• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Where did I say it was against TB?   Fact: He was benched during the Ducks game for exactly the reason I said he was. I answered the question as it was asked. Nice to see you haven't lost your desire to prove that noone is as smart as you.

Had you bothered to pay attention, you would have known he was talking about the TB game. But you're right, I made an assumption and I apologize. In the future I will always assume you don't understand the topic.

17 hours ago, kickazz said:

Buppy gets a hardon off one liners and trying to nitpick other peoples conversations he’s not involved or invited in, it fullfils his ego and nullifies his insecurities. Leave him be you hater. 

You know nothing. Takes at least 4 paragraphs before I even start to chub up. 

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yeah I just read that Mrazek was offered to Philly for a third after Elliott went down.

Really? 

IF there was an offer, I’m not surprised they turned it down. Especially if salary retention is off the table. As I said above, Philly isn’t desperate to pick up a goalie that they’ll need to turn around and waive in a month, or even really in need of doing so. Waste of assets. If Elliott was out for the season, maybe. They will stick with Neuvirth for now. 

The goalie market is dead.

Well, it sounds like there is more interest in Howard than Mrazek. I'm fine with that. Malik has said that they'll move the guy who can be moved and keep the other. I'm fine if that ends up being Mrazek so long as they can get a capable backup/time-split guy. Someone like Bernier around 2sh million per.

18 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Back on topic...

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/17/detroit-red-wings-mailbag-trade-deadline/347973002/

I've heard Glendening to Toronto for Kasperi Kapanen. I'd do that in heartbeat. Clears cap, brings in a good 21-year-old right-handed winger.

Where did you hear this? Link? Yeah, we'd obviously do it in a heartbeat, which is why I doubt there's any truth to it. No way the Leafs would give up Kapanen for Glendening...

I doubt anyone trades much of anything for Ouellet. Maybe a late round pick, similar to the Kindl trade a couple years ago.

I'd prefer to move Tatar, but Nyquist and Green should both be moved for good returns (high picks / high end prospects).

The fact that we offered Mrazek for a f***ing 3rd round pick kind of pisses me off, but I'm glad the Flyers turned it down...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Where did you hear this? Link? Yeah, we'd obviously do it in a heartbeat, which is why I doubt there's any truth to it. No way the Leafs would give up Kapanen for Glendening...

Khan's the only one I've seen mention Kapanen-for-Glendening as a possibility, or a possible possibility:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/tampa_bay_best_fit_for_red_win.html#incart_river_index

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Khan's the only one I've seen mention Kapanen-for-Glendening as a possibility, or a possible possibility:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/tampa_bay_best_fit_for_red_win.html#incart_river_index

Thanks! I still say zero chance Glendening gets us Kapanen though. Leivo maybe, but not Kapanen. 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Thanks! I still say zero chance Glendening gets us Kapanen though. Leivo maybe, but not Kapanen. 

If Holland somehow manages to get Kapanen for Glendening, he can stay on as GM for another three years. I would lol maniacally.

Does this mean were getting that 3rd from Philly?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Wzbi-trXBtXQSEskKhY

> Be Ken Holland
> Draft rando goalie in the 5th round
> Hype goalie super hard cause why the heck not?
> MFW goalie actually does ok, people believe my clever ruse
> Turn around and sell goalie for a 3rd rounder to Philly, the slow kid down the street
> Profit

4 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Well, it sounds like there is more interest in Howard than Mrazek. I'm fine with that. Malik has said that they'll move the guy who can be moved and keep the other. I'm fine if that ends up being Mrazek so long as they can get a capable backup/time-split guy. Someone like Bernier around 2sh million per.

Yeah Holland has had calls about Howard. Probably asking too much.

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

It sucks because Holland is basically gonna give Mrazek away and give himself a nice pat on the back for it. 

Yeah. The guy is playing great right now, so it would suck. Who knows the extent of Neuvirth’s injury though. If this is just a precaution or short term thing, they 99.9% won’t make a move. 

If it is longer term, then Mrazek going there could be a possibility, but he doesn’t make sense as a stop gap measure and would create quite the logjam when all goalies are healthy. They have much cheaper stop gap options in Johnson and Niemi that they wouldn’t need to give up much at all for and can simply waive when Neuvirth and Elliott are back. 

Anyways, it’s idiotic that Holland is offering Mrazek to Philly for a third after his turnaround. He’s playing great right now. But he wouldn’t take a fourth from Edmonton earlier in the season when he was riding the pine for a month? FFS. Teams are apparently calling about Howard, but he’ll ignore that and offer up Mrazek to any team that loses a goalie. Howard must have some real dirt on Holland. 

Wouldnt mind seeing Mrazek go to Philly if he were to go anywhere though. They’ve always been my number two team. Same as I wouldn’t mind seeing this blow up in Hollands face. It would look like a disaster of a deal around the league if Mrazek ends up being the long term starter Philly has needed for a long time and all it cost them was a third. 

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well with the latest goalie injury in Philly, looks like the price just went up to acquire one of ours!

