• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Looks like the Philly rumour is gaining traction. Several sites reporting ongoing trade talks today.

Holland will do what he wants to do. I think it’s idiotic to move him considering how he’s been playing lately though. By keeping him for the rest of the season, they can see where they stand in goal come summer. If Mrazek is great the rest of the way, awesome. If not, they missed out on a third rounder. Big deal. 

The risk outweighs the crappy reward in this case. If he ends up being big for Philly and their future, it’s just another strike against Holland. One that hopefully is the last, and kills any chance of him staying on. 

I still don’t get Philly though. What are they going to do when Elliott returns? Neuvirth’s injury has to be fairly serious if they’re looking to add a goalie after Hextall said they’d ride out Elliott’s injury with him. Nothing out there yet on that though. If both are due back this season, that’s a nice logjam with Mrazek. They’ll be losing one of the three  if they’re forced to waive someone, unless a goalie comes back in the deal. Which I imagine would be Neuvirth, if anyone.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

Looks like the Philly rumour is gaining traction. Several sites reporting ongoing trade talks today.

Holland will do what he wants to do. I think it’s idiotic to move him considering how he’s been playing lately though. By keeping him for the rest of the season, they can see where they stand in goal come summer. If Mrazek is great the rest of the way, awesome. If not, they missed out on a third rounder. Big deal. 

The risk outweighs the crappy reward in this case. If he ends up being big for Philly and their future, it’s just another strike against Holland. One that hopefully is the last, and kills any chance of him staying on. 

I still don’t get Philly though. What are they going to do when Elliott returns? Neuvirth’s injury has to be fairly serious if they’re looking to add a goalie after Hextall said they’d ride out Elliott’s injury with him. Nothing out there yet on that though. If both are due back this season, that’s a nice logjam with Mrazek. They’ll be losing one of the three  if they’re forced to waive someone, unless a goalie comes back in the deal. Which I imagine would be Neuvirth, if anyone.

I'm gonna lose it...

I don't know how much you guys venture out of LGW and talk to other fans, this place can become somewhat of an echo chamber, but around the rest of the league Mrazek is considered a PURE rental because of the $4 million dollar qualifier.

This is the one player on the market that all 30 other teams know will enter the UFA market no matter what. Cause he's not getting that $4 mill out of anyone.

Sure he could play well for Philly and they could seek to bring him back on the open market. But they will have to negotiate against Buffalo, and Carolina, and Calgary, and etc etc. He's a rental.

Philly wants the rental to resolve their injury problem.

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

We do need the cap space if we’re going after Tavares. Which we should be. 

Everyone complains all season "ThIS tEAm SuCks THis bAd AnD hAS ThE hIGHeST PaYROll LoL?" Then are content to piss away $4 million on a low-end backup goalie who no other team wants to take a flyer on.

It's f***ed up

Holland will be active in the market this summer, whether it's for Tavares or someone else, so you can bet he wants to stack cap space right now.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm gonna lose it...

I don't know how much you guys venture out of LGW and talk to other fans, this place can become somewhat of an echo chamber, but around the rest of the league Mrazek is considered a PURE rental because of the $4 million dollar qualifier.

This is the one player on the market that all 30 other teams know will enter the UFA market no matter what. Cause he's not getting that $4 mill out of anyone.

Sure he could play well for Philly and they could seek to bring him back on the open market. But they will have to negotiate against Buffalo, and Carolina, and Calgary, and etc etc. He's a rental.

Philly wants the rental to resolve their injury problem.

They may be looking for a rental now, but if he plays like he’s been playing the rest of the way, and even into the playoffs, he becomes a valuable asset. If you don’t think they’d pick up the qualifier in that case to retain rights to keep or  maybe trade him, that’s your opinion. But Philly honestly hasn’t had a true difference making goalie long term since Hextall tended the nets himself. It’s a revolving door in goal there. If they think he can solve their problems for a few years, you bet theyre taking advantage of it.

They probably learned from the Bobrovsky trade how an undervalued asset with potential can be useful to another team..

13 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Tavares isn’t coming to Detroit. Lol

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Yup, we absolutely should go after Tavares. And if the off chance that he actually wants to come here, we sign him and worry about the cap after, like we do every offseason. We could easily offload a couple contracts to make it work under the cap.

