• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, e_prime said:

This is Lefty to a tee. No offense, man, but...   Every. Single. Year.

All of those moves make sense.  I wish Helmer's contract was a year (ideally two) year(s) shorter.

I don't disagree with revamping the D roster completely... but Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere... so there's no true revamping of the d-squad AND I don't understand moving the one guy who might actually turn it around.  I don't think he sucks SO BADLY that he's beyond a quick u-turn... and I do think putting him with a proper partner makes him at least a little more palatable even when he's playing poorly.

Lol.  You guys are funny.  I mean, I know you don't believe it, but even thinking Holland has the skill at this point to pull of Tavares and Karlsson, plus this team having the luck to draw #1.   Just ain't gonna happen mates.  Hell, we're more likely to make the goddamned playoffs than any of our wet dream fantasies about free agency and the draft happening.

For the record, I dont think any of the 3 things will happen, but I will say this. IF we get Dahlin which is a BIG if, I do think it changes things for us in that big time players would be more likely to come here. 

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

This. Ericsson also gets far more tradable come this time next year.

With E having a resurgence this year, if I were Holland I would seeing if I could move him.

14 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lol.

Well Kronwall only has a year left and Ericsson has two. Not terrible to transition for Cholo and crew to take over

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

This. Ericsson also gets far more tradable come this time next year.

Cholo is coming whether DK is on the roster or not. 

I think he should stick around.

OH GOD YES.   FINALLY.

dennis-cholowski-red-wings-photojpg-3810Totally a gangster.

Wysh on what we're sellin':  

Likely available: D Mike Green (32, UFA, $6M); G Petr Mrazek (26, RFA, $4M); Xavier Ouellet (24, 2019 UFA, $1.25M); LW/RW Tomas Tatar (27, 2021 UFA, $5.3M); LW/RW Gustav Nyquist (28, 2019 UFA, $4.75M, no-trade clause).

Would they actually deal... Andreas Athanasiou (23, RFA, $1,387,500)? The speedy winger is putting up the best per-game numbers in his career, and is coming off a bitter contract impasse with GM Ken Holland.

Deadline game plan: Trading Green. There's going to be a robust market for the veteran, puck-moving defenseman, with the Lightning and the Maple Leafs among the suitors -- two teams that could end up facing each other in Round 1 of the playoffs. If the Wings can't pull at least what the Blues got for Kevin Shattenkirk last season, it'll be a whiff.

Keep in mind that wherever Mrazek ends up for the rest of the season, that team can walk away from him in the summer during arbitration.

Tatar is, for my money, a better player than Nyquist, and has no trade protection. But he also has the higher average annual value on his contract and the longer commitment. Not for nothing, but Dallas GM Jim Nill and Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman were with Detroit when these two were drafted.

Best-case scenario: The Wings find there's a bidding war for Green, and get above-market value for him.

Edited by e_prime

3 hours ago, kliq said:

I know it won't happen, but can you imagine if we landed both AND drafted Dahlin. We would be set.

I cannot recall with thread I said this in, but I mentioned that dream scenario!  we win the lottery and draft Dahlin,  Karlsson comes here on a Swedish Don discount and Nielsen helps us lure JT here! Then somewhere in Minnesota, Ryan Suter is s***ting himself and screaming at his wife for making him sign with the Wild.  Not to mention who we get for green! Here's a teaser...

Trade Green to Toronto for a 1st and Liljigren, win the lottery draft Dahlin, Sign Karlsson and JT on July 1st.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

All of those moves make sense.  I wish Helmer's contract was a year (ideally two) year(s) shorter.

I don't disagree with revamping the D roster completely... but Kronner and Ericsson aren't going anywhere... so there's no true revamping of the d-squad AND I don't understand moving the one guy who might actually turn it around.  I don't think he sucks SO BADLY that he's beyond a quick u-turn... and I do think putting him with a proper partner makes him at least a little more palatable even when he's playing poorly.

Lol.  You guys are funny.  I mean, I know you don't believe it, but even thinking Holland has the skill at this point to pull of Tavares and Karlsson, plus this team having the luck to draw #1.   Just ain't gonna happen mates.  Hell, we're more likely to make the goddamned playoffs than any of our wet dream fantasies about free agency and the draft happening.

