• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm still a little salty that Holland didn't draft him 

Same, he's one of the top guys I wanted leading up to the draft... which is why I put the ;) .. i wasn't exactly subtle about it. 

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Theodore would be amazing, but no way Vegas gives him up. I still can't believe Anaheim offered him up in the expansion draft to protect Vatanen and Manson... Idiots...

Absolutely. I'd love to have Liljegren or Hague, but Foote would be my number one choice of those three. I was big on Johansen a couple years ago in his draft year. He hasn't put up big numbers since, but I still think he'd be a good addition to the pipeline.

If it was between Hague and Foote, I'd take Foote for sure, but both would be great additions. Hague is having a great season with Mississauga, but playing in the more offensive league (OHL) helps those numbers for sure. Foote is playing in the most defensive league (WHL), and still putting up great numbers.

A top pair of Dahlin and Liljegren would be unreal...

Yeah, Theodore was mostly a joke. And yeah, the ducks were dumb to do that imo too. 

I think I'd lean Foote picking between him and Hague/obviously would love to have any of the three. 

That top pair would be stupid awesome even just a couple years down the line, let alone when they're REALLY in their primes. Imagine the reactions from fans around the league if within a 4 month span, we added Dahlin and Liljegren :D the new era Swedish mafia 

13 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

The biggest question is can Kenny pull off any of the above scenarios ? 

If Foote grows up to be like his father I am okay with getting him.  Seem to remember daddy was quite nasty back in the rivalry days...

Personally, I'm hoping Tyler Bertuzzi murders an Avalanche player within the next year or two

Friedman: Nyquist, Tatar, and a goalie on the market

According to Elliot both Nyquist and Tatar have been on and off the market the last few years. He expects them to be back on the market again.

Won't say who, but sounds like one of Mraz and Howie are on the market as well. IMO, looking around the league,  I just don't see anyone trading for either.

If true this means we have Green, Nyquist, Tatar, XO, and a goalie on the market. We could be in for a big haul this year...

Maybe we can manage to get Cal Foote/Mike Green swap (working out whatever details we need to). 

The Bob father also mentions nashville wanting a top 6 winger. If nyq and or Tatar are really on the market, they’d be interested and they always seem to have solid defensive prospects in the pipeline. 

1 hour ago, amato said:
Maybe we can manage to get Cal Foote/Mike Green swap (working out whatever details we need to). 

The Bob father also mentions nashville wanting a top 6 winger. If nyq and or Tatar are really on the market, they’d be interested and they always seem to have solid defensive prospects in the pipeline. 

Green to Tampa for Foote.

Tatar to Nashville for Fabbro.

Howard to New York I. for 2018 2nd round draft pick.

Ouellet to Montreal for Edmonton's 2018 5th round draft pick.

Get er done Kenny!

...NSH, meanwhile, would be looking at all scoring winger possibilities and that list may include guys like Gustav Nyquist or Tomas Tatar in DET, though no one is suggesting DET is for sure moving those guys...

Edited by SwedeLundin77

18 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

...NSH, meanwhile, would be looking at all scoring winger possibilities and that list may include guys like Gustav Nyquist or Tomas Tatar in DET, though no one is suggesting DET is for sure moving those guys...

NSH has a pretty deep defensive corp and a lot of nice defensive prospects (so, i've heard)   Make it happen Kenny!!

21 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I like this! Trade both of them. One to NSH and one to PIT.  I'll take draft picks in return.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  I think we see now that we need more Larkins and Manthas and less Tatars and Nyquists.

Yes to all of this.  Both of these dudes looked sooo promising in their first couple years then completely fizzled out, not from a point stand point but they came into the lineup and immediately looked like 30 goal a season guys.  Goose scored 28 his first year (in 57 games at that) and 27 his second.  

17 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

You need scoring, and both of those guys provide it, but they're also pretty one dimensional.  They're not as easily replaced as a Frk, Glendening, or Helm, but they're not really core players either

That's exactly why they're tradable assets, teams obviously wont trade anything for Frk, Glendening or Helm.  Tatar and Nyquist would have big time interest to teams as secondary scoring I would think.  We need a few more core players to say the least, if trading them help get some more picks to get them then lets do it-rebuild this somab*tch

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

My problem with Holland at the moment is he thinks "picks" are going to help us.  1st round picks help us.  Yes.  2nd round picks can help us.  Yes.  You get a gem like Athanasiou outside of the 1st and 2nd rounds once in a while, but it's a crap shoot at best at that point.  These trades Holland needs to make need to fetch us picks in the first 60 players.  Not 3rd rounders.  The Smith and Vanek trades last uear were complete fails imo.

I dont think anyone will argue that 1st and 2nd rounders are worth more then 3rd or below, but some assets are just not worth 1st/2nds.

