• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

With the rumors of TBL scouting us, and us scouting TBL, I'm a little hesitant to trade with Yzerman again, and I hope Holland is too.

I thought Holland was clever at the time to use Yzerman to pull Quincey out of Colorado, but Yzerman ended up with the last laugh when KFQ turned out to be bunk. Stevie basically swapped Downie for a 1st, which was a pretty schrewd movie. He then used that first on Vasilevsky.

We were also rumored to be gunning for Namestnikov at the 2013 draft because he grew up around the organization. Yzerman, who was in that organization and knew a lot about this kid, was then able to get him a few picks ahead of us. We ended up with plan B: youtube star Jurco.

Imagine if we had had Namesntkov and Vasilevsky instead of Quincey and Jurco right now.

I'm hesitant to do business with Yzerman, I hope Holland learned his lesson of beware the padawan by now.

I think If we were gunning for Namestnikov so much we wouldn't have traded our 1st round pick to Ottawa for the 2 2nds. We would have been ahead of TB's pick and got him for sure. 

There must have been some reticence about him - or maybe Jurco was the target and we knew we could get him later.

Having Namestnikov instead of those 2 2nd round picks (jurco, XO) would definitely be nice, but hindsight is never a fair judge.

P.S. Tampa did damn good in that draft picking 27th each round, they got Namestnikov, Kucherov (2nd), and Palat (7th). Examples like this should counteract the notion that you have to finish dead last to get a good player.  

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I think If we were gunning for Namestnikov so much we wouldn't have traded our 1st round pick to Ottawa for the 2 2nds. We would have been ahead of TB's pick and got him for sure. 

There must have been some reticence about him - or maybe Jurco was the target and we knew we could get him later.

Having Namestnikov instead of those 2 2nd round picks (jurco, XO) would definitely be nice, but hindsight is never a fair judge.

P.S. Tampa did damn good in that draft picking 27th each round, they got Namestnikov, Kucherov (2nd), and Palat (7th). Examples like this should counteract the notion that you have to finish dead last to get a good player.  

My understanding was Namestnikov was projected to go sometime in the 2nd round and Yzerman reached up into the 1st to nab him. I think Holland was trading down to get namestnikov where he thought he would fall and Stevie used that oppurtunity to scoop him up. There was definately surprise when Stevie took him in the 1st, but it made sense after the fact since Yzerman had a previous connection to the kid.

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

My understanding was Namestnikov was projected to go sometime in the 2nd round and Yzerman reached up into the 1st to nab him. I think Holland was trading down to get namestnikov where he thought he would fall and Stevie used that oppurtunity to scoop him up. There was definately surprise when Stevie took him in the 1st, but it made sense after the fact since Yzerman had a previous connection to the kid.

Ah, that's totally possible. I don't remember that storyline, but that would be a little game of chess between the 2 GMs that would make you trust Yzerman a little less., haha.

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

With the rumors of TBL scouting us, and us scouting TBL, I'm a little hesitant to trade with Yzerman again, and I hope Holland is too.

I thought Holland was clever at the time to use Yzerman to pull Quincey out of Colorado, but Yzerman ended up with the last laugh when KFQ turned out to be bunk. Stevie basically swapped Downie for a 1st, which was a pretty schrewd movie. He then used that first on Vasilevsky.

We were also rumored to be gunning for Namestnikov at the 2013 draft because he grew up around the organization. Yzerman, who was in that organization and knew a lot about this kid, was then able to get him a few picks ahead of us. We ended up with plan B: youtube star Jurco.

Imagine if we had had Namesntkov and Vasilevsky instead of Quincey and Jurco right now.

I'm hesitant to do business with Yzerman, I hope Holland learned his lesson of beware the padawan by now.

Holland has rarely done any deals that have benefited us.

2 hours ago, ShanahanMan said:

Holland has rarely done any deals that have benefited us.

Vanek trade

Smith trade

Jurco trade

Datsyuk deal to Phoenix

Riley Sheahan trade

Steve Ott trade

Kindl trade

This is all for the most part within a matter of only a year and half. More to come this deadine probably. All of them have benefitted us in some way.

Edited by kickazz

On 2/9/2018 at 6:46 PM, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Ah, that's totally possible. I don't remember that storyline, but that would be a little game of chess between the 2 GMs that would make you trust Yzerman a little less., haha.

Stevie has always played to win ...

Here is some interesting thoughts on some of our players and the TDL:

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-looking-at-who-the-detroit-red-wings-could-trade-at-the-deadline/2018/01/29/?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation&spot_im_comment_id=sp_oHhGytg0_54322_c_OTne1y

On the Detroit Red Wings …

Luke Fox: Pending UFA defenseman Mike Green said that there have been no contract extension talks with the Red Wings. Green added that he wants to be back with the Wings next year.

