• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

While we're at it, you do know that Abdelkader is Arabic, right? Justin's paternal grandfather Yusuf Abdul Qadir (Anglicised to Joseph Abdelkader) immigrated to Muskegon from Jordan. So we have a lot of diversity covered!

Oh that’s right we have two brown dudes. Abby is only 25% though. 

So like 1.25 between AA and Abby

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Sheesh! Jamaican! We really have a ton of bases covered!

Ask most Jamaican's, they will tell you they are not a black person. Same as Haitians and folks from the DR.

Point being, AA is not the only brown skinned player on this team.

So Trevor is half Caucasian half Jamaican....so not black in the traditional sense.

Nice. I like where this is going.

Im willing to bet AA has more Turkic/Arabic/North-African geneology than he does traditional hellenistic Greek, and more than Justin Abdul Quadir as well.

Greece was invaded by the muslim world repeatedly for centuries, producing the darker Greek complexion some exhibit today. And AA is exceptionly dark for a Greek.

Getting this thread back to topic, here is some interesting goalie news from McKenzie

Flyers options without Brian Elliott

The Flyers were hovering around the playoff bubble and have just lost their starting goaltender Brian Elliot to injury for about one and a half months.

Bob McKenzie:  "Well right now I think they want to see how Michal Neuvirth and Alex Lyon step up in the absence of Brian Elliott. They’ve got a little bit of time before the deadline to try and gauge that but they know what’s out there, I mean, Antti Niemi from Montreal is available, Petr Mrazek from the Detroit Red Wings is available, and keep an eye on the Buffalo Sabres goaltending situation; Chad Johnson is a pending UFA, he could be available, and right now Buffalo is not committed long term to Robin Lehner, Embedded Imagehe’s a restricted free agent at the end of the year but he’s one year away from unrestricted free agency. The Sabres could hold onto him and not qualify him and just let him walk to free agency and let Linus Ullmark take over as their number one, or they could conceivably sign him to a short term deal to compliment with Ullmark, their goaltender of the future in Buffalo, or they could just let him go themselves and let him go to free agency in the offseason. So keep an eye on the Buffalo goaltending situation the rest of the way."

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ask most Jamaican's, they will tell you they are not a black person. Same as Haitians and folks from the DR.

So Trevor is half Caucasian half Jamaican....so not black in the traditional sense.

He's not black cuz he plays a traditionally "white" sport. If he was President of the United States, he would be "black." But he could never be Prez cuz we wasn't born here...Oh, wait.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Im willing to bet AA has more Turkic/Arabic/North-African geneology than he does traditional hellenistic Greek, and more than Justin Abdul Quadir as well.

Greece was invaded by the muslim world repeatedly for centuries, producing the darker Greek complexion some exhibit today. And AA is exceptionly dark for a Greek.

Iberians too. I love this. Its like ancestry.com in here.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

6 hours ago, Buppy said:

<_<

I just don't understand sitting AA.  The kids electric out there and theres definitely a spot for him. Himself and Mantha had great chemistry going and Blash stopped playing them together and chemistry between players here hasn't been seen in a while.  Perhaps my anti Blashill has crossed into dark territory though :bye:

2 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I just don't understand sitting AA.  The kids electric out there and theres definitely a spot for him. Himself and Mantha had great chemistry going and Blash stopped playing them together and chemistry between players here hasn't been seen in a while.  Perhaps my anti Blashill has crossed into dark territory though :bye:

Its called coaching. "Doubles" was cheating defensively on his shifts. When ur a young player still learning the sport and you do that, you gonna sit. Good or bad, that's what coaches do.

8 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its called coaching. "Doubles" was cheating defensively on his shifts. When ur a young player still learning the sport and you do that, you gonna sit. Good or bad, that's what coaches do.

That makes sense, I don't get to see many of their games, I live through a game a week otherwise I see the highlights.  Any game I saw him in he was taking surprisingly well to playing center, had the speed and back checked well(ish) but again I see a handful of games at best. 