You obtain as many pics as possible and hope that some of the lower picks are better then expected. This isnt a "Holland" thing, this is a hockey thing Cady.

53 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Problem is people dont realize that the 1st round pick and 5 years in the system are extremely costly.  It's a giant hit to the organization to get negative ROI on 1st round picks.  And the last 10 years are full of that for almost every team.

Fixed it

Seriously, look at the draft history of first round picks.  Outside of the top 5-10 picks, there are a lot of guys who end up more like Smith or Sheahan than Weber or Kane

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

My problem with Holland at the moment is he thinks "picks" are going to help us.  1st round picks help us.  Yes.  2nd round picks can help us.  Yes.  You get a gem like Athanasiou outside of the 1st and 2nd rounds once in a while, but it's a crap shoot at best at that point.  These trades Holland needs to make need to fetch us picks in the first 60 players.  Not 3rd rounders.  The Smith and Vanek trades last uear were complete fails imo.

I would hope that both Nyquist and Tatar would garner us 1st round picks, their value is way higher then Smith or Vanek imo.  They're both young and yes one dimensional but in the right scenario can provide huge secondary scoring.  We unfortunately rely on them as our main goal scorers.  The days of our scouting getting gems in late rounds are definitely behind us, we wont find a Fedorov in the 4th round, a Dats in the 6th or a Zetterberg in the 7th, those were extremely lucky finds.  If Holland lets these guys go for anything less then a 1st round pick it'd be a loss

16 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Fixed it

Seriously, look at the draft history of first round picks.  Outside of the top 5-10 picks, there are a lot of guys who end up more like Smith or Sheahan (or much worse) than Weber or Kane.

Fixed it.

A lot of late first round draft picks don't even make the NHL.

Yeah, if we're being honest, the 1st round is sort of a crapshoot. First 3-5 picks are pretty safe, but mostly it's voodoo. Which is to say, the NHL entry draft is, on the whole, almost more of an art than a solid science.

If we're getting an additional 1st, it's going to be in the 15-31 range, probably more like 27-31. (A 1st from a bubble team would be lottery protected, so that's not really worth considering.) When you're in that territory, the tail end of the 1st round, you have to ask yourself if, say, two 2nds wouldn't be a better return than just a lone 1st. Or maybe a 2nd/3rd/4th and a really good prospect like Callan Foote or Dante Fabbro.

Point being, 1sts aren't everything. Look at how many of today's high-end NHLers were taken outside of the 1st round. It's quite a list.

This is why I’ve been saying for years we need a more balanced approach to building this team between adding players through draft and adding players via trade/FA. Drafting is more important than ever, but outside of the very top guys, as many have said, it’s a crap shoot.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, if we're being honest, the 1st round is sort of a crapshoot. First 3-5 picks are pretty safe, but mostly it's voodoo. Which is to say, the NHL entry draft is, on the whole, almost more of an art than a solid science.

If we're getting an additional 1st, it's going to be in the 15-31 range, probably more like 27-31. (A 1st from a bubble team would be lottery protected, so that's not really worth considering.) When you're in that territory, the tail end of the 1st round, you have to ask yourself if, say, two 2nds wouldn't be a better return than just a lone 1st. Or maybe a 2nd/3rd/4th and a really good prospect like Callan Foote or Dante Fabbro.

Point being, 1sts aren't everything. Look at how many of today's high-end NHLers were taken outside of the 1st round. It's quite a list.

Man, if we could somehow get a Foote or Fabbro type prospect, I wouldn't even care for the extra pick.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Man, if we could somehow get a Foote or Fabbro type prospect, I wouldn't even care for the extra pick.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I do feel like things seem to be lining up in our favor. Yzerman wants a Mike Green type defenseman and, given where the Bolts are with their Cup window, their picks and prospects are relatively expendable to them. Poile wants a scoring winger and Nyquist and Tatar roughly fit the mold of top-six wingers that Poile seems to favor these days.

If I have my facts straight, Bob McKenzie has said the Bolts and the Preds are the two teams that are really looking to go all in for a Cup run this season and that they're well-positioned to do so with the picks and prospects they have at their disposal. And he's also said he believes Poile is looking at Nyquist and Tatar, possibly as a fallback if he ultimately decides against acquiring one of the bigger names, e.g. Pacioretty, Hoffman.

(Cautious) HYPE!

The problem is, there are several players on this team that would be far more productive/valuable on other teams. Sheahan is an example of that. Nyquist and Tatar have the ability to be 30 goal scorers IMO as secondary scorers on a better team. They won't be on this team which means you will never get the best return for them. Hopefully other GMs see that and offer up a good return. I don't think I would trade both tho. I would keep one to replace Z in the top 6 when he retires. If ur top 6 is Larkin, Mantha, Svech, Rass and AA in the future, I think one of Tatar/Nyquist fits in well and puts up more points.