MLive: Looking at some players the Detroit Red Wings could move before the trade deadline.

Justin Abdelkader – Five years left at $4.25 million with a no-trade clause. Too much money and term for anyone to be interested.

Andreas Athanasiou – Pending RFA with a $1.3875 million cap hit. Should not be a trade candidate.

David Booth – Pending UFA with a $700,000. He’s been through waivers three times already this season, so likely has no trade value.

Trevor Daley – Two years left at a $3.17 million cap hit. Will more likely be shopped at the deadline next season. He’ll have a modified 15-team no-trade list next year.

Danny DeKeyser – Four years left at $5 million. His play the past two years has reduced his trade value. Likely too much money and term for anyone. Full NTC until 2021.

Jonathan Ericsson – Two years left at $4.25 million. Likely a candidate to be moved next season.

Martin Frk – Pending RFA with a $650,000 cap hit. No reason for the Red Wings to consider moving him.

Luke Glendening – Three years left a $1.8 million cap hit. A large contract for a fourth-liner, but it seems unlikely that they’ll look to move him.

Mike Green – Pending UFA with a $6 million cap hit. The Wings best trade chip will be on the move. Green has control with his no-trade clause. The New York Rangers and the Tampa Bay Lightning could be trade possibilities. May not get a first-round pick for him, maybe two seconds or a second and a third.

Darren Helm – Three years left at a $3.85 million cap hit. The Wings will be shopping him, but even with retaining salary, it won’t be easy. Helm has a full no-trade clause through 2018-19.

Jimmy Howard – One-year left at a $5.291 million cap hit. Won’t be easy to trade even if they retain salary. Not many teams are looking for a goalie. Howard has a 10-team trade list.

Nick Jensen – One-year left at $812,500. Teams may be interested in him as a third-pairing defenseman. Could get a late round pick for him, but the Wings are more likely to keep him and attempt to move Xavier Ouellet.

Niklas Kronwall – One-year left at a $4.75 million cap hit. High salary and injury issues won’t create much of a trade market for him.

Petr Mrazek – Pending RFA with a $4 million cap hit. Would have to retain salary and they will try to move him again. The Wings had trade talks with the Oilers involving Mrazek earlier this season. Could he be an option for the Blackhawks with Corey Crawford out?

Frans Nielsen – Four years left a $5.25 million cap hit and a no-movement clause. He’s untradeable.

Gustav Nyquist – One-year left at $4.75 million. If they don’t intend to re-sign him after next season, they need to trade him. He has a no-trade clause.

Xavier Ouellet – One-year left at $1.25 million. They are trying to trade him for a late-round pick.

Tomas Tatar – Three-years left at $5.3 million per. His contract could be too much and too long to get prospects and picks. If they trade him, would likely have to be a “hockey trade” – maybe for an established defenseman.

Bob McKenzie: Red Wings defenseman Mike Green has a no-trade clause, so he controls his future. The list of teams that he may be willing to go to is short.

“The price that the Red Wings are asking for is somewhere between what St. Louis got for Kevin Shattenkirk last year, a first-round pick and a prospect. Or between what Brendan Smith fetched last year as a rental for the Detroit Red Wings, that was a second-round pick and a third-round pick. Tampa Bay is the team that is often linked to Green.”

I would think the 1st and a prospect would be far more valuable than a 2nd and 3rd in this case. I know it would awesome to get a 1st and Foote, but Mac just says prospect, not high prospect. More than likely it'd be a 1st and some lower round prospect. Maybe a 1st and Volkov or Raddish? I am not sure they'd give up a 1st and Foote or Howden. Maybe a 2nd and Foote or Howden? Although I am still holding out hope for a bid up war and we get overpaid for him!

You'd have to figure at least all 4 division leaders will want a crack at him, if not all 12 teams that are "IN" right now. We could get a nice payment for him that exceeds his value! That would be great!

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I would think the 1st and a prospect would be far more valuable than a 2nd and 3rd in this case. I know it would awesome to get a 1st and Foote, but Mac just says prospect, not high prospect. More than likely it'd be a 1st and some lower round prospect. Maybe a 1st and Volkov or Raddish? I am not sure they'd give up a 1st and Foote or Howden. Maybe a 2nd and Foote or Howden? Although I am still holding out hope for a bid up war and we get overpaid for him!

You'd have to figure at least all 4 division leaders will want a crack at him, if not all 12 teams that are "IN" right now. We could get a nice payment for him that exceeds his value! That would be great!

