• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Heh if Howard is traded too this is going to be a s***show in goal with what’s left. 

A SECOND for Glenny?? Haha lower your expectations Kenny. A lot.

I hate the idea of moving Tatar when there’s many others that should go before him. But they are immovable, so the team loses a good young goal scorer because of that mess. f*** off Holland.

The players we'd like to trade aren't "immovable", Holland just doesn't want to move them. The only player I'd really like to trade that definitely isn't, is Nielsen.

21 minutes ago, brett said:

i was on another forum and people were saying tatar would have a hard time cracking the top 6 on nashville...i find that pretty crazy to believe

im beginning to be ok with sending green away for a top D prospect

im all defense before we worry about our offense 

He probably wouldn't make their top 6, but he would be in the mix for sure. The Preds are looking for depth on the wings, aka top 9. Most middle 6 wingers are interchangeable anyway. I think Nyquist or Tatar would be a good fit and a great addition for Nashville.

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It would be awesome if the Preds equipment manager already has a Tatar jersey made up and ready to go.

In Light The Lamp tonight, Ken once again took Tatar, and said Tats asked him before the game if he was sticking with him and Ken replied, "I sure am. For at least ONE (emphasis) more game"... Maybe Ken knows something... Or maybe I'm reading too much into it...

52 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

The players we'd like to trade aren't "immovable", Holland just doesn't want to move them. The only player I'd really like to trade that definitely isn't, is Nielsen.

He probably wouldn't make their top 6, but he would be in the mix for sure. The Preds are looking for depth on the wings, aka top 9. Most middle 6 wingers are interchangeable anyway. I think Nyquist or Tatar would be a good fit and a great addition for Nashville.

In Light The Lamp tonight, Ken once again took Tatar, and said Tats asked him before the game if he was sticking with him and Ken replied, "I sure am. For at least ONE (emphasis) more game"... Maybe Ken knows something... Or maybe I'm reading too much into it...

Some are immovable. Abby wouldn’t get taken on with his deal by anyone. Would have a hard time moving Nielson  with his contract too. Maybe when he’s got 1-2 years left on it.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Toronto traded their 4C Eric Fehr to San Jose today...lets heighten the disney.com to Toronto rumor!

No, they traded Fehr who was loaned to San Diego of the AHL for a 2020 7th rounder. He only played 4 games with the Leafs this season. I guess San Jose hope he can still be a reliable 4th line center. He put up 28 points (17 goals, 11 assists) in 34 games with the Gulls this season.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No, they traded Fehr who was loaned to San Diego of the AHL for a 2020 7th rounder. He only played 4 games with the Leafs this season. I guess San Jose hope he can still be a reliable 4th line center. He put up 28 points (17 goals, 11 assists) in 34 games with the Gulls this season.

Oh, ok.

6 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Some are immovable. Abby wouldn’t get taken on with his deal by anyone. Would have a hard time moving Nielson  with his contract too. Maybe when he’s got 1-2 years left on it.

No they're not. How many times does it need to be said around here? There. are. no. unmoveable. contracts. Teams prove it every single year. Abdelkader, Nielsen, Ericsson, etc, etc, can all be moved with a little creativity. The only reason a team in our position should try to move these contracts though, is if we need cap space. We don't. 

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Ya, their 4C is Dominic Moore. 

Who most Leafs fans aren't a fan of... Surprisingly, a lot of Leafs fans really want Glendening and see him as a big upgrade over Moore.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No they're not. How many times does it need to be said around here? There. are. no. unmoveable. contracts. Teams prove it every single year. Abdelkader, Nielsen, Ericsson, etc, etc, can all be moved with a little creativity. The only reason a team in our position should try to move these contracts though, is if we need cap space. We don't. 

Who most Leafs fans aren't a fan of... Surprisingly, a lot of Leafs fans really want Glendening and see him as a big upgrade over Moore.

No, we don’t need cap space, which is the reason the Mrazek trade was pointless right now, and a Tatar trade would be pointless right now. 

Nothing wrong with Glenny. He has his role. Just saying Holland asking for a 2nd rounder for a fourth liner is crazy, especially after what he gave Mrazek away for.

I honestly think there was more to that trade than the matter of a $4 million qualifier. I mean, Holland really pushed that deal with Hextall, even before Neuvirth went down, and took conditional picks and kept half the salary. Made it very hard not to accept. Holland probably still had some dislike for him after he wouldn’t cave to a lower, more cap friendly salary and dragged out contract negotiations. They were quite far apart at first. When his work ethic and attitude problems were made public, coupled with his expansion draft exposure, they were good hints things weren’t good between them.

Oh well.

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

No, we don’t need cap space, which is the reason the Mrazek trade was pointless right now, and a Tatar trade would be pointless right now. 

Nothing wrong with Glenny. He has his role. Just saying Holland asking for a 2nd rounder for a fourth liner is crazy, especially after what he gave Mrazek away for.

I honestly think there was more to that trade than the matter of a $4 million qualifier. I mean, Holland really pushed that deal with Hextall, even before Neuvirth went down, and took conditional picks and kept half the salary. Made it very hard not to accept. Holland probably still had some dislike for him after he wouldn’t cave to a lower, more cap friendly salary and dragged out contract negotiations. They were quite far apart at first. When his work ethic and attitude problems were made public, coupled with his expansion draft exposure, they were good hints things weren’t good between them.

Oh well.