Doubtful. Philly didn’t even ask about Mrazek. Holland offered him for a third and they said no. If they do bite now that Neuvirth is injured, will probably be the same dumbass terms. 

Well then Holland doesn't know how to negotiate.

Philly: hey Kenny, is Mrazek still available?

Kenny: Ya!

Philly: alright cool, we'll send that 3rd over to Ya!

Kenny: ya, the 3rd is now a 2nd.

Philly: no ******* way!

Kenny: ok, we'll keep him.

Simple. We don't HAVE to get rid of anyone. Holland has the upper hand with all the players teams want. We have what they need, for the 1st time in s long time. Now's not the time to accept low offers. We don't have to.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Simple. We don't HAVE to get rid of anyone. Holland has the upper hand with all the players teams want. We have what they need, for the 1st time in s long time. Now's not the time to accept low offers. We don't have to.

I agree. We do not need to get rid of either of our goaltenders right now. There is no rush. In my opinion a 2nd is also somewhat of a low offer though. I don't trade Mrazek right now unless a team like Philadelphia gets desperate and drastically overpays, which isn't going to happen. If they call looking for a goalie, I'll trade Howard for a 2nd or 3rd, even retain a bit of salary if need be, but I'm holding onto Mrazek at least until the end of this season.

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

No he doesn’t have to accept that third for him, but he seemed pretty trigger happy. Calling them and offering him for a pick right after their starter was injured. 

Them turning it down May have nothing to do with the pick in exchange. Could just be Mrazek doesn’t fit with what they may need right now. Short term reasonably priced help they can just send to the minors once they no longer need it. Both their goalies are going to be back before playoffs. One Probly much sooner than that. 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree. We do not need to get rid of either of our goaltenders right now. There is no rush. In my opinion a 2nd is also somewhat of a low offer though. I don't trade Mrazek right now unless a team like Philadelphia gets desperate and drastically overpays, which isn't going to happen. If they call looking for a goalie, I'll trade Howard for a 2nd or 3rd, even retain a bit of salary if need be, but I'm holding onto Mrazek at least until the end of this season.

Yeah. I’m thinking that Philly trade MAY be nothing but rumour. But it’s still a piss off. A third?? One round up from the fourth they had on the table from Edmonton in November. That’s a s***ty return.

4 minutes ago, kliq said:

I saw we offer Howard for Elliot and a 2nd round pick.

That’s an idea. 2nd might be too pricey for Philly though. They are very similar goalies. But they also get a replacement for him right away instead of 5-6 weeks. Surely get a decent pick due to that factor.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

That’s an idea. 2nd might be too pricey for Philly though. They are very similar goalies. But they also get a replacement for him right away instead of 5-6 weeks. Surely get a decent pick due to that factor.

I'd accept lower, but a second is what I would hope for.

Unless someone has a goalie out for the year, the market for goalies at the deadline just isn't that strong. Even in the offseason a 3rd would be a decent return for most goalies, and we can't wait until then with Mrazek. We either decide we're going to qualify him, put off the long-term decision until next year, or we trade him for what we can get. Right now, a 3rd would be good. 2nd would be awesome. 4th even would be better than letting him go for nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Unless someone has a goalie out for the year, the market for goalies at the deadline just isn't that strong. Even in the offseason a 3rd would be a decent return for most goalies, and we can't wait until then with Mrazek. We either decide we're going to qualify him, put off the long-term decision until next year, or we trade him for what we can get. Right now, a 3rd would be good. 2nd would be awesome. 4th even would be better than letting him go for nothing. 

Trades can still be made after the deadline. But it would be non playoff teams participating, as a playoff team giving up assets to get a player they can’t use in the playoffs doesn’t make any sense. Once playoffs begin and as teams drop out they can also get involved in trades. If Holland decides after the regular season that he isn’t qualifying him, he can still get something for him, but the amount of teams that will take him on is decreased.  

Unless trades can be done with all 31 teams in the short time between the end of the Finals and free agency? Not sure of that one.

8 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Back on topic...

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/17/detroit-red-wings-mailbag-trade-deadline/347973002/

I've heard Glendening to Toronto for Kasperi Kapanen. I'd do that in heartbeat. Clears cap, brings in a good 21-year-old right-handed winger.

I would do just about anyone for LG. LOL

7 hours ago, Buppy said:

Had you bothered to pay attention, you would have known he was talking about the TB game. But you're right, I made an assumption and I apologize. In the future I will always assume you don't understand the topic.

You know nothing. Takes at least 4 paragraphs before I even start to chub up. 

Maybe dangles was. I wasn't. You lumped together both posts under an assumption. He asked why AA was being benched, I answered it. Doesn't really matter to me which game specifically. He was benched.

Maybe he was getting his games confused when he asked the question? How do I know?  Doesn't mean that I can't respond in a constructive way without being condescending. I was more interested in addressing the concern as opposed to looking for an opportunity to convince everyone how smart I am by insulting someone else. My mistake.