• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

I'm sorry, I want Yzerman here just as much as the next fan, but why would he take this risk? He's built a contender in Tampa that should be relevant for a while. If he was here the past two games, yeesh, can't imagine he feels confident in taking over this team. He was here for scouting reasons only. He's looking at Green, Mrazek, and maybe Nyquist.

18 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I'm sorry, I want Yzerman here just as much as the next fan, but why would he take this risk? He's built a contender in Tampa that should be relevant for a while. If he was here the past two games, yeesh, can't imagine he feels confident in taking over this team. He was here for scouting reasons only. He's looking at Green, Mrazek, and maybe Nyquist.

Agreed of course. He knows he has a high chance to win this year. He's looking at prime meat to stock up on for the run, being Green and Nyquist is my bet. Both should fit right in to their wheelhouse.

If you ask me to choose one I'd say Green.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Faulk for Mrazek lets do it 

If that were a remote possibility, I'd be all over it!

1 hour ago, Jacksoni said:

Agreed of course. He knows he has a high chance to win this year. He's looking at prime meat to stock up on for the run, being Green and Nyquist is my bet. Both should fit right in to their wheelhouse.

If you ask me to choose one I'd say Green.

Which is why I say Holland holds all the cards. Yzerman has his window to win now, price to pay for Green shouldn't matter to Yzerman as long as he's not taking awsy from his NHL roster. 

Green, Nyquist for 1st, 2nd, Foote w/ 50% of each salary retained. Which is basically a 2nd, 3rd, Foote.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I doubt a single person in the organization or a single fan "wants" to trade Athanasiou (I certainly don't), but you have to give to get. What is our biggest weakness? Top two defensemen. What is our biggest strength? Middle six wingers. Who are our best trading chips? Mantha and Athanasiou. I'd personally rather keep Mantha over AA, but that's just me. Again, Faulk probably wouldn't be my first choice, but he would be a great add for a team that lacks high end offensive defensemen (outside of Green). If we could trade a Nyquist or Tatar for a similar player, or a Foote or Fabbro, I'd be ecstatic, but unfortunately I think it would take more than that...

Faulk is also a game changer. He has the exact same points per game as Athanasiou from the back end. Sure, Athanasiou's will likely increase over the next couple years, but probably not significantly. Athanasiou isn't "great" offensively and defensively. I'd say he's good offensively and mediocre defensively. Again, he'll likely improve in moth categories, but he's not there yet.

Haha you actually think Athanasiou could get us Erik Karlsson? Yeah, maybe with our 1st round (top 5) pick in this year's draft...

no he is a very intriguing piece to acquire karlsson. no one on this team could singlehandely get us karlsson. ******* idiot

Over the last 3.5 NHL seasons here are Faulks rankings for the league:

7th in goals

37th in assists

25th in points

22nd in TOI/game

34th in hits

100th in blocked shots

42nd in giveaways

3rd in takeaways

He is clearly a top 30 Dman in the NHL. Not much debate about it. The weakness in his stats is blocked shots.

Faulk plays on a bad team that is offensively challenged. The Canes have been a bottom 10 team offensively for the last 3.5 seasons. He has been their best offensive player for most of his career. May not have to big name of some others but he is very good and would make us better. We are a much better team with Faulk than we are with AA. But that requires Holland doing something. Sadly I doubt he will.

2 hours ago, brett said:

no he is a very intriguing piece to acquire karlsson. no one on this team could singlehandely get us karlsson. ******* idiot

Lol yeah and Bertuzzi is a very "intriguing piece" to acquire Doughty. "F***ing idiot"...

So I guess I'm in the minority here, but Faulk is younger and cheaper than Green. He is also a top pair dman compared to Green's 2nd pair skill set. If you trade AA for Faulk, and Green for picks and/or prospects, you are upgrading the defense (the biggest need) while acquiring assets to rebuild with. Win, win. 

2 hours ago, brett said:

Really? Are you offended that @krsmith17 doesn't agree with your bad trade idea? Calm down, you sound like a child.