Are you serious? I know you are a huge Mrazek fan, but to claim that we are not in need of cap space in an effort to bash trading him seem a bit extreme to me. I think 99.9% of fans would agree we need to free up cap.

14 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Foote and a pick would be great. I'd be happy to see us get just Foote to be honest, but I doubt that happens. 

Would love to see Green return in summer, even for the same contract we signed him on last time. 

Green is not worth 6 million as a 33-year-old... He may not even crack 40 points this season. 4 million is the most I would offer him on a 2-3 year deal...

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Oh well.

Ummm... we absolutely DO need cap space for next season... and it has been silly to have nearly 10 million wrapped up in goalies. Smart teams don't allow that to happen. We need cap space for re-signing Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Frk, potentially a d-man to replace Green, and a backup goalie... We currently only have 12.8 million free for next season and that won't cut it. The time is right to start cutting bloated contracts (Tatar, Dekeyser, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Helm, Ericsson). I'm not saying we'll be able to move all of those guys, but a team in this situation has to try their best.

2 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Well I searched Mike Green on Twitter and clicked the latest tab, and there's a tweet by Pierre Lebrun.  Fake account maybe?

Yeah, there was a tweet yesterday after the Mrazek trade that was from the Detroit Red Wings:

UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings have traded F Henrik Zetterberg to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 1st Round Pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft and F Kasperi Kapanen.

I about spit out my drink when I first saw it but then realized it was @DetroitRedWigns... I hate people who toy with our emotions that way. Haha

10 hours ago, chaps80 said:

A SECOND for Glenny?? Haha lower your expectations Kenny. A lot.

Haha right?! I imagine Toronto wanted us to retain half his salary, hence the high ball offer.. but if we somehow got a second for a fourth line center, that would be amazing :D 

6 hours ago, kliq said:

Are you serious? I know you are a huge Mrazek fan, but to claim that we are not in need of cap space in an effort to bash trading him seem a bit extreme to me. I think 99.9% of fans would agree we need to free up cap.

To be fair, I'm the one that initially said we don't need the cap space. That's what chaps was responding to. But my point was that we didn't need the cap space bad enough to move any of our bad contracts. If we wanted to move Nielsen (or whoever), we could, but we'd have to retain dollars, and add a pick / prospect to entice a team to take him. Only a team re-building would be willing to make such a trade, and us being a rebuilding team ourselves, wouldn't make much sense from our perspective.

I don't like that we traded Mrazek for such a small return, but it has nothing to do with not needing the cap space. I just think he still has the potential to be a good goaltender in this league. I am rooting for him in Philadelphia, and not just for the upgraded picks.

I do think we should be looking to move some players at the deadline, but that's more for the future assets and to free up roster spots than it is for the cap space. No, a rebuilding team shouldn't also be the highest cap team, but we shouldn't be in a huge rush to shed cap space.

7 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Green is not worth 6 million as a 33-year-old... He may not even crack 40 points this season. 4 million is the most I would offer him on a 2-3 year deal...

Ehh, it's 2-3 non-competing years. 6 million per wouldn't hurt the team on a short deal. Obviously it would be great to get him at 4-5, but if it would take 6 to bring him back, sure why not. It would be a contract that could be easily moved. 

7 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Ummm... we absolutely DO need cap space for next season... and it has been silly to have nearly 10 million wrapped up in goalies. Smart teams don't allow that to happen. We need cap space for re-signing Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Frk, potentially a d-man to replace Green, and a backup goalie... We currently only have 12.8 million free for next season and that won't cut it. The time is right to start cutting bloated contracts (Tatar, Dekeyser, Abdelkader, Nielsen, Helm, Ericsson). I'm not saying we'll be able to move all of those guys, but a team in this situation has to try their best.

Yeah, there was a tweet yesterday after the Mrazek trade that was from the Detroit Red Wings:

UPDATE: The Detroit #RedWings have traded F Henrik Zetterberg to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 1st Round Pick in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft and F Kasperi Kapanen.

I about spit out my drink when I first saw it but then realized it was @DetroitRedWigns... I hate people who toy with our emotions that way. Haha

A trade along these lines would be well worth considering.  Emotion aside, if a trade was out there to get a quality prospect or 2 and a 1st rounder for Zetterberg... you MUST make that deal.  He'd still be a Wings alum, he'd still be fondly remembered, he'd still be a Detroit legend... none of that would change. 

31 minutes ago, mackel said:

A trade along these lines would be well worth considering.  Emotion aside, if a trade was out there to get a quality prospect or 2 and a 1st rounder for Zetterberg... you MUST make that deal.  He'd still be a Wings alum, he'd still be fondly remembered, he'd still be a Detroit legend... none of that would change. 

It wouldn’t happen because Z would immediately retire. He’s said that already basically. 

Btw the rest of ya’ll be aware of fake news and tweets. Lots of that going on since yesterday.

Edited by kickazz

5 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It wouldn’t happen because Z would immediately retire. He’s said that already basically.

He'd need to be in the loop, but barring him throwing a hissy fit and not wanting another shot at a cup, I'd think he'd consider it.

11 minutes ago, mackel said:

He'd need to be in the loop, but barring him throwing a hissy fit and not wanting another shot at a cup, I'd think he'd consider it.

He’s not in the loop. Holland said he wants to rebuild but not have a team just full of kids and without some sort of guidance.

He wouldn’t fetch us a first rounder anyway

Edited by kickazz