• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I think Bruce meant to say FEW teams have interest in Danny DeKeyser.

Yup that's probably the most realistic wording, Can't see many teams being interested in DDK.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Those pesky NTCs...

Yup hate those pesky NTCs

54 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Haven't you heard? Players with NTCs get traded all the time. NTCs basically don't even matter. Just ask @LeftWinger

They do, if they wave them or give them a list of teams they won't go to.  They matter because they can pretty much control where they go, but every year someone with a NTC gets traded,,,lets use Mike Green for example, bet you he gets traded...and he has a FULL NTC...

3 hours ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun was saying that a few teams have interest in Danny DeKeyser, Do it Kenny deal him to the highest bidder. His full NTC sucks plus being a Detroit native unfortunately i don't see him going anywhere.

I dont trade DD. He's paid quite comparably to other top 4 D-men, and with a good coach I think he will play at that level. We need top 4 D-men, I'd rather not trade any away unless its for a better top 4 D-man.

Edited by kliq

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

They do, if they wave them or give them a list of teams they won't go to.  They matter because they can pretty much control where they go, but every year someone with a NTC gets traded,,,lets use Mike Green for example, bet you he gets traded...and he has a FULL NTC...

Our best Dman? Right before the playoffs? Not likely

20 minutes ago, kliq said:

I dont trade DD. He's paid quite comparably to other top 4 D-men, and with a good coach I think he will play at that level. We need top 4 D-men, I'd rather not trade any way unless its for a better top 4 D-man.

I agree. It's amazing how low most all Red Wings fans are on DeKeyser. Some even go as far as to say they'd eat half his salary for a 7th round draft pick. I would trade DeKeyser, but it would have to be worth it. DD isn't near as bad as fans make it seem, and on a better team, I think he's a legit top 3/4 defenseman. And like you said, he's getting paid as such.

Dekeyser sucks 

League figured him out pretty easily. 

I'd see how he does under a new coach but I'm not optimistic about him in the future. He's not very skilled (terrible shooting aim), has a tall frame but rarely uses it to his advantage, bites on forwards more often than he did when he first came into the league. 

There is a significant difference in his performance from his first year or two to now. Seems like one of those that thrives off a good partner otherwise he's just not good enough. 

He'll probably do fine if he had someone like Quincey again to play with but waiting to find that or having the opportunity to trade him? I'd just trade him. 

Edited by kickazz

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

Dekeyser sucks 

League figured him out pretty easily. 

I'd see how he does under a new coach but I'm not optimistic about him in the future. He's not very skilled (terrible shooting aim), has a tall frame but rarely uses it to his advantage, bites on forwards more often than he did when he first came into the league. 

There is a significant difference in his performance from his first year or two to now. Seems like one of those that thrives off a good partner otherwise he's just not good enough. 

He'll probably do fine if he had someone like Quincey again to play with but waiting to find that or having the opportunity to trade him? I'd just trade him. 

Do you think it would be easier to trade DeKeyser or find a Quincey level replacement to pair him with? I agree that they were a steady pair, but do you think that was all Quincey? I don't.

You want to trade him, and I'd be fine with that. But realistically, what sort of return would you expect to get for him? Would you retain salary?

30 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Must agree.

He came in, and looked promising, but under the BlashMan his game (as others have too) has gone down the drain.

$5 (American - not Canadian) says a new coaching staff is what he, and his teammates need...Maybe Coach Q becomes available this summer...

A new process will help a lot of these players.  Wonder if Hawks have gone weary of Q's gravel voice as they are dead last in the Central and basically 10 points from Colorado. Heck if you look at the overall league standing with our 2 games in hand.  If we were to win both games we would be a point ahead of Chicago ...and we are sad about our team Hawks fans must be beyond frustrated. 

25 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'd absolutely HATE to see Chicago win the draft lottery!

Ya hopefully they make the playoffs and get bounced first round again in 4.