1 hour ago, Richdg said:

7th in goals

37th in assists

25th in points

22nd in TOI/game

34th in hits

100th in blocked shots

42nd in giveaways

3rd in takeaways

He is clearly a top 30 Dman in the NHL. Not much debate about it. The weakness in his stats is blocked shots.

Faulk plays on a bad team that is offensively challenged. The Canes have been a bottom 10 team offensively for the last 3.5 seasons. He has been their best offensive player for most of his career. May not have to big name of some others but he is very good and would make us better. We are a much better team with Faulk than we are with AA. But that requires Holland doing something. Sadly I doubt he will.

Rank these categories year after year and see what it tells you.

Edited by kliq

Not that I agree with that type of name calling amongst friends but lets be fair to @brett. He's basically saying AA could be used as a piece to lure Karlsson in among other things (probably 1st rounders for a couple of years). I think he just didn't like @krsmith17 laughing at him lol. 

Lets all chill and go back to remembering that I'm playing the role of the forum A-hole for now. Focus the negative energy on me!

Edited by kickazz

13 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Not that I agree with that type of name calling amongst friends but lets be fair to @brett. He's basically saying AA could be used as a piece to lure Karlsson in among other things (probably 1st rounders for a couple of years). I think he just didn't like @krsmith17 laughing at him lol. 

Lets all chill and go back to remembering that I'm playing the role of the forum A-hole for now. Focus the negative energy on me!

If it was a sign and trade, that's one thing, but Karlsson has essentially said he wants to hit the open market.

Here's a dream scenario, we dump a butt ton of salary, we get what we have wanted from tpa for Green (1st and Foote.) Win the lottery, draft Dahlin...Karlsson comes here on a Swedish Don (Zetterberg) discount, Then JT comes here as well! Somebody wake me! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

22 minutes ago, Richdg said:

7th in goals

37th in assists

25th in points

22nd in TOI/game

34th in hits

100th in blocked shots

42nd in giveaways

3rd in takeaways

First off, I morally disagree with the entire concept of ranking or judging a player solely on numbers (especially a Dman), but even more so I disagree with using season stat totals (How do you consider GP?). Did you really collect 8 rankings on 180+ Dmen over the last 3.5 seasons and do all the math on all of them? Average all of them? That's over 5,000 data points were talking. How and why did you calculate a half season? Did you collect stats on 180+ Dmen for the last 41 games of the season? That's a super weird number to find, did you have to go through game-by-game stats to get to the right number? Or are you referring to the 54 games played this season?

I have so many questions, which along with your reputation for making up numbers, gives me the suspicion you're not being entirely accurate here.

Among NHL Dmen, Faulk's ranking starting with this year and working back 5 seasons to the 2013/14 season:

I used "top" numbers because most of these stats involve a large number of ties. This eliminates that potential to swing the ranking either up or down for the most part.

Goals: Top 77, Top 4, Top 9, Top 10, Top 90 (2013/14)

Assists: Top 56, Top 66, Top 58, Top 20, Top 39

TOI/G: Top 52, Top 32, Top 21, Top 16, Top 34

Hits: Top 40, Top 50, Top 64, Top 35, Top 91

Blocks: Top 97, Top 131, Top 160, Top 74, Top 94

Giveaways: Top 21, Top 86, Top 79, Top 46, Top 54

Takeaways: Top 5, Top 8, Top 10, Top 2, Top 15

But what else can be learned?

Assuming your counting this season as the half season... how did you get to the numbers you reached? When averaged for the *3.65* seasons:

7th in goals: More like top 25

37th in assists?  More like top 50

25th in points? More like top 35

22nd in TOI/G? More like top 30

34th in hits? More like top 47

100th in blocked shots? More like top 115

42nd in giveaways? More like top 58

3rd in takeaways? More like top 6

Now I just did the lazy way and averaged the averages. If you are putting in the work and have a better method please let me know and I'll hush up.