The trade deadline is not the time to be freeing up cap space for the slim chance you may be able to lure a big name UFA the following summer. We should be making smart, calculated decisions, to make this team better 2-3 years from now. In my opinion, that isn't trading your young goalie that still has potential to be very good for a s***ty draft pick.

I'm not saying we should qualify Mrazek, but I am saying that IF he keeps up his current level of play (which I believe he can), then we should. The mid round draft pick just isn't enough for me to give up on Mrazek at this point.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Everyone complains all season "ThIS tEAm SuCks THis bAd AnD hAS ThE hIGHeST PaYROll LoL?" Then are content to piss away $4 million on a low-end backup goalie who no other team wants to take a flyer on.

It's f***ed up

Holland will be active in the market this summer, whether it's for Tavares or someone else, so you can bet he wants to stack cap space right now.

Dude, I know you dislike Mrazek. But trading him isn’t THAT simple anymore to some fans after his recent play. It throws up a lot of questions that can’t be answered before the deadline, and this team is going nowhere. They have the time to give this situation a better look, and they should be. 

Hasty trades can bite you in the ass. They lose a half ass draft pick if it doesn’t work out. Wow, better offer him up to any team with an injury right away. He’s been the better goalie for a over a month, at a time when it SHOULD count for playoff happy Holland. Guess he doesn’t care about playoffs anymore. At least that’s a positive I can take from this trade if it happens. Bring up big sieve Jared and we’re set for tank.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Dude, I know you dislike Mrazek. But trading him isn’t THAT simple anymore to some fans after his recent play. It throws up a lot of questions that can’t be answered before the deadline, and this team is going nowhere. They have the time to give this situation a better look, and they should be. 

Hasty trades can bite you in the ass. They lose a half ass draft pick if it doesn’t work out. Wow, better offer him up to any team with an injury right away. He’s been the better goalie for a over a month, at a time when it SHOULD count for playoff happy Holland. Guess he doesn’t care about playoffs anymore. At least that’s a positive I can take from this trade if it happens. Bring up big sieve Jared and we’re set for tank.

Coreau was just named AHL's player of the week with back to back shutouts against the leagues top offensive team, Manitoba.

22 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

They may be looking for a rental now, but if he plays like he’s been playing the rest of the way, and even into the playoffs, he becomes a valuable asset. If you don’t think they’d pick up the qualifier in that case to retain rights to keep or  maybe trade him, that’s your opinion. But Philly honestly hasn’t had a true difference making goalie long term since Hextall tended the nets himself. It’s a revolving door in goal there. If they think he can solve their problems for a few years, you bet theyre taking advantage of it.

They probably learned from the Bobrovsky trade how an undervalued asset with potential can be useful to another team..

Tavares isn’t coming to Detroit. Lol

This is precisely the reason Philly won't take a $4 million dollar flyer on the kid, and no other team will either. Petr Mrazek will be a UFA this July. Sorry, but that's pretty common knowledge around the league at this point.

On Tavares, you don't want Holland to try??

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup, we absolutely should go after Tavares. And if the off chance that he actually wants to come here, we sign him and worry about the cap after, like we do every offseason. We could easily offload a couple contracts to make it work under the cap.

The trade deadline is not the time to be freeing up cap space for the slim chance you may be able to lure a big name UFA the following summer. We should be making smart, calculated decisions, to make this team better 2-3 years from now. In my opinion, that isn't trading your young goalie that still has potential to be very good for a s***ty draft pick.

I'm not saying we should qualify Mrazek, but I am saying that IF he keeps up his current level of play (which I believe he can), then we should. The mid round draft pick just isn't enough for me to give up on Mrazek at this point.

Smart, calculated

8 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Holland has already decided he's not qualifying him. That's why were witnessing him trying everything to offload him right now. At this point he's just trying to get something for him.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Thank god you’re not a GM. With that line of thinking you’d be a terrible one.

What would attract him to sign with a team that needs to bottom out to start a rebuild that will take years? His buddy Frans? There’s nothing here for an elite player that wants to win a Cup before he’s out of his prime. Just like Stamkos when he didn’t give Kenny a meeting. Not even a meeting. This team is not attractive to elite UFAs.

15 hours ago, Buppy said:

Yes, but the market is even smaller and the return likely to be even less, if we could get anything at all even. If we're looking to trade him after the deadline, it would most likely be because we don't plan on qualifying him, which would mean that if a team was interested they could just wait for him to become UFA. Probably not going to be much in the way of competition for him. More like trading UFA rights than a RFA.

