• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Only one big name D man went today, Green didn't stay put because lack of trying-the #1 spot he was said to go was Tampa, and they went with the defensive defenseman and I don't blame them.  Would have been awesome to trade Green for something but I'm definitely happy with the Tatar trade.  I'm also all for re-signing Green in the offseason, if we don't THEN Ill be pissed off, until then I'm happy.

if the injry scared people off, so be it.

Need a 2nd fro disney.com, nothing less.

Able to shed some long term salary cap. We did. Still wish he had gotten rid of Nyquist and Helm as well, but hey, all in all, we are +5.3M for cap and we have another 1st round pick.

Pretty good job Kenny...

1 minute ago, Son of a Wing said:

It still doesn't explain why Green couldn't have been traded for a conditional pick. That's the whole point of conditional picks. 

Well, if you're Tampa (the likely trade partner) are you rest your chance of cup success on trading for Green hoping that he's healthy or go with McDonough?

Any team that was interested probably went with another option rather than a maybe.

I'd say it's because Tampa and Washington aren't interested in a guy who might work out, they need ready to go, ready to win a cup.... that'd be my thoughts on why they didn't do conditionals - they are not looking to build the franchise, looking for immediate impact for the playoffs with a rental.

I am sure Kenny was probably wanting Nemestikov since he was put out there.

Really though, Nemestikov and a conditional 1st for Green wouldn't have been too pricey. But the haul from Tatar makes up for that a bit because the 1st will probably be a little higher.

Not sure injury scared Yzerman off since McDonagh is also out with an upper body:

That is from hockey-reference.com.  Those were all the injured players for NYR as of today.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 minutes ago, BobL said:

I'd say it's because Tampa and Washington aren't interested in a guy who might work out, they need ready to go, ready to win a cup.... that'd be my thoughts on why they didn't do conditionals - they are not looking to build the franchise, looking for immediate impact for the playoffs with a rental.

From what I heard Washington didn't have the space for Green and went with a cheaper option back on the 15th with Kempny (makes 900k) and Toronto made no moves for a defenseman at all which was our 2nd best option to Tampa-I get why Tampa did what they did

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I am sure Kenny was probably wanting Nemestikov since he was put out there.

Really though, Nemestikov and a conditional 1st for Green wouldn't have been too pricey. But the haul from Tatar makes up for that a bit because the 1st will probably be a little higher.

Not sure injury scared Yzerman off since McDonagh is also out with an upper body:

image.thumb.png.3721398218a4b2759e245eb856871ad5.png

That is from hockey-reference.com.  Those were all the injured players for NYR as of today.

I think the “injury scaring people off” bit was in regards to why more teams weren’t interested. The late trade call and giant deal it took to get McDonut makes it seem like he was their guy all along after he was made available and Green was more of a plan B, IMO. 

Kenny needs to come out and say something like:

" We weren't going to be low-balled on a return for Mike, he is more important to our team than low-ball offers.  We felt that unless the return was going to immediately impact our team, we weren't just gong to throw Mike away. We will now work on re-signing him to be a part of maintaining our culture and helping to usher in our kids."

Of course I bet I he is really hoping part of that culture involves helping Dahlin! As we all are!

Edited by LeftWinger

I'd have to imagine that in the end Green wasn't traded because of his NTC and not because of the injury. I really think that once Tampa and Wash were ruled out, he didn't want to move. 

I'm not saying the injury didn't scared people off, but I don't believe for a second that Vegas didn't want him in the Tatar deal after failing on Karlsson.

To complicate the argument, I just read that McDonagh is injured too and hasn't played since Feb. 7. But I guess they were always aiming for Miller and McDonagh so it doesn't have as much to say about their interest in Green falling off due to injury. That must have been other teams then.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

Or even just giving a modified NTC, I am fine with "submit a list of 10 teams you won't go to", nobody wants to end up in Arizona lol.

1 hour ago, amato said:

I think the “injury scaring people off” bit was in regards to why more teams weren’t interested. The late trade call and giant deal it took to get McDonut makes it seem like he was their guy all along after he was made available and Green was more of a plan B, IMO. 

I get it. If Green's injury was worse then we realize, if you were a GM, would you want to risk giving up a 1st rounder for a guy who may be worthless (depending on the injury).