Some numbers you appear to be close on, and others a lot farther off. I honestly can't tell if your being malicious or just negligent, but your findings/numbers aren't accurate.

Regardless of all that, based on my numbers, it paints the picture of a top 50 Dman. And I was really impressed by the number of takeaways this man is getting each year.

Disclaimer: CRL does not believe any of these numbers accurately reflect Justin Faulk as a player

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First off, I morally disagree with the entire concept of ranking or judging a player solely on numbers (especially a Dman), but even more so I disagree with using season stat totals (How do you consider GP?). Did you really collect 8 rankings on 180+ Dmen over the last 3.5 seasons and do all the math on all of them? Average all of them? That's over 5,000 data points were talking. How and why did you calculate a half season? Did you collect stats on 180+ Dmen for the last 41 games of the season? That's a super weird number to find, did you have to go through game-by-game stats to get to the right number? Or are you referring to the 54 games played this season?

I have so many questions, which along with your reputation for making up numbers, gives me the suspicion you're not being entirely accurate here.

Among NHL Dmen, Faulk's ranking starting with this year and working back 5 seasons to the 2013/14 season:

I used "top" numbers because most of these stats involve a large number of ties. This eliminates that potential to swing the ranking either up or down for the most part.

Goals: Top 77, Top 4, Top 9, Top 10, Top 90 (2013/14)

Assists: Top 56, Top 66, Top 58, Top 20, Top 39

TOI/G: Top 52, Top 32, Top 21, Top 16, Top 34

Hits: Top 40, Top 50, Top 64, Top 35, Top 91

Blocks: Top 97, Top 131, Top 160, Top 74, Top 94

Giveaways: Top 21, Top 86, Top 79, Top 46, Top 54

Takeaways: Top 5, Top 8, Top 10, Top 2, Top 15

But what else can be learned?

Assuming your counting this season as the half season... how did you get to the numbers you reached? When averaged for the *3.65* seasons:

7th in goals: More like top 25

37th in assists?  More like top 50

25th in points? More like top 35

22nd in TOI/G? More like top 30

34th in hits? More like top 47

100th in blocked shots? More like top 115

42nd in giveaways? More like top 58

3rd in takeaways? More like top 6

Now I just did the lazy way and averaged the averages. If you are putting in the work and have a better method please let me know and I'll hush up.

Some numbers you appear to be close on, and others a lot farther off. I honestly can't tell if your being malicious or just negligent, but your findings/numbers aren't accurate.

Regardless of all that, based on my numbers, it paints the picture of a top 50 Dman. And I was really impressed by the number of takeaways this man is getting each year.

Disclaimer: CRL does not believe any of these numbers accurately reflect Justin Faulk as a player

Its real simple wish guy. Go to nhl.com.... stats.... put in the years.... combine stats... and imagine that you have the totals by player. A 6 year old could do it.

2 minutes ago, Richdg said:

Its real simple wish guy. Go to nhl.com.... stats.... put in the years.... combine stats... and imagine that you have the totals by player. A 6 year old could do it.

Ah that clears up your suspect methodology "put in years, combine stats, imagine totals"

Well then you're dumber than a 6 year old, cause your numbers are wrong lol

57 minutes ago, kliq said:

Really? Are you offended that @krsmith17 doesn't agree with your bad trade idea? Calm down, you sound like a child.

Rank these categories year after year and see what it tells you.

ok here you go:

14/15: 7th in goals, 20th in assists, 12th in points, 16th TOI/game, 34th hits, 74th in blocks, 46th in giveaways, 2nd in takeaways

15/16: 7th in goals, 58th is assists, 33rd points, 21st in toi/game, 64th in hits, 160th blocks, 78th in giveaways, 10th in takeaways

16/17: 2nd in goals, 66th assists, 37th points, 32nd toi/game, 50th hits, 131st blocks, 84th giveaways, 8th takeaways

17/18: 75th goals, 55th assists, 57th points, 51st toi/game, 38th hits, 96th blocks, 21st giveaways, 5th takeaways

