• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I Remember when Fletcher touted as a God because he was able to sign The Olsen Twins... Where is old centcougar anyhow?

Fletcher really had nothing to do with that. Suter is whipped and Parise is a Mommas's boy. That's why they signed there. All Fletcher had to do was hand them a pen.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Fletcher really had nothing to do with that. Suter is whipped and Parise is a Mommas's boy. That's why they signed there. All Fletcher had to do was hand them a pen.

One could argue that you could criticize Fletcher. Those two wanted to go to Minny, yet were still given ridiculous contracts. I feel a better GM could have still landed them at a lower cost.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Well, then count Holland out as a better GM, he only offered one year less, same cap hit, still Suter agreed, but his girl didn't.

I would've loved to see Suter here man, even at 12 years $7.whatever million he makes against the cap.

Just Suter would have been fine, a #1 D-man is a necessity now a days. Both as a package is what screwed Minny.

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

Just Suter would have been fine, a #1 D-man is a necessity now a days. Both as a package is what screwed Minny.

it's funny at the time no one in Minny felt they were getting screwed, that is for sure! What is there about 7 more years of their contracts?

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

it's funny at the time no one in Minny felt they were getting screwed, that is for sure! What is there about 7 more years of their contracts?

The two of them will be on the books for another 7 years at 15million per year.

Currently Suter is 33 years old and is coming off an ankle fracture (he did play well before the injury though) and Parise is 33 and coming off 24 points in 42 games.

12 hours ago, kliq said:

The two of them will be on the books for another 7 years at 15million per year.

Currently Suter is 33 years old and is coming off an ankle fracture (he did play well before the injury though) and Parise is 33 and coming off 24 points in 42 games.

Not that I think he’s been worth his whole contract or anything, but Parise did have back surgery in October.. the low stats aren’t too surprising. Although he hasn’t really put up great stats since he was in Jersey.. maybe Minny is just not a good fit? You’d think they would’ve adjusted to him at least a little bit by now though. 

I do wonder how long he’s been dealing with the lingering issues that caused him to opt for surgery though. 

Also, damn. He broke his sternum in the playoffs. Talk about a rough year all around. 

41 minutes ago, amato said:

Not that I think he’s been worth his whole contract or anything, but Parise did have back surgery in October.. the low stats aren’t too surprising. Although he hasn’t really put up great stats since he was in Jersey.. maybe Minny is just not a good fit? You’d think they would’ve adjusted to him at least a little bit by now though. 

I do wonder how long he’s been dealing with the lingering issues that caused him to opt for surgery though. 

Also, damn. He broke his sternum in the playoffs. Talk about a rough year all around. 

Oh I'm not blaming Parise, but when you sign a player to a 14 year contract, you are taking HUGE risks especially when it comes to major regression/injury.

14 minutes ago, kliq said:

Oh I'm not blaming Parise, but when you sign a player to a 14 year contract, you are taking HUGE risks especially when it comes to major regression/injury.

Agreed. And of course. I have always liked him as a player (Suter too) but part of me couldn’t help but be at least a little relieved when they didn’t sign those contracts here. 

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Gotta feel for those Isles fans...They'll continue to wallow in mediocrity for years to come.

Over at HF Boards - those poor bastards actually think there's a good chance of JT re-signing with them.

I mean Stamkos pulled that move. Re-signed with TBL last second. JT could easily do it too.

I almost think it would be a smart misdirection to agree on new deal internally, but don't actually put pen to paper until right around when FA opens. Keep other teams focused on the big fish dangled in front of them, while you focus on the players you want that are actually on the market. I don't think Garth Snow is that intelligent or crafty though.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

But c'mon...It's the Isles...Would you want to play there when there's 3 to 6 other teams ready, and willing to pay for your services?

The whole arena issue, piss-poor mgt, poor home attendance, etc, etc.

Good on JT if he wants to play his career without winning a Cup, and re-signs with them, but IMHO he owes them nothing...I'd poop my pants if he did.

I agree with you. Islanders are a joke of a franchise. I would never wanna play there and TBL was in a much better situation

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Gotta feel for those Isles fans...They'll continue to wallow in mediocrity for years to come.

Over at HF Boards - those poor bastards actually think there's a good chance of JT re-signing with them.

I'm sure someone will break down his P/60 :lol:

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

even in the sad state we are in, IMO we will win a Cup before NY will. JT coming here would just speed that up more!

I dont see him coming here, BUT if we landed Dahlin, I think that would significantly increase our odds.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean Stamkos pulled that move. Re-signed with TBL last second. JT could easily do it too.

I almost think it would be a smart misdirection to agree on new deal internally, but don't actually put pen to paper until right around when FA opens. Keep other teams focused on the big fish dangled in front of them, while you focus on the players you want that are actually on the market. I don't think Garth Snow is that intelligent or crafty though.

He was a better goalie than he is a GM if that tells you anything.

8 minutes ago, kliq said:

I'm sure someone will break down his P/60 :lol:

I dont see him coming here, BUT if we landed Dahlin, I think that would significantly increase our odds.

We have the X-factor tho. Frans "Eat Me I'm a Danish" Nielsen.

On 4/25/2018 at 10:03 AM, kliq said:

That was exactly one of those situations where no matter how it turned out, Holland was going to be flamed by irrational fan hatred.

He doesn't sign them...he sucks as a GM. "Why couldn't you sign them Ken?..We only have so much time left before Datsyuk and Z retire...The door to win another cup is closing."

If he does sign them...then towards the end of their contracts, Suter and Parise are well past their expiration date and taking up too much payroll. "Holland is an idiot for signing those contracts...He should've known it would hurt the team later on."

On 4/25/2018 at 2:16 PM, LeftWinger said:

Can't wait to start hearing the favs in the running for him. Should start up fairly soon.

Pretty much any team with $84,000,000 to spend.

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That was exactly one of those situations where no matter how it turned out, Holland was going to be flamed by irrational fan hatred.

He doesn't sign them...he sucks as a GM. "Why couldn't you sign them Ken?..We only have so much time left before Datsyuk and Z retire...The door to win another cup is closing."

If he does sign them...then towards the end of their contracts, Suter and Parise are well past their expiration date and taking up too much payroll. "Holland is an idiot for signing those contracts...He should've known it would hurt the team later on."

Smart fans understood that if the cost of Suter was Parise on that deal, it was better to walk away

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Probably total click bait BS from Murphy, but he said it...

Who the f*** is Jimmy Murphy? I would break all the things and cry for days if this were to happen... If Yzerman were to leave Tampa, he'd come back to Detroit long before he'd go to Toronto though wouldn't he? I know it's most likely a dumbass guy trying to spread a dumbass rumor, but still... I'm sad now...