• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

37 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/red_wings_seek_multiple_trades.html#incart_river_mobile_index

"I'm open for business over the next year or two," Holland said.

he's crazy.... 

In other words, 6th round pick for Green, no other movement.

No, this is not a meltdown. AnnetteForLife had it wrong. It's being mad at Kenny being Kenny. We've gone from I will sell assets for picks and cap space at the deadline to I'm open for business for the next two years. SMH.

I hope we are able to get a decent return for all the guys we have on the block. Right now, it seems a lot of teams that can overpay, are overpaying. Holland needs to get aggressive on the phones and throw our guys out there.

KH watch : trying to get Ray Bourque for Larionov and top prospect Grigorenko.

5 minutes ago, Konnan511 said:

I hope we are able to get a decent return for all the guys we have on the block. Right now, it seems a lot of teams that can overpay, are overpaying. Holland needs to get aggressive on the phones and throw our guys out there.

Question is: who do we have on the block???

1 hour ago, Dominator2005 said:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2018/02/red_wings_seek_multiple_trades.html#incart_river_mobile_index

"I'm open for business over the next year or two," Holland said.

he's crazy.... 

Why is he talking about the next year or two?? That quote scares the crap out of me. Seems like he's already putting out the fires for not selling at the deadline. 

55 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

:eh: I'm so confused... I thought for sure the deadline was tomorrow...

Yep another deadline will come and go. Everyone try to act shocked when AA is traded for a third and we get the KH treatment concerning the rest. Dude should have been fired years ago, he’s the worst. 

35 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Why is he talking about the next year or two?? That quote scares the crap out of me. Seems like he's already putting out the fires for not selling at the deadline. 

Or he's trying to strengthen his bargaining position with other GMs who might otherwise try to take advantage of his position if they think the Wings have to sell now....

Edited by Zetts

27 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

I swear this organization is more concerned with the damn Griffins than the Wings

That's what you got from that? Bertuzzi won't be officially sent down to Grand Rapids until after the Wings season is over. This is just so he is eligible to go on a playoff run with the Griffins. Nothing more...

4 minutes ago, Zetts said:

Or he's trying to strenghten his bargaining position with other GMs who might otherwise try to take advantage of his position if they think the Wings have to sell now....

Yup, pretty much this.

7 minutes ago, Zetts said:

Or he's trying to strengthen his bargaining position with other GMs who might otherwise try to take advantage of his position if they think the Wings have to sell now....

I don't buy it and I don't think anyone else will either. He's on an expiring contract with everything to prove and he's dealing in a seller's market. The ball is not in his court.

54 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

That's what you got from that? Bertuzzi won't be officially sent down to Grand Rapids until after the Wings season is over. This is just so he is eligible to go on a playoff run with the Griffins. Nothing more...

It really is laughable. People will literally find things out of nothing in order to criticize. 

24 minutes ago, HadThomasVokounOnFortSt said:

Wait... that would mean he has to sign a new contract with us.

I would be shocked if KH is not back next year.

“If it’s not this time period, and it’s not at the draft, then the reality is, it’s probably a year from now,” Holland said. “My mindset isn’t so much about 2017-18 and ’18-’19. It’s about ’19-’20 and trying to acquire assets that I’m hoping can impact this team down the road.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/25/red-wings-might-do-their-biggest-deals-later/110836968/

It's confirmed, KH is crazy.... 

52 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

“If it’s not this time period, and it’s not at the draft, then the reality is, it’s probably a year from now,” Holland said. “My mindset isn’t so much about 2017-18 and ’18-’19. It’s about ’19-’20 and trying to acquire assets that I’m hoping can impact this team down the road.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2018/02/25/red-wings-might-do-their-biggest-deals-later/110836968/

It's confirmed, KH is crazy.... 

Ya, so what happened to getting a prospect the will make the team next season. This guy thinks we're fools. He isn't getting any bites, so he's posturing. "Oh, I don't really need to worry about the next two years, I want to sell assets for 2201!"

First, most deadline deals are on deadline day anyway.. put away your torches and pitchforks for now. 

Second, isn’t “assets that can help this team down the line” exactly what everyone wants? Why the complaints about the Holland quotes if he’s finally trying to rebuild? It doesn’t sound like he’s making excuses in advance.. it sounds like he’s trying to get the best deals he can to help us down the line rather than giving players away on the cheap, just to get rid of them. Don’t let your existing biases read into the quotes wrong. 

Edited by amato

4 minutes ago, amato said:

First, most deadline deals are on deadline day anyway.. put away your torches and pitchforks for now. 

Second, isn’t “assets that can help this team down the line” exactly what everyone wants? Why the complaints about the Holland quotes if he’s finally trying to rebuild? It doesn’t sound like he’s making excuses in advance.. it sounds like he’s trying to get the best deals he can to help us down the line rather than giving players away on the cheap, just to get rid of them. Don’t let your existing biases read into the quotes wrong. 

Fair enough, but most of our biases are formed from the incompetency the last decade.

Just now, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Fair enough, but most of our biases are formed from the incompetency the last decade.

Right. I get that, and I don’t blame those with these biases.. there are some moves/contracts i haven’t agreed with either. I’d just like to see a little less overreaction in any fanbase that I consider myself a part of, that’s all. 

6 minutes ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

Exactly...biases? What biases? It's the complete opposite, more like groundhog day.

But, I really liked the return in the Smith-trade. So I'll wait for tomorrow before I push KH off the cliff.. ;)

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

I'm confused. Why do we need to trade everyone away now? The only guys where there is a sense of urgency to trade now is Green (pending UFA) and Mrazek (upcoming RFA who wasn't going to be re-signed). Every other player besides Booth (no trade value) has term left. When it comes to the TDL, term = less value. Tatar has 3 years left. Nyquist, Howard, and Ouellet all have one more year left. They'll be easier to trade this summer or next season and will get more in return. If this team is rebuilding, shouldn't we try to get the most back even if it means waiting a little longer? Why the urgency? As long as these guys aren't being re-signed or let go w/o any return, what's the big deal? I would rather wait and get a good prospect than trade now and get an average one. A 2nd rounder next year is better than a 3rd rounder this year and so on. Let's be patient and wait to see what happens before we climb aboard the annual "Holland is the worst" train.

Holland would be a bigger idiot for trading players when their stock is lower, especially when he can be patient and get a better return. That is his job isn't it?

Now, if the TDL passes and Green is still here, then flame away. If guys like Nyquist, Howard, etc aren't traded eventually and we lose them for nothing when they become UFAs, I'll be right there with you calling for Holland's head. But if and until that happens: