• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

So this means we're getting Karlsson, yeah?

giphy.gif

Mos(t) Def(initely)

...but let's be real.  I don't doubt Karlsson is going to Tampa Bay, but there's certainly work to be done.  Still think the Sens want to dump Bobby Ryan with Karlsson... but I doubt many folks are willing to take that on.  ...but a third team gets involved?  NJ or the Rags?  Especially if the Rangers get involved.  You know how they loooovvvveeee to work together.  Callahan back to NYC?

Edited by e_prime

50 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah, the kid sure can cherry pick with the best of em. But guess what? That isn't winning hockey. 

1) Wings need this coach.

2) Wings need to embrace the selfish hockey described at the end of the video.

3) AA will thrive by playing selfish hockey.

Never stopped Brett Hull from being a HoF'er.

BTW, here:

Here are his goals from 16-17, most of them are NOT breakaway goals.

I don't get the hate for AA. He is EASILY the most electric player on the team. I get that he could and would be the first name listed in a trade for a D-man, but he is one of the top 4 best players on the team. I am thinking that These haters are the same ones that booed Fedorov.

23 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I have to disagree. Quite the impressive variety of goals. After watching I am even more glad we re-signed him.

So he basically stands at center ice, waits for a pass from the the other guys who are actually playing defense, then skates in and scores on a breakaway. And yet he still only scored 16 goals in 71 games played. I expect a lot more from a guy who is all offense. Imagine what his numbers would be if he actually played defense?

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

BTW, here:

I don't get the hate for AA. He is EASILY the most electric player on the team. I get that he could and would be the first name listed in a trade for a D-man, but he is one of the top 4 best players on the team. I am thinking that These haters are the same ones that booed Fedorov.

Disagree. Z, Mantha, Larkin, Nielsen, Green, Nyquist, and Daley are all better hockey players than AA.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

BTW, here:

He's one of the 4 best players on this team? Really? Who are the 3 ahead of him?

16 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

There were only 4 regulars that weren't a minus last season. Nobody higher than a +3. Larkin was a -9.

What's your point? We had a losing season. That means most of the team will be minus....

AA had the worst plus/minus of any regular. Which isn't surprising as he's known for cheating on defense.

Who was plus last year? Zetterberg, Nielsen, Helm, and Dekeyser. Which isn't surprising, they're probably our 4 most defensively responsible players.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

53 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

With Hank's future in Detroit in doubt - does Holland 'do sumthin' in the form of a trade to shore up our forward lines?

Pacioretty is still available (by all means I'm not suggesting we acquire him - just some lively banter is all).

Forgive my ignorance btw with the cap, and what room we'd have with Hank on LTIR if it were to go that route.

EDIT - as bad as this sounds - if Holland could move a contract, or 2 to Edmonton, or have Chiarelli eat 50% of the contract - I'd take that knuckle-dragger Lucic off their hands...Maybe it's the Macallan talkin (yeah - I work 3rd shift - so what) but am I the only one here who wouldn't mind seeing a guy capable of scoring approx 20 goals - punch some faces - and spearing the occasional opponent on our squad?

Honestly I think there are enough centers on this team that is Z did go LTIR, (which BTW we could save up to $6.083M if needed I believe) to replace his roster spot.

Larkin, AA, Nielsen, Helm, Glenny.

Imagine these two top lines:

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - AA - Betuzzi

(or any other combo of those 6)

followed by:

Nyquist - Nielsen - Vanek

Abby - Glenny - Helm

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly I think there are enough centers on this team that is Z did go LTIR, (which BTW we could save up to $6.083M if needed I believe) to replace his roster spot.

Larkin, AA, Nielsen, Helm, Glenny.

Imagine these two top lines:

Zadina - Larkin - Mantha

Rasmussen - AA - Betuzzi

(or any other combo of those 6)

followed by:

Nyquist - Nielsen - Vanek

Abby - Glenny - Helm

On no planet does AA deserve to be 2C. 

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's one of the 4 best players on this team? Really? Who are the 3 ahead of him?

What's your point? We had a losing season. That means most of the team will be minus....

AA had the worst plus/minus of any regular. Which isn't surprising as he's known for cheating on defense.

Who was plus last year? Zetterberg, Nielsen, Helm, and Dekeyser. Which isn't surprising, they're probably our 4 most defensively responsible players.

2dmfc9.jpg

39 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Just for fun, where would he end up if a person were to rank the entire team? 

Probably the 8th best forward, and 12th best player.   ?   ?

Generous.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dude, hes the 4th best player on the team

I tend to agree. He's #4 or #5 in my book. If you had a clean slate and listed guys you wanted going forward to rebuild his name would fall 4 or 5 and that's where I view him. Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, AA.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

12th best? What 4 defensemen would you take over AA? I can't think of one I'd keep over him. You guys are awfully harsh on him. He's about ready to bloom. We complain about offense and scoring then complain he can't play defense. Maybe if we had real defensemen on this team we could let our offense play offense.

1 hour ago, e_prime said:

I can think of two netminders that rank above AA as far as “better players.” So really, you only need two D better than AA. Easy peasy.

Our two netminders struggle with mediocrity, have a hard time believing you aren’t joking.

so if I gave you a clean slate and said keep your best talent you’d keep Howard? Really? 

5 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Among skaters? If we're going strictly going by productivity (not contracts). I would rank AA above Jensen, Hicketts, E, Kronwall, Glendening, Wit, Helm, Frk, and Svech.

4 hours ago, MileHighWingsGuy said:

I tend to agree. He's #4 or #5 in my book. If you had a clean slate and listed guys you wanted going forward to rebuild his name would fall 4 or 5 and that's where I view him. Larkin, Mantha, Zadina, AA.

12th best? What 4 defensemen would you take over AA? I can't think of one I'd keep over him. You guys are awfully harsh on him. He's about ready to bloom. We complain about offense and scoring then complain he can't play defense. Maybe if we had real defensemen on this team we could let our offense play offense.

So forwards aren't supposed to play any defense? How bad the D is has nothing to do with it. Even F on the teams with the best D corps still play a 2 way game. AA doesn't. The criticism is warranted. AA may be younger than Green, Daley, and DD, but that doesn't make his contribution more valuable, nor does it make him a better player than any of them.

22 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I agree, but I think AA has a really high ceiling. I'm excited to see what he'll do this year, may have to shorten that list.

He has the ability to be "Helm with Hands". Which isn't a bad thing. He could actually be a much better player if he would learn to play a 2 way game. Even then, I disagree that he has a high ceiling. He is a middle 6 winger at best.

6 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

On no planet does AA deserve to be 2C. 

PLanet LGW