• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

This is exactly my thought. I think we'll see him play this season out then hang em up, which I'll be okay with. He's still a productive player obviously, but I imagine it's not easy playing with a chronic back issue.

I think he finishes out this coming season at center then gets moved to wing the following season on Rass's line. If he plays beyond that, it'll probably be on the 3rd line. I really think he wants to finish out his contract so as not to hurt the team, so I think he'll be more willing to take a more supportive role if his health starts to become an issue.

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I think he finishes out this coming season at center then gets moved to wing the following season on Rass's line. If he plays beyond that, it'll probably be on the 3rd line. I really think he wants to finish out his contract so as not to hurt the team, so I think he'll be more willing to take a more supportive role if his health starts to become an issue.

He's done.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Question is why exactly Chicago is balking at that. Is Carolina expecting something big like a 1st or top prospect in addition to Saad, or is he the main piece and Chicago just doesn't want to give him up?

Neither would surprise me. The latter would be a good price, and give some hope that we could make something work. They'd likely ask for Mantha, but maybe we could sell them on Nyquist or AA plus some decent secondary pieces. Like most people I'm not all that high on Faulk anymore, but in our situation we can afford to overpay a little. 

The dumbest GM in the league has just lost his number one defenseman for what could be half of the upcoming season...

We also have a number one defenseman (Jonathan Ericsson) on a great contract...

We could trade Ericsson to Montreal to replace Weber at a very reasonable price. I'm thinking a 2019 2nd round pick should get it done...

25 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Question is why exactly Chicago is balking at that. Is Carolina expecting something big like a 1st or top prospect in addition to Saad, or is he the main piece and Chicago just doesn't want to give him up?

Neither would surprise me. The latter would be a good price, and give some hope that we could make something work. They'd likely ask for Mantha, but maybe we could sell them on Nyquist or AA plus some decent secondary pieces. Like most people I'm not all that high on Faulk anymore, but in our situation we can afford to overpay a little. 

I'm assuming it's just standard negotiating/posturing and Chicago isn't actually out on him.

FWIW:

I imagine one of our top young forwards is the ask (Mantha, like you suggested) and that we might be able to knock that down a bit. Not sure AA/Svechnikov + Nyquist gets them to bite, but, yeah, I'd say that's roughly what Faulk is worth to the Wings.

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well we just locked up AA, so he's probably not going the other way in a Carolina deal me thinks, but I guess it could happen.

I have the bad feeling that AA is gonna be Mrazek 2.0

I don't like it... I don't think Athanasiou has the work ethic/attitude necessary to elevate his game to that next level. At this point, he's a 40 point max player who will have the occasional breakaway highlight play (but you could already see those highlights lessen this past season).

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I don't like it... I don't think Athanasiou has the work ethic/attitude necessary to elevate his game to that next level. At this point, he's a 40 point max player who will have the occasional breakaway highlight play (but you could already see those highlights lessen this past season).

He's Jurco with speed.

On 7/5/2018 at 5:38 PM, SwedeLundin77 said:

I have to disagree. Quite the impressive variety of goals. After watching I am even more glad we re-signed him.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I have to disagree. Quite the impressive variety of goals. After watching I am even more glad we re-signed him.

33 points and a -15.... not exactly banging the door down. When he can show a dedication to playing some semblance of defense, then this contract is worth it, in my opinion. He has the skill to be a 50-60 point player and not be a liability on the defensive side of the ice. So far, he hasn't lived up to the expectation and this team needs a top 4 d-man more so he absolutely should be considered a trade chip along with Nyquist and any of the overpaid players on this roster (which are less likely to be wanted).

6 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

33 points and a -15.... not exactly banging the door down. When he can show a dedication to playing some semblance of defense, then this contract is worth it, in my opinion. He has the skill to be a 50-60 point player and not be a liability on the defensive side of the ice. So far, he hasn't lived up to the expectation and this team needs a top 4 d-man more so he absolutely should be considered a trade chip along with Nyquist and any of the overpaid players on this roster (which are less likely to be wanted).

There were only 4 regulars that weren't a minus last season. Nobody higher than a +3. Larkin was a -9.

13 hours ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Im hearing that Erik Karlsson deal to Tampa Bay should be finialized shortly...waiting on details.

You mean like how Shawn Simpson is still waiting for those deets.

Edited by e_prime