• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

56 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I really doubt Holland moves Howard, but I'd be curious to know what kind of offers he's receiving. If he could get us a couple high picks (2nd / 3rd round), I'd move him and sign any of the UFA goalies as a stop gap before one of the kids emerge.

This could be a reason we took that 2nd goalie yesterday in the 6th round, Victor Brattstrom. He's an over-ager (21 years old), and could be the closest to being NHL ready among all our goalie prospects. I doubt he has the highest ceiling, but has put up great numbers in Sweden's 2nd tier league. He'll be playing in the SHL this season, so we'll see how he performs against the best players in Sweden.

Yeah, I've said it before, but I would be completely fine getting some assets for Howard if we can. There are goalies on the market that I feel will play just as good as he does and won't cost as much. I would say, go out and sign Lehtonen and Hutton/Khudobin. Or Bernier and one of those other guys. As far as drafting 2 goalies, Holland is just trying to get some more depth at a low-depth position. I have no issue drafting a 21-year-old goaltender that late since goalies take longer to develop and come into their own. 

58 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I really doubt Holland moves Howard, but I'd be curious to know what kind of offers he's receiving. If he could get us a couple high picks (2nd / 3rd round), I'd move him and sign any of the UFA goalies as a stop gap before one of the kids emerge.

This could be a reason we took that 2nd goalie yesterday in the 6th round, Victor Brattstrom. He's an over-ager (21 years old), and could be the closest to being NHL ready among all our goalie prospects. I doubt he has the highest ceiling, but has put up great numbers in Sweden's 2nd tier league. He'll be playing in the SHL this season, so we'll see how he performs against the best players in Sweden.

the way our draft went this year id trade howard for a second in a heartbeat , even trade a 3rd and howard for a 2nd and try and stockpile top 60 picks ...just sign whoever and even bring that crap coreau as a backup .... if possible id push hard for samsonov since holtby won the cup but i dont know if that would be doable 

btw guys xavier ouellet on waivers with the purpose of buyout , once again we lose an asset for nothing ... not expecting much but thought we could of landed a 7th at least off the habs lol im 

sure he will go there being french and all , oh well no biggie

47 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Yeah, I've said it before, but I would be completely fine getting some assets for Howard if we can. There are goalies on the market that I feel will play just as good as he does and won't cost as much. I would say, go out and sign Lehtonen and Hutton/Khudobin. Or Bernier and one of those other guys. As far as drafting 2 goalies, Holland is just trying to get some more depth at a low-depth position. I have no issue drafting a 21-year-old goaltender that late since goalies take longer to develop and come into their own. 

I'm not worried about Howard's cap hit. We don't need the cap space anyway. But if we can gain future assets for him, I'm all for it. I just don't see Holland trading him and signing two UFA goaltenders to fill the starter and backup positions.

I don't see goaltending as a low depth position for us at all. I think we have better depth at that position than most teams in the league. We have at least three (Larsson, Petruzzelli, Fulcher) that could be future NHL goaltenders. The problem is, they're all a minimum of 2-3 years away. We just added two more that are in a similar time frame away. We need a stop gap or two added to the organization. Maybe Howard is that guy. Maybe Rybar, or maybe a UFA...

55 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

the way our draft went this year id trade howard for a second in a heartbeat , even trade a 3rd and howard for a 2nd and try and stockpile top 60 picks ...just sign whoever and even bring that crap coreau as a backup .... if possible id push hard for samsonov since holtby won the cup but i dont know if that would be doable 

btw guys xavier ouellet on waivers with the purpose of buyout , once again we lose an asset for nothing ... not expecting much but thought we could of landed a 7th at least off the habs lol im sure he will go there being french and all , oh well no biggie

The Caps just traded Grubauer, I doubt they'd trade Samsonov.

Ouellet needed to go. He's a borderline NHL defenseman taking a spot from a kid in Grand Rapids. I hope he gets claimed but I doubt he will.

51 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Holland will sign 2-3 ufa vets you can count on it, need a calming influence on what will be a very young roster next year (hoping) !! 

How are we going to have a "very young roster" if we "sign 2-3 UFA vets"? We're already the oldest team in the league and we're somehow going to get younger while adding more veterans? There are already plenty of vets on this roster (Zetterberg, Nielsen, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, DeKeyser and possibly Green). How many vets do you want on a rebuilding team? There's absolutely no need to add any more...

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I also seriously doubt Holland will move on from Howard as well, but I would be ok with it at this point if he did. 34 with contract expiring... it might be time if the return is good enough. Although, I think the team is definitely worse off next year if we do this... Lehner/Hutton/Bernier/Lehtonen/Khudobin are all worse and career back ups in my book. The real benefit to moving Howard is freeing up $5 mil plus for this offseason.... and I think Holland only does this if he wants the money to chase Tavares and other big names... however why would a guy like Tavares wanna sign with a team that just unloaded their starting goalie? Bit of a catch 22.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I also seriously doubt Holland will move on from Howard as well, but I would be ok with it at this point if he did. 34 with contract expiring... it might be time if the return is good enough. Although, I think the team is definitely worse off next year if we do this... Lehner/Hutton/Bernier/Lehtonen/Khudobin are all worse and career back ups in my book. The real benefit to moving Howard is freeing up $5 mil plus for this offseason.... and I think Holland only does this if he wants the money to chase Tavares and other big names... however why would a guy like Tavares wanna sign with a team that just unloaded their starting goalie? Bit of a catch 22.

I agree entirely. What do you think would be a reasonable expectation on a return for Howard?

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree entirely. What do you think would be a reasonable expectation on a return for Howard?

A 3rd, maybe a 2nd if someone's desperate. In other words, not enough to make it worth it.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think it might involve retaining some salary, but I expect at least a 2nd. Asking price for Grubauer was a 1st, but he went for a 2nd and taking on Orpik's contract. Grubauer just signed for $3 million and change for 3 years.

34 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

Howard + Nielsen for 2019 : 2nd and 3rd?

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd love a trade involving both Howard and Nielsen to the Islanders. If they lose Tavares, maybe they'd consider it...

Howard + Nielsen + 2019 1st + 2nd + Robbie Russo and Evgeny Nabokov for JT.

18 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

How are we going to have a "very young roster" if we "sign 2-3 UFA vets"? We're already the oldest team in the league and we're somehow going to get younger while adding more veterans? There are already plenty of vets on this roster (Zetterberg, Nielsen, Nyquist, Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Kronwall, Ericsson, Daley, DeKeyser and possibly Green). How many vets do you want on a rebuilding team? There's absolutely no need to add any more...IIknow that you know that but hasI anyone told Kenny? Also you can get younger by signing vets,you sign younger vets than we have and ship out older ones we don't need, thought you could have worked that out KRS. 

Edited by Andy Pred 48

2 hours ago, amato said:

So this leads us to believe that Detroit is not on his list then? The other teams i understand, if Stars why not Wings I wonder? I don't believe they are much closer to being a Cup team.

Edited by LeftWinger

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

So this leads us to believe that Detroit is not on his list then? The other teams i understand, if Stars why not Wings I wonder? I don't believe they are much closer to being a Cup team.

Maybe the wings never reached out to him? Don’t know.. I like Tavares a lot, but seeing as how he might make up to 12 million a year after a bidding war ensues, I’m pretty alright with him going elsewhere. Hopefully it’s the western conference.