If we're only getting one piece (a pick or a prospect), which is very likely, I'd prefer the high end prospect over the draft pick any day. I'd take any of Foote, Howden or Raddysh straight up for Green. Tampa are loaded with high end prospects, so they may be willing to give up a little of their future for a chance to win now. I'm thinking if any team would be willing to overpay for Green, it could be Tampa. *fingers crossed*. I still say there's zero chance we get Foote plus, let alone Foote plus a first though.

McKenzie also mentioned that Nashville could be in on one of Nyquist or Tatar. He said that Poile will likely be looking to add depth on the wing, and may prefer a player with term (not a pending UFA), and won't likely be willing to pay the high price tag of a Pacioretty, Nash or Kane. He said Detroit could get a 2nd and a prospect for one of them. I doubt we'd get that much, but if we could, I'd do it for sure.

the thing that worries me about green is McKenzie mentioning that his list of teams he'd accept a trade to could be short.... which could limit any kind of "bidding war" we could hope for. Granted you only need 2 teams to be very interested to create something like that, so it's still possible. Foote/a comparable defensive prospect for Green straight up is the best case scenario imo

1 hour ago, amato said:

the thing that worries me about green is McKenzie mentioning that his list of teams he'd accept a trade to could be short.... which could limit any kind of "bidding war" we could hope for. Granted you only need 2 teams to be very interested to create something like that, so it's still possible. Foote/a comparable defensive prospect for Green straight up is the best case scenario imo

I think a lot of that is speculation based on the fact that he has a NTC though. I haven't heard or seen any quotes from Green saying that he would only go to a specific one or two teams. The only thing I've heard concrete, is that Green would like to stay in Detroit. I'd be surprised if he wouldn't accept a trade to go to a contending team for a few months for a chance at a Cup, and then try to negotiate a new contract with the Wings this summer. Either way, if Green is only interested in going to Tampa or back to Washington or whatever, I'm sure he'll let Holland know, but I don't think he'd announce it publicly, only to lower the team's leverage.

If Green is only willing to waive his NTC to go to Tampa or Washington and Toronto, Pittsburgh, Boston, Nashville or whoever else are interested, you let them all drive the price up and trade him to the best offer between Tampa and Washington.

9 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

What if Green stays yet you trade Nyquist for a prospect Tatar for a prospect and Jimmy for draft picks would that be considered a good deadline day?

I think it would depend on what prospects / picks we received, but assuming they were relatively fair value, I'd consider it a good trade deadline. However, I'd question why we traded three pieces, but held onto our biggest trade chip. Green has to be traded. If he wants to come back after his Cup run though, I'd certainly welcome him back at a slightly lesser contract.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I think a lot of that is speculation based on the fact that he has a NTC though. I haven't heard or seen any quotes from Green saying that he would only go to a specific one or two teams. The only thing I've heard concrete, is that Green would like to stay in Detroit. I'd be surprised if he wouldn't accept a trade to go to a contending team for a few months for a chance at a Cup, and then try to negotiate a new contract with the Wings this summer. Either way, if Green is only interested in going to Tampa or back to Washington or whatever, I'm sure he'll let Holland know, but I don't think he'd announce it publicly, only to lower the team's leverage.

If Green is only willing to waive his NTC to go to Tampa or Washington and Toronto, Pittsburgh, Boston, Nashville or whoever else are interested, you let them all drive the price up and trade him to the best offer between Tampa and Washington.

I agree, and hope the price gets driven up for sure.. i'm just trying my best to not get my hopes up too high :P and I definitely hope he re-signs this summer.. but yeah, after a trade at the deadline. sounds like there's a pretty reasonable chance.  

32 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun was saying that a few teams have interest in Danny DeKeyser, Do it Kenny deal him to the highest bidder. His full NTC sucks plus being a Detroit native unfortunately i don't see him going anywhere.

Those pesky NTCs...

56 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun was saying that a few teams have interest in Danny DeKeyser, Do it Kenny deal him to the highest bidder. His full NTC sucks plus being a Detroit native unfortunately i don't see him going anywhere.

22 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Those pesky NTCs...

Haven't you heard? Players with NTCs get traded all the time. NTCs basically don't even matter. Just ask @LeftWinger

8 hours ago, amato said:

I wouldn't worry about the list being short. The teams that Green would be willing to go to are the same ones that will be bidding on him. I don't see a wild card type team going after him, and those teams are who he might say no to.

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I agree, sorta. Green certainly falls closer to Shatt then Smith in terms of value to other teams. I see a first and a so-so prospect, or a 2nd and a good prospect, or a high end prospect and lower draft pick coming back. I've been more supportive of Holland than most, and even I don't see him getting a 1st and a stud back.

1 hour ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

I think Bruce meant to say FEW teams have interest in Danny DeKeyser.