• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It's fairly close to his home in Mississauga. Little over an hour on airplane. 3.5 hours driving.

Maybe. But a guy who makes millions of dollars a year can easily afford to hop on a plane from NY if he wants to go see family in Southern Ontario. Not a huge distance.

I think it would have to be more than that.

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Maybe. But a guy who makes millions of dollars a year can easily afford to hop on a plane from NY if he wants to go see family in Southern Ontario. Not a huge distance.

I think it would have to be more than that.

I think it's the closest place to home besides the Maple Leafs. The Leafs can't afford him (they have no cap space). 

You're underestimating how many teams can actually afford Tavares. There's not that many. It will mostly likely be that he either  stays with the Islanders or signs with a non-contender. 

Welcome to the cap world. 

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

God I hope we trade a goalie to the Flyers. This is the perfect opportunity to clear cap space. 

It’s too bad Holland can’t think of another way to clear more cap. Why isn’t he offering up more players for half ass returns? Nielson for a third anyone? Helm for a fourth? Abby for a fifth and salary retention? 

Come on Kenny, work those phones!!

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It’s too bad Holland can’t think of another way to clear more cap. Why isn’t he offering up more players for half ass returns? Nielson for a third anyone? Helm for a fourth? Abby for a fifth and salary retention? 

Come on Kenny, work those phones!!

i dont think anyone in the league wants neilsens or abby contract no matter the trade unless were taking a salary dump in return or adding picks

28 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Suter agreed to come here when the Wings were still a good playoff bound team. Would he do it now?

Stamkos was rumoured to possibly sign with Detroit? Then why didn’t Kenny even get a courtesy meeting? Didn’t seem like he was thinking of Detroit as an option. Gotta take all insider reports with some scepticism, even if it is McKenzie. 

I still fail to see exactly what would attract Tavares to Detroit. I can’t think of anything besides Kenny HEAVILY overpaying.

Karlsson signing here would !

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I think it's the closest place to home besides the Maple Leafs. The Leafs can't afford him (they have no cap space). 

You're underestimating how many teams can actually afford Tavares. There's not that many. It will mostly likely be that he either  stays with the Islanders or signs with a non-contender. 

Welcome to the cap world. 

Vegas can afford him. New team leading the West in their first season. Lots of excitement there over it. With the team they already have there, i’d think it would be an attractive spot for him. He would make them pretty deadly.

They have 5 players on expiring contracts. Neal and Perron will probably be re-signed. Grabovski, Stoner, and Sbisa are all going to be gone. They have to re-sign a few key RFAs like Karlsson, Theodore, and Miller who will be getting raises. Few other RFAs who won’t get raises. Currently almost $8 million in cap space.

Definitely fit Tavares in.

7 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Vegas can afford him. New team leading the West in their first season. Lots of excitement there over it. With the team they already have there, i’d think it would be an attractive spot for him. He would make them pretty deadly.

They have 5 players on expiring contracts. Neal and Perron will probably be re-signed. Grabovski, Stoner, and Sbisa are all going to be gone. They have to re-sign a few key RFAs like Karlsson, Theodore, and Miller who will be getting raises. Few other RFAs who won’t get raises. Currently almost $8 million in cap space.

Definitely fit Tavares in.

That's one team. Still doesn't change the fact that Detroit would be top 5 eligible to make an offer and afford him. You were confident that he wouldn't come here, I gave you reasons why there's a chance. 

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Can the Wings afford both?

If they don't resign Mrazek, trade Green and Nyquist and Tatar then yeah. 

33 minutes ago, brett said:

i dont think anyone in the league wants neilsens or abby contract no matter the trade unless were taking a salary dump in return or adding picks

Sad but true. Holland is stuck with those for good. 

Nielson’s deal is a perfect example of Holland simply throwing money at a player who isn’t worth it just to try to fill a perceived “need”. Nielson is a playmaker. There was too many of those already. But he is good in the shootout.

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

That's one team. Still doesn't change the fact that Detroit would be top 5 eligible to make an offer and afford him. You were confident that he wouldn't come here, I gave you reasons why there's a chance. 

If they don't resign Mrazek, trade Green and Nyquist and Tatar then yeah. 

Fair enough.

Green is gone. Or I sure hope he is. Mrazek is a maybe. I could see one of Gus and Tatar traded, but not both. But I don’t think either will be. 

It sucks that Holland is forced to consider guys like Tatar expendable when they shouldn’t be because of all the dead weight contracts he’s handed out that can’t be moved. I just gotta shake my head and hope this is his goodbye season and whoever takes over can figure out his mess.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Suter agreed to come here when the Wings were still a good playoff bound team. Would he do it now?

Stamkos was rumoured to possibly sign with Detroit? Then why didn’t Kenny even get a courtesy meeting? Didn’t seem like he was thinking of Detroit as an option. Gotta take all insider reports with some scepticism, even if it is McKenzie. 

I still fail to see exactly what would attract Tavares to Detroit. I can’t think of anything besides Kenny HEAVILY overpaying.

He never actually hit free agency. He met with Yzerman and agreed to stay in TB. Why would he take a "courtesy meeting" with Detroit once Yzerman obviously told him what he wanted to hear. The point Lefty was making which I agree with, is had Stamkos left TB, we were a team in the running.