17 hours ago, marcaractac said:

This is the only thought required. It's Eklund.

The fact that he seems to expect Holland to trade Green AND AA for a goalie prospect kind of speaks for itself, don't you think?

14 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Green and AA for a 1st and Samsonov? I dunno, this Samsonov better be the second coming of Vladislav Tretiak in order to give up AA.

Boy AA must have really pissed in Holland's Oaties in order for him to be taking Blashill's side. Blash is a hunk of s*** and AA is the most dynamic player on this team... Stupid is what stupid does.

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Eklund is the epitome of "throw enough s*** at the wall and some is bound to stick". Zero credibility.

The last thing this organization needs is another boom or bust goalie prospect. I know you don't have much faith in Mrazek, but it's still possible that he could be here for another 6+ years. Of course, it's also possible he could be gone in the next week... Regardless, we have Keith Petruzzelli, Filip Larsson and Joren Van Pottelberghe that are all boom or bust goaltenders at the same age as Samsonov. While he looks like he could be the real deal, as we've seen with Mrazek, goaltending is such a crap shoot. I'd rather bank on one of the guys already in our organization panning out, rather than bringing in another goalie at a high price tag. If we're trading for prospects, it needs to be for defensemen, centers, and (right shooting) wingers. Not goalies...

Guys. I know Eklund's reputation. I stated as such in my post. What I found interesting is that IF there's any validity to the rumor (and that's a big IF), why would Holland be interested in a goalie prospect? If he was, that would mean at least one of Mrazek or Howard would be gone, who? And would that also mean that there are concerns about Larsson and Petruzelli?

And obviously Green and AA for Samsonov and a first is overpayment. I wouldn't suggest otherwise. The point of posting it wasn't the legitimacy of the messenger, but it brings up some interesting discussions IMO.

If we aren't allowed to posts outlandish rumors or scenarios, even for entertainment purposes, some of you would have nothing to post!

24 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

That makes sense, I don't get to see many of their games, I live through a game a week otherwise I see the highlights.  Any game I saw him in he was taking surprisingly well to playing center, had the speed and back checked well(ish) but again I see a handful of games at best. 

If it makes you feel any better, I don't know this from watching the games ( I don't get to watch as many as I would like living outside of the market). I read an article where Blashill was saying it.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Getting this thread back to topic, here is some interesting goalie news from McKenzie

Flyers options without Brian Elliott

The Flyers were hovering around the playoff bubble and have just lost their starting goaltender Brian Elliot to injury for about one and a half months.

Bob McKenzie:  "Well right now I think they want to see how Michal Neuvirth and Alex Lyon step up in the absence of Brian Elliott. They’ve got a little bit of time before the deadline to try and gauge that but they know what’s out there, I mean, Antti Niemi from Montreal is available, Petr Mrazek from the Detroit Red Wings is available, and keep an eye on the Buffalo Sabres goaltending situation; Chad Johnson is a pending UFA, he could be available, and right now Buffalo is not committed long term to Robin Lehner, Embedded Imagehe’s a restricted free agent at the end of the year but he’s one year away from unrestricted free agency. The Sabres could hold onto him and not qualify him and just let him walk to free agency and let Linus Ullmark take over as their number one, or they could conceivably sign him to a short term deal to compliment with Ullmark, their goaltender of the future in Buffalo, or they could just let him go themselves and let him go to free agency in the offseason. So keep an eye on the Buffalo goaltending situation the rest of the way."

The Flyers will stick with Neuvirth as their starter until Elliott returns. He’s perfectly capable of handling things. Good chance to give Lyon more starts too.  

Any goalie they pick up for short term help would have to be waived to make room for Elliot’s return. Don’t want to have to give up much just to turn around and do that. Niemi would fit that. He could be had for next to nothing and has a cheap cap hit. But I don’t see Philly being in the goalie market.

1 hour ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

A 1st and Samsonov for Green and AA? if the Caps throw in Zaitsev , then id take the deal. 

I'm assuming this is a joke? No deal, unless they throw in a s***ty defensive prospect that was drafted in the 7th round two years ago and putting up underwhelming numbers in the Dub... They'd probably want us to throw in Nastasiuk in order to get that kid...

5 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

A 1st and Samsonov for Green and AA? if the Caps throw in Zaitsev , then id take the deal. 

Sergei Samsonov?  Isn't he like 40 now?  

Zaitsev sounds like a sniper.  We need one of those.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

18 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

That’s cute, except Daley considers himself a black player. So my point still holds.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2016/04/10/On-The-Penguins-3/stories/201604100059

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That and Greeks f***ed a lot of Indians in the Hellenistic Kingdoms in 2nd century BCE, hence why a lot of Greeks have dark complexion in addition to the Turkish/Arabic/North African interaction. 

AA to me looks more Indian or Middle Eastern than he does Greek in the traditional sense. Dark complexion, thick eyebrows, bigger nose and smaller dark eyes.

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

It's called AA was out sick against TB. Not benched.

Where did I say it was against TB?   Fact: He was benched during the Ducks game for exactly the reason I said he was. I answered the question as it was asked. Nice to see you haven't lost your desire to prove that noone is as smart as you.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Where did I say it was against TB?   Fact: He was benched during the Ducks game for exactly the reason I said he was. I answered the question as it was asked. Nice to see you haven't lost your desire to prove that noone is as smart as you.

Buppy gets a hardon off one liners and trying to nitpick other peoples conversations he’s not involved or invited in, it fullfils his ego and nullifies his insecurities. Leave him be you hater. 

Edited by kickazz

12 hours ago, kickazz said:

That’s cute, except Daley considers himself a black player. So my point still holds.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2016/04/10/On-The-Penguins-3/stories/201604100059

That and Greeks f***ed a lot of Indians in the Hellenistic Kingdoms in 2nd century BCE, hence why a lot of Greeks have dark complexion in addition to the Turkish/Arabic/North African interaction. 

AA to me looks more Indian or Middle Eastern than he does Greek in the traditional sense. Dark complexion, thick eyebrows, bigger nose and smaller dark eyes.

I'd say he's darker than most middle easterners.I'd bet he's a bit African or Indian, probably more likely African based on the proximity of Greece.

I love when we start to flirt with problematic topics lol

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'd say he's darker than most middle easterners.I'd bet he's a bit African or Indian, probably more likely African based on the proximity of Greece.

I love when we start to flirt with problematic topics lol

That’s true, a lot of Arabs are lighter skin, specifically those of the Levant region like Syria, Lebonan, Jordan. His features do look more Indian/African. 

Back on topic...

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/17/detroit-red-wings-mailbag-trade-deadline/347973002/

There is also interest in goaltender Jimmy Howard. Petr Mrazek is not drawing interest – he was offered to Philadelphia after the Flyers lost Brian Elliott last week (he’s out five-to-six weeks) for an asking price of a third-round pick and the Flyers declined. The Wings are trying to move defenseman Xavier Ouellet, who doesn't fit into their plans any more. The Predators are interested in forward Gustav Nyquist is drawing interest, though he has a year left on his contract. Both Green and Nyquist would have to agree to be moved. Toronto is interested in forward Luke Glendening (who was a favorite of former Wings coach Mike Babcock, now coach of the Maple Leafs).

I've heard Glendening to Toronto for Kasperi Kapanen. I'd do that in heartbeat. Clears cap, brings in a good 21-year-old right-handed winger.

Yeah I just read that Mrazek was offered to Philly for a third after Elliott went down.

Really? 

IF there was an offer, I’m not surprised they turned it down. Especially if salary retention is off the table. As I said above, Philly isn’t desperate to pick up a goalie that they’ll need to turn around and waive in a month, or even really in need of doing so. Waste of assets. If Elliott was out for the season, maybe. They will stick with Neuvirth for now. 

The goalie market is dead.