• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Jasper84 said:

I'm just now turning on trade deadline talk for the day. By the sounds of the posts today, we might not be doing much huh? I'm surprised as some of these returns and don't get why we're not doing the same. Does Holland and Co really think we're making the playoffs this year and are trying to hold onto some of these guys?

He called it Maintaining the Culture. 

We'll see though. It ain't over til it's over.

One thing that will be worse that not trading anyone, is accepting crap in return. Like I said, with the prices today, if we trade Green Nyquist and Tatar, that should give us 4 total 1sts. But I have a feeling well have 6 3rds instead. So yes, what I'm saying is if teams are gonna try to fleece us, is rather keep everyone. But Kenny is so easily fleeced.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ottawa needs to s*** or get off the pot with Karlsson. Hoping Florida will scoop up McDonagh quick. Then we can get this Green bidding war going. Sounds like he's approved a trade to TBL or Washington. The two teams also interested in Karlsson.

I think he'd be making a mistake not approving a trade to Vegas...if they showed interest. 

Edited by LeftWinger

Just now, LeftWinger said:

One thing that will be worse that not trading anyone, is accepting crap in return. Like I said, with the prices today, if we trade Green Nyquist and Tatar, that should give us 4 total 1sts. But I have a feeling well have 6 3rds instead.

I really don't think anyone besides Green will move today. Maybe Glendening, but I really doubt it.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

One thing that will be worse that not trading anyone, is accepting crap in return. Like I said, with the prices today, if we trade Green Nyquist and Tatar, that should give us 4 total 1sts. But I have a feeling well have 6 3rds instead.

We're not trading Green, Nyquist and Tatar. Green and MAYBE one of the other two. No chance in hell of all 3. Calm down before you have an aneurysm. 

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I took the day off today to enjoy this deadline. First off, let's all please remember the only player that NEEDS to be traded today is Mike Green. Anyone else is a little bonus.

That being said Karlsson and McDonagh are really gonna f*** things up for us.

I'd be perfectly content with this. It's just a bit nerve wrecking knowing that McD and Karlsson are available, so the Green stuff would happen at the very last's minute or we wouldn't get full value. I hope I'm wrong on the value part.

1 minute ago, Jasper84 said:

I'd be perfectly content with this. It's just a bit nerve wrecking knowing that McD and Karlsson are available, so the Green stuff would happen at the very last's minute or we wouldn't get full value. I hope I'm wrong on the value part.

I agree with you. Best case scenario is Karlsson doesn't move and McDonagh moves quickly.

I don't get all this call down stuff. Who's freaking out?

whoa calm down dude

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I agree with you. Best case scenario is Karlsson doesn't move and McDonagh moves quickly.

What I don't get is Yzerman has said he isn't trading anyone from the roster or Foote, so how else would be acquire Karlsson? He may as well give us that 1st for Green and get him down there. 

Just now, marcaractac said:

Dude... put down the knife

Ok.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really don't think anyone besides Green will move today. Maybe Glendening, but I really doubt it.

If Babs gets Glendening Ill find it hilarious.  I find the talks about him wanting him hilarious, there's zero doubt hes Babs boy

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ottawa needs to s*** or get off the pot with Karlsson. Hoping Florida will scoop up McDonagh quick. Then we can get this Green bidding war going. Sounds like he's approved a trade to TBL or Washington. The two teams also interested in Karlsson.

Yeah, I imagine the sens are using the deadline as a way to get talks started for a summer trade. Which seems like a bad idea; they’d get more for him for two playoff runs at his current cap hit, I’d think. I could really see them managing to mess up his trade sometime around the draft. 

What I don't get is Yzerman has said he isn't trading anyone from the roster or Foote, so how else would be acquire Karlsson? He may as well give us that 1st for Green and get him down there. 

Ok.

Haven’t heard that.. do you have a link to an Yzerman quote saying he won’t trade Foote? 

1 minute ago, 13dangledangle said:

If Babs gets Glendening Ill find it hilarious.  I find the talks about him wanting him hilarious, there's zero doubt hes Babs boy

Part of me wants this to happen just because the Leafs fans are getting all worked up and don't want him. The other part of me doesn't want to give him up for what the leafs would pay.