Again I say we need to commit to qualifying him if we're going to pass on any reasonable offer. 

Yeah, you didn't understand the question so you answered it incorrectly. I gave the correct answer. I used the same phrasing you did, Mr. Pot, so if mine was insulting so was yours. 

Seriously though, don't be so sensitive. I get that you don't like me, and that's fine. I don't like anyone here. No big deal. I wasn't trying to be insulting until you got all offended by me simply answering a question. Maybe you believe correct answers and accurate information don't matter; I think it does. But I don't care if providing them means some precious flower's petals get bruised.

So suck it up, kiddo. Not planning to stop. I hope insulting me and attacking my motivations (rather than actually debating what I say) makes you and the rest of the gang feel better. Hope you don't feel like hypocrites or anything.

I'm Buppy, I hate everyone, I'm so edgy and above this place, I've only come here everyday for the last 10 years to spit on everyone.

Yeah, ok.

If our goalies really aren't worth that much, then screw it, trade both, get what you can. The next two drafts are supposed to be deep? Then get all the picks you can! 

How about Mrazek for a 2019 2nd?

Whatever happens we cannot qualify him. He'll sign that deal in an instant. WE NEED THE CAP SPACE. JT may not come here, but just like with Stampkos and Suter we have to have the cap to make an offer, we'd be stupid not to.

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

What would attract him to sign with a team that needs to bottom out to start a rebuild that will take years? His buddy Frans? There’s nothing here for an elite player that wants to win a Cup before he’s out of his prime. Just like Stamkos when he didn’t give Kenny a meeting. Not even a meeting. This team is not attractive to elite UFAs.

You have a pretty bad defeatist attitude. Please never become a GM of anything.

Regardless of what it is, you ALWAYS go after a high end UFA. End of story. For that you need cap space. 

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

If our goalies really aren't worth that much, then screw it, trade both, get what you can. The next two drafts are supposed to be deep? Then get all the picks you can! 

How about Mrazek for a 2019 2nd?

Whatever happens we cannot qualify him. He'll sign that deal in an instant. WE NEED THE CAP SPACE. JT may not come here, but just like with Stampkos and Suter we have to have the cap to make an offer, we'd be stupid not to.

I usually don't agree with you this time of year. Weird.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Smart, calculated

I never said signing first, worrying about the cap after was smart and calculated. It's the opposite. But that's what Holland does. He did it this past summer and I'm sure he'd have no problem doing it this summer.

You think getting something, anything for Mrazek is smart. I disagree.

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I like you

13 hours ago, Buppy said:

As if I needed another reason to dislike you.

Are internet restraining orders a thing? 

What? This guy's a homophobe in addition to being a hater now too? Some people have come a long way since being on this website. 

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Coreau was just named AHL's player of the week with back to back shutouts against the leagues top offensive team, Manitoba.

He has his moments. But he’s an AHL goalie, doubt he’ll be anything more. Unless he’s learned to stand up and use his size to his advantage a lot more. I recall him laying on the ice more than anything last season.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

I never said signing first, worrying about the cap after was smart and calculated. It's the opposite. But that's what Holland does. He did it this past summer and I'm sure he'd have no problem doing it this summer.

You think getting something, anything for Mrazek is smart. I disagree.

He's not worth the $4 million dollar qualifier. Holland knows this. 30 other teams know this.

Which means he will be UFA in July

Aren't you supposed to trade players you know will become UFAs when you're not playoff bound?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's not worth the $4 million dollar qualifier. Holland knows this. 30 other teams know this.

Which means he will be UFA in July

Aren't you supposed to trade players you know will become UFAs when you're not playoff bound?

Absolutely. But like I said, I'd rather keep him for the remainder of this season, if he keeps up his current level of play, then I would qualify him at $4M short term.

I don't think you want him on this team regardless how he's plays now though... He could play another 20 games this season, have a 0.950 save percentage and 1.5 goals against average and you'd still want him gone... I want him given one last shot. If he plays well, keep him, if not, let him walk this summer. We're out a mid round pick. Oh well...

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Absolutely. But like I said, I'd rather keep him for the remainder of this season, if he keeps up his current level of play, then I would qualify him at $4M short term.

I don't think you want him on this team regardless how he's plays now though... He could play another 20 games this season, have a 0.950 save percentage and 1.5 goals against average and you'd still want him gone... I want him given one last shot. If he plays well, keep him, if not, let him walk this summer. We're out a mid round pick. Oh well...

The truth of the matter is the kid f***ed my mom and I've never quite gotten over it

But we all know he won't finish the season that way. He'll have some really good games, and he'll have some really bad games. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, Mrazek is most likely going to be moved in the next 7 days. That much is clear. I'm just trying to explain to you all why that is the case. You're ok with just giving away 3rd round picks, I'm not.

17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The truth of the matter is the kid f***ed my mom and I've never quite gotten over it

But we all know he won't finish the season that way. He'll have some really good games, and he'll have some really bad games. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, Mrazek is most likely going to be moved in the next 7 days. That much is clear. I'm just trying to explain to you all why that is the case. You're ok with just giving away 3rd round picks, I'm not.

No. No we don't know that. You think that. I think the opposite. Every goalie is going to have an off night. I think Mrazek's would be fewer and further between the more experience he gets. He has grown up quite a bit over the past year. He's maturing off the ice, and it's starting to show on the ice. 

I agree that he'll likely be moved. I think that's the wrong decision, but whatever...

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No. No we don't know that. You think that. I think the opposite. Every goalie is going to have an off night. I think Mrazek's would be fewer and further between the more experience he gets. He has grown up quite a bit over the past year. He's maturing off the ice, and it's starting to show on the ice. 

I agree that he'll likely be moved. I think that's the wrong decision, but whatever...

It's like Brendan Smith all over again.

I have said before we don't NEED to trade either of them, but the more I think about it, I am fine with trading BOTH of them.

If there is any water in the Iles rumor, then make the Howard deal and get an average Goalie back to finish up the year.

Trade Mrazek for the best return he can bring, I guess if a 3rd is the best, then so be it.

We'd have Halak and Coreau, but maybe something will present itself come summer. I am just so tired of the inconsistency of both of the Goalies ad don't really want to move past this season with either of them. Howard I have been done with for years, even though Petr is doing better recently, I am fine with trading him (or not qualifying him July) as well.

We'll find a goalie.  IF we are able to draft a couple good players that have great potential (Dahlin would help) and attract maybe JT and/or Karlsson, we will find a goalie. Once the team shows that it is back in the winning column more than not, plus looking like a bright future, UFA's will once again look our way, and we will be on that "Accept a trade to" list for the NTC's players once again.

Right now we have over $12M in Cap for next year (rumor has it Cap will go up as well) we have 5 RFA's that we need to re-sign. AA, Larkin and Mantha will probably suck up $9M-$10M of that $12M.  I don't expect Bert or Frk to get too much of a raise.  If we can trade XO, Jimmy, Gus, (rumored) Glenny and maybe Tatar as well as one of Helm/Abby(not all at deadline, but maybe before July 1) we'd open up a ton of Cap space to try to lure JT and possibly Karlsson here.  I know we would still need a goalie, but honestly, with an improved team and D (especially if we were able to draft one of the top 3 D in the draft) if wouldn't be so bad as it sounds by trading all those players.  Besides, I'd still LOVE to try and get a lottery position for 2019 and try to land Jack Hughes for our #1 Center spot.  Bobby Mac says that if he were eligible for the draft this season, he would be the one player to knock Dahlin off the #1 spot.

I realize this is a lot to happen, and it probably won't.  But at least there have been rumors out there that we are shopping a Goalie, XO, and there has been interest in Nyquist and Tatar.  So honestly if Holland has a true fire sale, trading those guys along with Green at the deadline is really NOT out of the realm of possibility...

Even if we just go with the names that have been attached to teams: Green to TPA, XO to MTL, Nyquist to NSH, Howard to NYI, Glenny to TOR, that alone is a huge firesale.  Then I would still hope that Holland is active at the draft and shopping around Tatar and Helm.  I think either way, even if Howard is the one traded, Mrazek will not be here net season either. So we stand to clear a TON of cap space and at the very least can EASILSY re-sign our RFA's and put a serious offer in on JT if he wants to listen, either that or a huge offer on Karlsson, and you know with the Swedish connection, he will at least listen. ESPECIALLY if we are able to get this Dahlin kid! 

This is going to be THE TDL and off-season that puts the bookend on Holland's tenure as GM. Yes, get what we can for players, but most importantly, get MANY, MANY draft picks, clear cap, get a high lottery pick and make a HUGE signing or two on July 1.