Again top 30 Dman that happens to be having a bad year to date. In other words.... we buy low. Which matters more? The 3 great full seasons or the bad half a season? he is 25. Turns 26 next month. Best is still to come.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ah that clears up your suspect methodology "put in years, combine stats, imagine totals"

Well then you're dumber than a 6 year old, cause your numbers are wrong lol

then so is NHL.com

7 minutes ago, Richdg said:

ok here you go:

14/15: 7th in goals, 20th in assists, 12th in points, 16th TOI/game, 34th hits, 74th in blocks, 46th in giveaways, 2nd in takeaways

15/16: 7th in goals, 58th is assists, 33rd points, 21st in toi/game, 64th in hits, 160th blocks, 78th in giveaways, 10th in takeaways

16/17: 2nd in goals, 66th assists, 37th points, 32nd toi/game, 50th hits, 131st blocks, 84th giveaways, 8th takeaways

17/18: 75th goals, 55th assists, 57th points, 51st toi/game, 38th hits, 96th blocks, 21st giveaways, 5th takeaways

Again top 30 Dman that happens to be having a bad year to date. In other words.... we buy low. Which matters more? The 3 great full seasons or the bad half a season? he is 25. Turns 26 next month. Best is still to come.

then so is NHL.com

Yeah all those numbers you just quoted to KrSmith are wrong too lol

NHL.com isn't wrong, you just don't understand or know how to interpret their run report function in stats. Just one example: He's not 75th in goals this year. He's tied for 60th - 77th. Your passing off fake numbers. A 6 year old could figure that out.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

10 minutes ago, Richdg said:

ok here you go:

then so is NHL.com

He's regressed every single year for 4 straight seasons. I am not saying he wont get better, but that is a giant red flag.

17 minutes ago, kliq said:

He's regressed every single year for 4 straight seasons. I am not saying he wont get better, but that is a giant red flag.

But does that mean he’ll continue to get worse? No. Would a swap with AA really be all that bad? No. Does Richdg think he’s a good addition? He could be. Does CRL like unicorns and daisies? Absolutely. 

With the rumors of TBL scouting us, and us scouting TBL, I'm a little hesitant to trade with Yzerman again, and I hope Holland is too.

I thought Holland was clever at the time to use Yzerman to pull Quincey out of Colorado, but Yzerman ended up with the last laugh when KFQ turned out to be bunk. Stevie basically swapped Downie for a 1st, which was a pretty schrewd movie. He then used that first on Vasilevsky.

We were also rumored to be gunning for Namestnikov at the 2013 draft because he grew up around the organization. Yzerman, who was in that organization and knew a lot about this kid, was then able to get him a few picks ahead of us. We ended up with plan B: youtube star Jurco.

Imagine if we had had Namesntkov and Vasilevsky instead of Quincey and Jurco right now.

I'm hesitant to do business with Yzerman, I hope Holland learned his lesson of beware the padawan by now.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

With the rumors of TBL scouting us, and us scouting TBL, I'm a little hesitant to trade with Yzerman again, and I hope Holland is too.

I thought Holland was clever at the time to use Yzerman to pull Quincey out of Colorado, but Yzerman ended up with the last laugh when KFQ turned out to be bunk. Stevie basically swapped Downie for a 1st, which was a pretty schrewd movie. He then used that first on Vasilevsky.

We were also rumored to be gunning for Namestnikov at the 2013 draft because he grew up around the organization. Yzerman, who was in that organization and knew a lot about this kid, was then able to get him a few picks ahead of us. We ended up with plan B: youtube star Jurco.

Imagine if we had had Namesntkov and Vasilevsky instead of Quincey and Jurco right now.

I'm hesitant to do business with Yzerman, I hope Holland learned his lesson of beware the padawan by now.

The shoe is on the other foot now, however. It is now them being a playoff team and us sucking. It would be us giving up a roster player for their futures. So go mad, Holland.