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

He never actually hit free agency. He met with Yzerman and agreed to stay in TB. Why would he take a "courtesy meeting" with Detroit once Yzerman obviously told him what he wanted to hear. The point Lefty was making which I agree with, is had Stamkos left TB, we were a team in the running.

He basically freaked out about it after talking with Toronto and decided not to hit free agency and stayed with Tampa.

All it takes is one team to freak you the hell out and make you feel like you're responsible to bring a dead franchise back to life. Screw that, if I was him, I'd stay in Tampa where I know they already have a good team and there's less pressure. Plus all the beaches. 

Edited by kickazz

16 minutes ago, kliq said:

Well where did that big rumour that he denied Holland a meeting, basically saying I’m not interested, come from? Was it before he met with Yzerman? He did meet with Lou in Toronto, no?

20 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, that makes us all feel real good about our idiot gm.

Fraud GM. 

When the money dried up, so did his ability to manage the team. Coasted for awhile on what he had left from the free spending days. Now he’s screwed.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Well where did that big rumour that he denied Holland a meeting, basically saying I’m not interested, come from? Was it before he met with Yzerman? He did meet with Lou in Toronto, no?

There is no such rumor. He met with Toronto and Sabres and declined any further meetings and immediately signed with Tampa. He got cold feet basically and realized the grass is not greener. 

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

There is no such rumor. He met with Toronto and Sabres and declined any further meetings and immediately signed with Tampa. He got cold feet basically and realized the grass is not greener. 

Hmm. Pretty sure that rumour was going around. Maybe there wasn’t truth to it. 

Dont blame him for re-upping with Tampa. 

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

He basically freaked out about it after talking with Toronto and decided not to hit free agency and stayed with Tampa.

All it takes is one team to freak you the hell out and make you feel like you're responsible to bring a dead franchise back to life. Screw that, if I was him, I'd stay in Tampa where I know they already have a good team and there's less pressure. Plus all the beaches. 

Same here. He was the best player on a team that was bound for a cup run, why give that up to go to a re-building team. Its one thing with JT/NYI as the NYI are bound for nothing. Stamkos would have been crazy to leave TB, especially when you consider the tax breaks.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Hmm. Pretty sure that rumour was going around. Maybe there wasn’t truth to it. 

Dont blame him for re-upping with Tampa. 

Wings fans that hated Holland created that rumor that he burned Detroit, but there was nothing to it.

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

There was a rumor.

Ya you probably created it.

0-6

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Sad but true. Holland is stuck with those for good. 

Nielson’s deal is a perfect example of Holland simply throwing money at a player who isn’t worth it just to try to fill a perceived “need”. Nielson is a playmaker. There was too many of those already. But he is good in the shootout.

Nielsen is also a center and a 2 way player. Outside of Z at that time, who else was there that fit that bill? And yes the contract is brutal. 2 years too long IMO. Even if KH wanted to trade him, and even if there was a team who wanted him, he is one guy I don't think would waive his NTC/NMC. He's here for good.

Darren Helm isn't a bad player.  Darren Helm isn't worth his contract. One or two guys making $500k too much isn't a killer.  10-12 guys making $500k too much is.  So if you can move any of those guys, you do it.  I hope the Bruins take Helm and Babs gets his man crush back and the Leafs take Glendogmillionaire.  Replace both with guys making reasonable salaries, and you're in better shape.

15 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Darren Helm isn't a bad player.  Darren Helm isn't worth his contract. One or two guys making $500k too much isn't a killer.  10-12 guys making $500k too much is.  So if you can move any of those guys, you do it.  I hope the Bruins take Helm and Babs gets his man crush back and the Leafs take Glendogmillionaire.  Replace both with guys making reasonable salaries, and you're in better shape.

I dont know, even that is only 5-6 million, not exactly a "killer".

Whats a killer is when you have too many players making 5mil+. Most teams have a handful, then the rest are on entry level/PTO style contracts. 

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Whoa whoa whoa settle down. We're all on board.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Wait a minute! Karlsson still has ONE more year left on his contract! 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:58 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Green Willing To Waive NTC, Bruins Kicking The Tires On Darren Helm

I know some folks will be excited to hear about Helm

Happy firesale everyone!

:lol: Wouldn't it be funny if 6 or 7 players are dealt by Monday? Then maybe I could "gloat" some too!

Green, Mrazek, Helm, Nyquist, Glendenning, Howard, Tatar.

Most of those players have had teams linked to them, now you post this and we have a team linked to Helm. Even though TSN insiders said they will shop him, but it'll be hard to move his contract. I always trust the TSN insiders. I am still surprised there is no interest in Ericsson though. I bet that "bad contract" Boston wanted to send was Matt Belesky. $3.8m in the minors. No thanks, I'll keep Helm in that case, he makes a good 4th liner with Abby. Now if you wanna send just a pick I am in!

The Green case is interesting. Willing to waive only to TPA? That kind of sucks, so there will be no bidding war. Detroit wants a 1st, but will take an NHL ready prospect and a 2nd. I guess I am ok with that.  Give me Foote, Howden, Raddysh or Volkov and a 2nd and we can call it done.

Edited by LeftWinger