• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Who the f*** is Jimmy Murphy? I would break all the things and cry for days if this were to happen... If Yzerman were to leave Tampa, he'd come back to Detroit long before he'd go to Toronto though wouldn't he? I know it's most likely a dumbass guy trying to spread a dumbass rumor, but still... I'm sad now...

He's a freelance writer that used to work for ESPN, Sirius, NHL.com etc. He's usually pretty legit, but yeah I think he's just trying to stir the pot with this one.

Yzerman to the Leafs is just... no

4 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Who the f*** is Jimmy Murphy? I would break all the things and cry for days if this were to happen... If Yzerman were to leave Tampa, he'd come back to Detroit long before he'd go to Toronto though wouldn't he? I know it's most likely a dumbass guy trying to spread a dumbass rumor, but still... I'm sad now...

It's a Leafs rumor. Nuff said.

The Leafs gotta keep the news rolling. Make their fanbase think someones gonna take the heat for their collapse. Lou is still with the franchise as a senior adviser, so he's not lost to them. But it's still a move, which is what will placate some fans. 

I dunno where the hell the Yzerman thing came from hahaha. They are probably promoting from within, with Kyle Dubas taking over the GM chair. 

Edit- Sorry, the all important link:

http://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/simmons-time-for-maple-leafs-to-replace-gm-lou-lamoriello-wasnt-now

Edited by chaps80

Igor corrects himself right after this tweet to "not there". So basically Sorokin won't sign with the Isles until Snow is fired (Eronko is a very reliable source).

Sorokin was a 3rd rounder for the Isles in 2014 and has been one of the most dominant goalies in the KHL since then. He's only 22 now, but has been Moscow's starting goalie for I believe 3 seasons now.

1. We should consider trading for the rights to this kid

2. Do debacles like this further motivate Tavares to leave?

3. Lmao Snow is sucha joke how does this man still have a job?

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Igor corrects himself right after this tweet to "not there". So basically Sorokin won't sign with the Isles until Snow is fired (Eronko is a very reliable source).

Sorokin was a 3rd rounder for the Isles in 2014 and has been one of the most dominant goalies in the KHL since then. He's only 22 now, but has been Moscow's starting goalie for I believe 3 seasons now.

1. We should consider trading for the rights to this kid

2. Do debacles like this further motivate Tavares to leave?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. IDK

Wonder if there's a deal that can be worked for the 11th overall too. Draft Vilardi.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just one of those things, like Why does Milbury still have a broadcasting job? 

This isn't the first time a Russian goalie refused to play for Snow and the Isles. Remember the Nabokov s***show where Detroit signed him for league minimum for playoff insurance with an option to re-sign the following season, and he agreed because he wanted a shot at a Cup. But, he had to clear waivers to re-enter the league. A few teams passed, but Snow couldn't help himself and snagged him. Nabby was pissed, refused to play for awhile, but finally came around when he knew he was stuck with Snow holding his contract re-sign option with Detroit over his head. He's a piece of s***. Guy returns to the league for a final Cup shot with a contender, and you bring him to the bowels of the league in NYI. 

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. IDK

Wonder if there's a deal that can be worked for the 11th overall too. Draft Vilardi.

Snow probably won't trade the rights. The guy is stubborn as hell, i'm sure he thinks the kid will come around. Snow has nothing but time, in which he does nothing.

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Just one of those things, like Why does Milbury still have a broadcasting job? 

This isn't the first time a Russian goalie refused to play for Snow and the Isles. Remember the Nabokov s***show where Detroit signed him for league minimum for playoff insurance with an option to re-sign the following season, and he agreed because he wanted a shot at a Cup. But, he had to clear waivers to re-enter the league. A few teams passed, but Snow couldn't help himself and snagged him. Nabby was pissed, refused to play for awhile, but finally came around when he knew he was stuck with Snow holding his contract re-sign option with Detroit over his head. He's a piece of s***. Guy returns to the league for a final Cup shot with a contender, and you bring him to the bowels of the league in NYI. 

I think Vanek and Wisniewski both refused to play for the Isles as well. Joke organization really.

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It say's the Red Wings are a joke organization... is that what you wanted to hear?

Lefty gonna whoops yo ass with a right hook.

Edited by kickazz

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wisniewski also refused to even consider playing for us....what does that say then.

I know right and Wisniewski is a Detroit kid from Canton next to where i grew up in Westland, Yet didn't want to play for Detroit either. Must say a lot about where this organization is heading.

Wiz was the one to publicly say that Detroit doesn't pay players what they are worth. This was back when he was traded to and re-signed by Columbus before he hit the UFA market. I am sure they are glad they paid him "what he was worth." 

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Wisniewski also refused to even consider playing for us....what does that say then.

That Wisniewski chose an organization with zero playoff appearances at the time over a team that needed a top 4 D to stay a contender. During the time he played in Columbus the Wings continued to be more successful than the BJ's. What does that say about Wizzer?

1 minute ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

That Wisniewski chose an organization with zero playoff appearances at the time over a team that needed a top 4 D to stay a contender. During the time he played in Columbus the Wings continued to be more successful than the BJ's. What does that say about Wizzer?

That was my point. It says he chased money instead of winning. Plus bad mouthed us because "we don't pay what UFA's are worth."  Has he seen some of the contracts Holland has given? :lol:

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Its kinda funny, when Wisniewski made those comments a lot ppl around here said it was true and was why Ken Holland couldnt sign good players anymore. I guess they got what they wished for... overpaid players

Smart fans and players understood that keeping a team a contender requires paying some guys to team friendly deals. Its impossible under the cap to sign every player to fair market value. Guys on ELCs will make less. Vets chasing a cup will take less. Its how it works. Any fans complaining about KH lowballing UFAs and chasing them away clearly had no idea how to run a successful NHL franchise. But then again, for awhile there, neither did Kenny!

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lots of rumors surrounding Carolina obviously.

Canucks are supposedly in on multiple Canes players, two of which being Skinner and Faulk.

I can't imagine what the return on Skinner and Faulk would be... Canucks can have them. Give us Bean and Geekie...

Seriously though, Carolina will be a team to be reckoned with in another year or two...

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

From what little I know - it seems to me that Carolina will continue to be a mess.

That new owner - he wants to be 'involved'...That just screams clusterf**k to me.

I think he said something along the lines of "skill doesnt win cups, character does"

I think he wants a team of Dan Clearys

Also i dont know about the brindamour hiring... old franchise faces rarely work out well. Although were still clamoring to bring back yzerman...

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I can't imagine what the return on Skinner and Faulk would be... Canucks can have them. Give us Bean and Geekie...

Seriously though, Carolina will be a team to be reckoned with in another year or two...

Vancouver's #7 overall to start. If it's a hockey trade, how about Boeser for one of them straight up? I'd do it.

9 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Seriously though, Houston will be a team to be reckoned with in another year or two...

Fixed.