• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

In hindsight a 2nd would have been great 2 months ago. But of course no one had any way of knowing about the forthcoming injury. And that same injury never would have happened if he were traded 2 months ago (or 2 weeks ago)...

I'm disappointed Green wasn't traded because I do think a deal could have been made. You would think something could have been worked out under the conditions that he plays x number of games in the regular season and playoffs. Oh well, the return on Tatar far exceeded my expectations. I give Holland a C, based on the return on Tatar and the no-trade on Green...

I honestly give Holland an A-. It's not his fault teams shied away from Green, I'm sure he had some lowball offers due to the injury, but when healthy Green is far too valuable for low round picks. He hit a homerun, no a grand slam with Tatar. Considering he cur three years of $5.3M off the cap is valuable enough, but three picks as well. I give him the A- because I sure wish we could've cut a bit more cap, but we'll see what happens before next season. Like I said before, we will have $22M in available cap (With Franzen LTIR) and even more if cap goes up. 

Hell, I say sign Green to a 1 yr. Deal and see what happens next TDL. We'll potentially have 4 players that may be coveted next TDL. Green, E, Nyquist, Howard. Not that I'll think it'll happen, but if Kronner doesn't retire, I'm sure we may get a call or two about him as a rental to solidify a Cup contender. Ya never know!

I think keeping Green rather than losing him for a 2nd rounder due to his injury is better if he resigns Green for another year and flips him over for a 1st rounder when he’s NOT injured next year.

We kept Green. Because of that, Green will likely feel comfortable resigning with us. Use this to our advantage to resign him for cheaper short term; making him a good candidate for next trade deadline. 

Edited by kickazz

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I honestly give Holland an A-. It's not his fault teams shied away from Green, I'm sure he had some lowball offers due to the injury, but when healthy Green is far too valuable for low round picks. He hit a homerun, no a grand slam with Tatar. Considering he cur three years of $5.3M off the cap is valuable enough, but three picks as well. I give him the A- because I sure wish we could've cut a bit more cap, but we'll see what happens before next season. Like I said before, we will have $22M in available cap (With Franzen LTIR) and even more if cap goes up. 

Hell, I say sign Green to a 1 yr. Deal and see what happens next TDL. We'll potentially have 4 players that may be coveted next TDL. Green, E, Nyquist, Howard. Not that I'll think it'll happen, but if Kronner doesn't retire, I'm sure we may get a call or two about him as a rental to solidify a Cup contender. Ya never know!

Holland MUST trade Green, Nyquist, Howard, Kronwall, Ericsson, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Nielsen, Ouellet, and DeKeyser at this year's draft. At least. Otherwise I demand that he commit Seppuku, amirite?

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

The thing is modified NTC's are usually just as effective for the player as full NTC's, especially at the deadline. There are usually only a handful of teams that want to trade for these players this time of year. If Green only wanted to go to Tampa or Washington, he'd essentially be able to do that with a modified NTC (10 team no-go list). His list would include the top teams that would most likely be looking to trade for him, not the bottom feeders, because he knows damn well that teams like Arizona aren't selling off assets for a rental...

Fair point...then maybe a modified NTC that kicks out 1 week before the deadline. Can you even do that?

10 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

In reality only a handful of teams will have the cap space come July 1st.

Will be an interesting summer.

I don't know the cap situations for all the teams, but I would imagine that the only teams that could afford him are probably not contenders. That actually increases the odds for the Wings to sign him.

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't know the cap situations for all the teams, but I would imagine that the only teams that could afford him are probably not contenders. That actually increases the odds for the Wings to sign him.

Sharks come to mind as one of the better teams that has the space. They have some space right now with a lot of contracts up this year, including Joe Thornton’s 8 mill, and a few in the 3-5 mill range. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sharks

3 minutes ago, amato said:

Sharks come to mind as one of the better teams that has the space. They have some space right now with a lot of contracts up this year, including Joe Thornton’s 8 mill, and a few in the 3-5 mill range. 

True, but I think Thornton re-signs. With Couture and Pavelski already on the team, where would Tavares fit in? I suspect that was the reason that they let Marleau go last year.

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

True, but I think Thornton re-signs. With Couture and Pavelski already on the team, where would Tavares fit in? I suspect that was the reason that they let Marleau go last year.

I think they wanted Marleau and Thornton back but just on one year deals. Thornton was cool with it, Marleau wanted term so he left. 

But yeah I’m just speaking strictly from a cap space perspective. Without looking too much into it, I’m pretty sure they’d have no problem moving Couture and/or Pavelski to wing. I think they’ve spent time there before? 

34 minutes ago, amato said:

Vegas as well. I can see that being an attractive option for him.

Translated:

Libor Šulák is on his way to the USA and joins the organization @DetroitRedWings. The rest of the season is played in the NHL. #NHLcz

Can't hurt, eh? Maybe Kronwall is gonna call it a season.

Nevermind...

Translated:

twitter.com/jakubprchal/status/976486761776984064  Libor Šulák is on his way to the USA. Eventually he will head to the AHL, then he may then get an invitation to the main team.

Red Wings ' D Libor Šulák is headed to the AHL
@griffinshockey #ttps://t.co/cdyeJFTv9M

Edited by LeftWinger