...only 6 points out. Careful what you wish for!

Edited by LeftWinger

50 minutes ago, e_prime said:

dennis-cholowski-red-wings-photojpg-3810Totally a gangster.

Wysh on what we're sellin':  

Likely available: D Mike Green (32, UFA, $6M); G Petr Mrazek (26, RFA, $4M); Xavier Ouellet (24, 2019 UFA, $1.25M); LW/RW Tomas Tatar (27, 2021 UFA, $5.3M); LW/RW Gustav Nyquist (28, 2019 UFA, $4.75M, no-trade clause).

Would they actually deal... Andreas Athanasiou (23, RFA, $1,387,500)? The speedy winger is putting up the best per-game numbers in his career, and is coming off a bitter contract impasse with GM Ken Holland.

Deadline game plan: Trading Green. There's going to be a robust market for the veteran, puck-moving defenseman, with the Lightning and the Maple Leafs among the suitors -- two teams that could end up facing each other in Round 1 of the playoffs. If the Wings can't pull at least what the Blues got for Kevin Shattenkirk last season, it'll be a whiff.

Keep in mind that wherever Mrazek ends up for the rest of the season, that team can walk away from him in the summer during arbitration.

Tatar is, for my money, a better player than Nyquist, and has no trade protection. But he also has the higher average annual value on his contract and the longer commitment. Not for nothing, but Dallas GM Jim Nill and Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman were with Detroit when these two were drafted.

Best-case scenario: The Wings find there's a bidding war for Green, and get above-market value for him.

AT LEAST what St.Louis got...AT LEAST. They got a 1st and a prospect, after the bidding war, we'll have a 1st and a TOP prospect. 

I'm good with trading everyone listed there...and Ericsson's value is higher now than it has been, someone will inquire about him, guarantee. Could help solidify a contender!

What's funny is this guy lists just about everyone I listed and its legit, but mine is fantasy and I'll jump off the cliff... The only two missing from my list is E and Howard. Guess it sounds better coming from a sports writer rather than a fan...hmmmm....

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

One encouraging thing I heard from the broadcast last night is when Holland said he'll be looking for Draft Picks, Prospects and Cap Space at the deadline. 

Let's get it done! Green, Howard, Mrazek, Nyquist, Tatar, Ericsson, Helm, XO! Let's go!

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AT LEAST what St.Louis got...AT LEAST. They got a 1st and a prospect, after the bidding war, we'll have a 1st and a TOP prospect. 

I'm good with trading everyone listed there...and Ericsson's value is higher now than it has been, someone will inquire about him, guarantee. Could help solidify a contender!

What's funny is this guy lists just about everyone I listed and its legit, but mine is fantasy and I'll jump off the cliff... The only two missing from my list is E and Howard. Guess it sounds better coming from a sports writer rather than a fan...hmmmm....

False. This guy lists 5 players who might be moved, you list 8 who "must go". Quite the difference there. We're not shipping out 8 players at the deadline. That isn't realistic. We'll likely see two of them go, maybe three. So yes, yours is a fantasy. 

16 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

False. This guy lists 5 players who might be moved, you list 8 who "must go". Quite the difference there. We're not shipping out 8 players at the deadline. That isn't realistic. We'll likely see two of them go, maybe three. So yes, yours is a fantasy. 

Oh, I forgot Helm!  Sorry, but I don't see "must go" anywhere...it must be there, because you put it in fancy quotes. But I Hate to burst your eventual flaming of me,  but I didn't say they "must go."  Not unless you think that this site is actually named Must Go Wings...

:hysterical:

Edited by LeftWinger

"Let's get it done! Green, Howard, Mrazek, Nyquist, Tatar, Ericsson, Helm, XO! Let's go!"

That really seems to imply  strong desire to see all listed players moved. There is also no flaming here, I just call it like I see it. No need to be so defensive. 

5 hours ago, e_prime said:

Hell, we're more likely to make the goddamned playoffs than any of our wet dream fantasies about free agency and the draft happening.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

...only 6 points out. Careful what you wish for!

Try as you may, dear sir... but downplaying your twice annual aneurysm around trade-deadline and free agent frenzy and heart scare regarding the draft... is a disservice to you and your Wings fandom.

I'm not wishing for it.  It's just quickly becoming a reality. WTF dudes. 

What happened to #stealthtank

There's an article from the Athletic out there about Top Rentals at the deadline. It's behind a paywall, but I got the goods.

Here's the two Wings specific quotes. Green was number 3 on the list behind Rick Nash and Evander Kane, Mrazek number 11 and the only goalie to make the list.

1. Mike Green, D, Red Wings – Green might have his flaws defensively, but he’s the only defenseman on this list who has the ability to be a game-changer. He doesn’t have the huge shot he used to have in Washington, but he’s a skilled passer who can help the transition game. Ideally, he’s on your third pair, but he’s consistently played top four minutes for the Red Wings. “He’s still a skilled guy, who is offensively talented and can make a difference on anyone’s power play,” said an NHL scout. “He has to be put in the right role. For me, the question is, ‘Is he happy if he’s not playing top four minutes?’” The Lightning are a natural fit, but they might prefer to take a run at Ryan McDonagh first. One NHL source suggested that the Lightning might be interested in beefing up a potential deal with Detroit that would go beyond Green, with Tampa scouts (including the GM) regulars in Detroit for recent games.

and

1. Petr Mrazek, G, Red Wings (RFA) – Mrazek isn’t your traditional rental in that he’s an unrestricted free agent after this season. But the expectation here is that the Red Wings won’t make a qualifying offer to him (because of the $4 million price tag), so he will essentially be unrestricted after this year. The goalie market is a weird one. It’s soft until it isn’t. “I would say overall, it’s pretty quiet,” said one GM of the current goalie market. “It’s such a high-profile demanding position but there hasn’t been a ton of (trades).” Mrazek has been a little better this season compared to last, but teams will still be doing some projecting here. In six January games, he had a .940 save percentage. The rest of the season has hovered around .900.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:
  1. Mike Green, D, Red Wings – Green might have his flaws defensively, but he’s the only defenseman on this list who has the ability to be a game-changer. He doesn’t have the huge shot he used to have in Washington, but he’s a skilled passer who can help the transition game. Ideally, he’s on your third pair, but he’s consistently played top four minutes for the Red Wings. “He’s still a skilled guy, who is offensively talented and can make a difference on anyone’s power play,” said an NHL scout. “He has to be put in the right role. For me, the question is, ‘Is he happy if he’s not playing top four minutes?’” The Lightning are a natural fit, but they might prefer to take a run at Ryan McDonagh first. One NHL source suggested that the Lightning might be interested in beefing up a potential deal with Detroit that would go beyond Green, with Tampa scouts (including the GM) regulars in Detroit for recent games.

The question for Mike Green should not be "Will I be happy not playing top four minutes?"  but rather, "Do I want to have a Stanley Cup?"

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Shattenkirk's trade also provides a clue as to what Detroit may be expecting in return for Green. St. Louis received forward Zach Sanford, a first-round pick, plus two conditional picks for Shattenkirk.

That package isn't without precedent; it's almost exactly what the Toronto Maple Leafs obtained from the Boston Bruins for defenseman Tomas Kaberle at the 2011 NHL Trade Deadline.

I like it! Foote and a 1st or Volkov a 1st and 2 conditional picks! Going to be good!

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I like it! Foote and a 1st or Volkov a 1st and 2 conditional picks! Going to be good!

Green is not going to get us a top prospect AND a first round pick. It's likely going to be one or the other, and maybe an additional piece, like a third round pick or mid tier prospect.

Holland really has an opportunity here to redeem himself for some of the bad moves he's made over the past few years. Here's to hoping...

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Green is not going to get us a top prospect AND a first round pick. It's likely going to be one or the other, and maybe an additional piece, like a third round pick or mid tier prospect.

Holland really has an opportunity here to redeem himself for some of the bad moves he's made over the past few years. Here's to hoping...

Agreed. Shattenkirk had more value than Green. He got more back than Green will.

Seasons greetings everyone! Its that time of year again. Everyone's favorite holiday, Leftwinger's Annual Trade Deadline Meltdown Spectacular! That magical time of year where we get to witness the miracle of a grown man lose his mind when his favorite sports team fails to live up to his insane expectations! This year looks to be extra special because Lefty Claus fully believes that Holland will trade no less than 8 roster players. This feels like Christmas, New Years, 4th of July and my birthday all wrapped into one!

In order to get everyone in the holiday spirit this year, I thought it might be fun to get some wagers going. Below you'll see a list of the most probable reactions we'll see from Lefty, along with the odds of each outcome that ive scientifically calculated based on past behavior and current level of his delusion (unusually high this year). If you expect an outcome that you dont see listed, please post it below and i'll calculate the odds. Happy Holidays!

Epic rant demanding that Holland be fired - 2:1

Promise to quit following Red Wings forever - 3:1

Burn all of his jerseys in a dumpster - 4:1

State his desire for Holland's dead body to be found in a ditch - 6:1

Quit his job in order to stalk and harass Holland's cat full time - 7:1

Joins a suicide cult that believes the only way that the Red Wings will win the lottery and draft Dahlin is for the entire group to ritualistically shave each other's balls and then hang themselves while masturbating to photoshopped images of Tippett and Hague in Red Wings jerseys - 10:1

Quadruple murder-suicide of his wife and children, while chanting over and over, "Born and raised in South Detroit, Born and raised in South Detroit, Born and raised in South Detroit, Born and raised in South Detroit" - 15:1

Massive psychotic break resulting in a persistent catatonic state which requires around the clock psychiatric care, yet somehow he will be back on the forum before next season and will deny anything happened and will laugh it off whenever someone brings up his well documented history of public meltdowns - 25:1

Calmly acknowledges that his expectations were probably a little high and that while he is disappointed we couldn't move out more big contracts, he knows that Holland did the best he could and it's not the end of the world - 1,000,000,000,000:1

1 hour ago, TheManForLife said:

Seasons greetings everyone! Its that time of year again. Everyone's favorite holiday, Leftwinger's Annual Trade Deadline Meltdown Spectacular! That magical time of year where we get to witness the miracle of a grown man lose his mind when his favorite sports team fails to live up to his insane expectations! This year looks to be extra special because Lefty Claus fully believes that Holland will trade no less than 8 roster players. This feels like Christmas, New Years, 4th of July and my birthday all wrapped into one!

In order to get everyone in the holiday spirit this year, I thought it might be fun to get some wagers going. Below you'll see a list of the most probable reactions we'll see from Lefty, along with the odds of each outcome that ive scientifically calculated based on past behavior and current level of his delusion (unusually high this year). If you expect an outcome that you dont see listed, please post it below and i'll calculate the odds. Happy Holidays!

Joins a suicide cult that believes the only way that the Red Wings will win the lottery and draft Dahlin is for the entire group to ritualistically shave each other's balls and then hang themselves while masturbating to photoshopped images of Tippett and Hague in Red Wings jerseys - 10:1

Quadruple murder-suicide of his wife and children, while chanting over and over, "Born and raised in South Detroit, Born and raised in South Detroit, Born and raised in South Detroit, Born and raised in South Detroit" - 15:1

Massive psychotic break resulting in a persistent catatonic state which requires around the clock psychiatric care, yet somehow he will be back on the forum before next season and will deny anything happened and will laugh it off whenever someone brings up his well documented history of public meltdowns - 25:1

Calmly acknowledges that his expectations were probably a little high and that while he is disappointed we couldn't move out more big contracts, he knows that Holland did the best he could and it's not the end of the world - 1,000,000,000,000:1

I think I know who this is.

#4life

1 hour ago, TheManForLife said:

Dead.

This is hands down exceeded every forum post I’ve witnessed. 

Looks like someone got a hold of Aunt Peg's computer in her basement again.

Murder suicide? That's tasteful. You got serious problems. SMH.

Next time you should name yourself Dick4Life....you are far from The Man.

Gotta love little 10 year olds with their Aunties Tandy computer

Edited by LeftWinger

45 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Looks like someone got a hold of Aunt Peg's computer in her basement again.

Murder suicide? That's tasteful. You got serious problems. SMH.

Next time you should name yourself Dick4Life....you are far from The Man.

Suicide? I don’t want you to commit suicide. What would I do without you? Go back to making fun of newbs? No, no, you… you complete me.