• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

We need more trades NOW! You open the doors Kenny, let the flood begin! We all know you have deals on the table, don't make us wait until Monday!

Howard to Isles!

Helm to Boston!

Glenny to Toronto!

Nyquist to Nashville!

Tatar to some contender!

Green to Tampa!

We're all ready for this to happen! 

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We need more trades NOW! You open the doors Kenny, let the flood begin! We all know you have deals on the table, don't make us wait until Monday!

Howard to Isles!

Helm to Boston!

Glenny to Toronto!

Nyquist to Nashville!

Tatar to some contender!

Green to Tampa!

We're all ready for this to happen! 

False.

27 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I personally prefer the trades happen after my trip to LCA on Saturday night as I paid a lot of money for my tickets, plane fare, hotel etc and would like to see a competitive game vs seeing the future Wings with a lot of callups from GR.

I did the same thing two weeks ago prior to any trades, watched Jimmy get shelled and the game was over in the first 8 minutes and had to deal with Hawk fans. If you go to checkout the digs your cool but hoping for a decent game isn't a guarantee. You might be better off seeing future Wings.

3 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Would anyone be happy we trade Green for Foote and a pick.

Then Green resigns back to us in summer for ?x?.

What ?x? would make folks happy around here.  

That's best case scenario in my opinion. I'd be okay with another 2-3 year contract at a slight discount ($4.5-5M).

3 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Would anyone be happy we trade Green for Foote and a pick.

Then Green resigns back to us in summer for ?x?.

What ?x? would make folks happy around here.  

Foote and a pick would be great. I'd be happy to see us get just Foote to be honest, but I doubt that happens. 

Would love to see Green return in summer, even for the same contract we signed him on last time. 

Ok, if Holden gets a 3rd and a prospect, Green is well worth the 1st and I still believe a prospect, but if its a 2nd and a NHL ready prospect that Holland wants, that is good. I say a 1st and prospect or 2nd and NHL ready prospect should be the price.

Edited by LeftWinger

9 minutes ago, brett said:

Don't understand the hype about cal foote who hasn't played a single NHL game in his life. 

Unless he's good enough to play on the wings next season. Grab the 1st and be done with it

Essentially he’s a first round pick d-man already one year into his post draft development.. and in theory, one year closer to the NHL. 

Combine that with Tampa’s potentially being willing to deal some future assets to win now, and it becomes a possibility in a lot of people’s minds. 

Obviously it’s all speculation. But I’d take him over a late first for sure.  

If the choice were a 1st -or- Foote and a 2nd, I take Foote and the 2nd (which is essentially a 3rd) for sure.

But I really think Holland will accept something like a 2nd in 2018 and 3rd in 2109. That seems to be his wheelhouse. If that happens then he will need to be fired.

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

If Cal is anything like his old man - he'll be a top pairing Dman for many years.

If he is anything like his old man, then he probably wants to beat up Red Wings not play with them! :lol:

Edited by LeftWinger

30 minutes ago, brett said:

Don't understand the hype about cal foote who hasn't played a single NHL game in his life. 

Unless he's good enough to play on the wings next season. Grab the 1st and be done with it

This makes no sense. You'd rather take the first than Cal Foote because he "hasn't played a single NHL game in his life"? As far as I know, whoever we would get in the late first in the upcoming draft hasn't either... It's like saying you'd rather the 31st overall pick over the 14th overall pick. Also, like amato said, Foote is a year closer to making the jump.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If the choice were a 1st -or- Foote and a 2nd, I take Foote and the 2nd (which is essentially a 3rd) for sure.

But I really think Holland will accept something like a 2nd in 2018 and 3rd in 2109. That seems to be his wheelhouse. If that happens then he will need to be fired.

If he is anything like his old man, then he probably wants to beat up Red Wings not play with them! :lol:

Foote > 2018 first round pick (unless we're trading Green to a playoff bubble team, which we won't...). Never mind the 2nd round pick.

I hear that's supposed to be a really deep draft...

I could live with Green for Foote straight up. I am also hearing 2019 is a barn burner.  that is why I don't want to trade our 1st.  We'll still be a lottery team IMO and the potential to land Jack Hughes is alone enough to not even think about getting rid of it.

Edited by LeftWinger

16 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Yeah, you'll be dead then. I'll probably be alive though thanks to millennial technological advances. I'll let you know how the draft goes when I see you in hell. 

Edited by kickazz

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Why? Based on what's reported, Green will waive his NTC to go to Tampa. No word if he's willing to for other teams yet. That would put KH in a position of weakness, not strength. If ur only dealing with one trade partner, I think a 2nd and 3rd might be the best you could hope for.

On 2/18/2018 at 10:46 PM, Buppy said:

Yes, but the market is even smaller and the return likely to be even less, if we could get anything at all even. If we're looking to trade him after the deadline, it would most likely be because we don't plan on qualifying him, which would mean that if a team was interested they could just wait for him to become UFA. Probably not going to be much in the way of competition for him. More like trading UFA rights than a RFA.

Again I say we need to commit to qualifying him if we're going to pass on any reasonable offer. 

Yeah, you didn't understand the question so you answered it incorrectly. I gave the correct answer. I used the same phrasing you did, Mr. Pot, so if mine was insulting so was yours. 

Seriously though, don't be so sensitive. I get that you don't like me, and that's fine. I don't like anyone here. No big deal. I wasn't trying to be insulting until you got all offended by me simply answering a question. Maybe you believe correct answers and accurate information don't matter; I think it does. But I don't care if providing them means some precious flower's petals get bruised.

So suck it up, kiddo. Not planning to stop. I hope insulting me and attacking my motivations (rather than actually debating what I say) makes you and the rest of the gang feel better. Hope you don't feel like hypocrites or anything.

No. I was giving the guy the benefit of the doubt. Either he thought AA was benched for the TB game (incorrect), or he thought the game against Anaheim where he did get benched was against TB (also incorrect). IDK. Either way, it was erroneous. I agree that being factual and accurate are important, but not everything needs to be corrected. I chose to address the reason for the benching. I don't feel a need to correct people to inflate my ego. And if and when I do correct something that was posted incorrectly, I try to do it in a constructive and respectful manner per forum rules. And if for some reason I fall short of that, i am not above apologizing either. My post history reflects that.

I could have an "I don't give a s***" mentality too, but I think this place is more welcoming and refreshing when we all make an effort to have fun and be constructive. It's not required, but it sure makes life a lot more enjoyable.

Peace out.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

According to TSN, the leafs offered a 5th for Glendenning and the wings countered with a 2nd. They also mention the leafs probably wanted the wings to retain salary. 

Dreger mentions the wings are still getting some interest in Glendog 

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-toronto-maple-leafs-detroit-red-wings-winnipeg-jets/2018/02/20/

Also this