5 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

A new process will help a lot of these players.  Wonder if Hawks have gone weary of Q's gravel voice as they are dead last in the Central and basically 10 points from Colorado. Heck if you look at the overall league standing with our 2 games in hand.  If we were to win both games we would be a point ahead of Chicago ...and we are sad about our team Hawks fans must be beyond frustrated. 

I was reading the HOF boards and there are a lot of Chi fans upset with him. I could see him coming to Detroit, he is from Windsor.

I guess this isn't so much a rumor as a terrible take.

From WIIM:

Lastly, perhaps the Vancouver Canucks might come calling? After all, you could draw the correlation that Holland might end up as their next GM (but then again, that could be labelled as tampering?) and maybe he secretly values DDK more than the fans think? The Canucks are pressed against the salary cap, but former Red Wing Thomas Vanek has an expiring contract. Plus, the Wings could pluck one of the Canucks’ goalies in the deal considering they have plenty of uncertainty in their own crease moving forward. Adding one of Jimmy Howard or Petr Mrazek in the package might make Jim Benning more inclined to deal Jacob Markstrom or Anders Nilsson—at that point, it’s anyone’s guess.

So, we would trade DDK for an expiring contract and Markstrom or Nilsson?  Why in the hell would we do that!?  He's not THAT terrible.

27 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

One encouraging thing I heard from the broadcast last night is when Holland said he'll be looking for Draft Picks, Prospects and Cap Space at the deadline. 

Let's get it done! Green, Howard, Mrazek, Nyquist, Tatar, Ericsson, Helm, XO! Let's go!

Never going to happen. You are just setting yourself up to be disappointed on deadline day, and then we are all going to have to pick you back up when you jump off the cliff.

Green will go, 1 of Howard/Mrazek will go, 1 of Nquist/Tatar might go, E is going nowhere, Helm is going nowhere, and XO probably will. And that is likely best case scenario.

Personally I'd rather Jensen be traded then XO.

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

I guess this isn't so much a rumor as a terrible take.

From WIIM:

So, we would trade DDK for an expiring contract and Markstrom or Nilsson?  Why in the hell would we do that!?  He's not THAT terrible.

Cap space and revamping the D roster completely. 

Making a pitch for Tavares. Making a pitch for Karlsson.

On 2/13/2018 at 7:17 AM, krsmith17 said:

Do you think it would be easier to trade DeKeyser or find a Quincey level replacement to pair him with? I agree that they were a steady pair, but do you think that was all Quincey? I don't.

You want to trade him, and I'd be fine with that. But realistically, what sort of return would you expect to get for him? Would you retain salary?

Anything that gets us cap space. No retention. 

I personally think Dekeyser officially sucks (unless he’s a hockey genious that can change his game). But my opinion doesn’t matter bcuz I’m sure Holland thinks he’s a decent player. But I bet Holland is considering the trade to save cap

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I know it won't happen, but can you imagine if we landed both AND drafted Dahlin. We would be set.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Never going to happen. You are just setting yourself up to be disappointed on deadline day, and then we are all going to have to pick you back up when you jump off the cliff.

Green will go, 1 of Howard/Mrazek will go, 1 of Nquist/Tatar might go, E is going nowhere, Helm is going nowhere, and XO probably will. And that is likely best case scenario.

This is Lefty to a tee. No offense, man, but...   Every. Single. Year.

All of those moves make sense.  I wish Helmer's contract was a year (ideally two) year(s) shorter.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

I don't disagree with revamping the D roster completely... but Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere... so there's no true revamping of the d-squad AND I don't understand moving the one guy who might actually turn it around.  I don't think he sucks SO BADLY that he's beyond a quick u-turn... and I do think putting him with a proper partner makes him at least a little more palatable even when he's playing poorly.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I know it won't happen, but can you imagine if we landed both AND drafted Dahlin. We would be set.

Lol.  You guys are funny.  I mean, I know you don't believe it, but even thinking Holland has the skill at this point to pull of Tavares and Karlsson, plus this team having the luck to draw #1.   Just ain't gonna happen mates.  Hell, we're more likely to make the goddamned playoffs than any of our wet dream fantasies about free agency and the draft happening.

Edited by e_prime