• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nobodies talking about it, but Karlsson ALREADY is a Red Wing

Ryan Whitney mentioned on the spittin' chicklets podcast that Cleary put on this trip. Does anyone have any doubt that there's secret motive to butter up Karlsson?

If we're whispering in his ear, I just hope the message is "No sign-and-trade. Hit the open market next summer. We'll be waiting."

If he can make it to next summer, I think we have a decent shot at landing him.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

If we're whispering in his ear, I just hope the message is "No sign-and-trade. Hit the open market next summer. We'll be waiting."

If he can make it to next summer, I think we have a decent shot at landing him.

I'm already hard as diamonds dude

brilliant.jpg

To play devils advocate, maybe that is the holdup in any trades going down, Karlsson want to become a UFA next July, maybe he doesn't want to get traded already signed. It's quite possible that he has a team or two that he wants to play in and he just doesn't want to signed a deal with any of these teams that are willing to give up the ransom to have him this year. You never know... maybe we'll be looking at DD selling his #65 come July 2019. I mean, do you think he'd take one and stay in Ottawa for his last season in order to get to UFA? Obviously there is no team going to pay a ransom for a one year rental. Maybe he could get dealt at the TDL for a playoff run for a contender.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

The 'La Gloria Cubana' sticks we can buy 'legally' here in the states has it's primary HQ in the DR, but apparently there's still the original factory in Cuba.

Per Wiki 'La Gloria Cubana is the name of two premium cigar brands, one produced on the island of Cuba for Habanos SA, the Cuban state-owned tobacco company, and other produced in the Dominican Republic by El Credito Cigar Company for General Cigar Company, now a subsidiary of Swedish Match.'

Huh, never had one.

Always thought Cubanos were extremely overrated. I've had a lot of Domincans that I thought were just as good if not better.

Get that Nicaraguan trash outta here

If I'm Karlsson I'm f*cking Ottawa as hard as I can on this one. As in: I'm doing everything I can to reduce their trade return. As in: I'll only go as a one year rental, then I'm hitting the wind as a UFA.

edit:

(then I'm signing with Detroit so I can help Zadina "fill Ottawa's net with pucks")

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Just now, F.Michael said:

Whaaaa :shock: ?

Nic sticks are great...CAO, Drew Estate, Padron, Oliva, Roma Craft are just a few that use Nicaraguan tobacco, and/or have fields/manufacturing there.

Even though I have never had a real Cuban - I've heard that they're much different than what we have here in the States...More of a 'mineral' flavor that is unique to the soil of Cuba.

CAO and Padron are pretty excellent, I think they both source from Dom Rep too thou

Idk, I've had Cubans (at least I think) and just didn't understand the hype. They're probably different, but idk about better. Probably beyond my taste buds.

28 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

If I'm Karlsson I'm f*cking Ottawa as hard as I can on this one. As in: I'm doing everything I can to reduce their trade return. As in: I'll only go as a one year rental, then I'm hitting the wind as a UFA.

edit:

(then I'm signing with Detroit so I can help Zadina "fill Ottawa's net with pucks")

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he doesn't want to play for any of these teams that are willing to trade for him now (with the extension in place and Bobby Ryan.) At the deadline, Ottawa could turn him for at least a knights ransom, instead of a kings, to a contender who just wants that rental for a Cup run, at the TDL someone could take on Ryan's contract as well, when they have more cap room available. I, for one, do not want to trade for him, but would love to offer him the world in July to finish his career here in Little Sweden...but, by then, we'll be more of a Michigan Mafia.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

edit:

You're not Karlsson. 

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Another one

Karlsson with the handoff to Athanasiou

These two already have great chemistry together

Glad to see you recognizing the player that is better than Nyquist

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Karlsson to Athanasiou, HE SCORES!

Erik wants to be a Red Wing so badly...

LOL. The first one is a result of great forechecking by Nyquist. The 2nd one was a result of Nyquist doing a great job of bringing the puck into the offensive zone and getting the puck to the net. AA floated on both of those. Neither would have been scored if not for Nyquist's hard work.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

LOL. The first one is a result of great forechecking by Nyquist. The 2nd one was a result of Nyquist doing a great job of bringing the puck into the offensive zone and getting the puck to the net. A floated on both of those.

The first one you speak of was a great forecheck by Nyquist, but since when is finding the open spot on the ice in the O-Zone considered floating?

The 2nd one you speak of you need to watch again and see exactly who it was who brought the puck into the O-Zone and made a great pass to Nyquis and then was in the right spot at the right time for the loose puck.

1st one of the video he makes John Carlson look like a peewee, as he does with Oduya. It's amazing how much AA makes All-Star and All-World D-Men look like minor leaguer's.

Just look at the Columbus goal, AA is floating around doing his best Holmstrom impersonation. Is that what Holmer did best? Float?

The Philly goal AA makes the poke check to free the puck, then uses his lightning speed to blast past the defenders and receive the pass perfectly and embarrass yet another goalie.

Pit goal, right off the bench at the right moment, perfect pass up the seam. Speed got him between the two defenders. Can't call that floating.

2nd Philly goal, was deep in the D-Zone covering his man, then used his lightning speed to jump on the loose puck, result? Embarrassed goalie.

Boston goal on the PP, just a perfect shot from the slot, he had a man on him, were they both floating?

Tampa goal, again, when is finding yourself the open spot in the O-Zone called floating? He was in the mess of players and got himself open for the one timer.

Columbus Shootout goal...well, yo can say he was out there at center by himself on that one... :P

If we're honestly going to call ANY of those goals "floating" around, you should watch the 15-16 Larkin Video that comes up, very, VERY similar goal selections...man we got a bunch of floaters on this team.

AA is legit and is a huge part of this team. Most electric goal scorer on the team.  Until we see what Zadina can do...

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

The first one you speak of was a great forecheck by Nyquist, but since when is finding the open spot on the ice in the O-Zone considered floating?

The 2nd one you speak of you need to watch again and see exactly who it was who brought the puck into the O-Zone and made a great pass to Nyquis and then was in the right spot at the right time for the loose puck.

1st one of the video he makes John Carlson look like a peewee, as he does with Oduya. It's amazing how much AA makes All-Star and All-World D-Men look like minor leaguer's.

Just look at the Columbus goal, AA is floating around doing his best Holmstrom impersonation. Is that what Holmer did best? Float?

The Philly goal AA makes the poke check to free the puck, then uses his lightning speed to blast past the defenders and receive the pass perfectly and embarrass yet another goalie.

Pit goal, right off the bench at the right moment, perfect pass up the seam. Speed got him between the two defenders. Can't call that floating.

2nd Philly goal, was deep in the D-Zone covering his man, then used his lightning speed to jump on the loose puck, result? Embarrassed goalie.

Boston goal on the PP, just a perfect shot from the slot, he had a man on him, were they both floating?

Tampa goal, again, when is finding yourself the open spot in the O-Zone called floating? He was in the mess of players and got himself open for the one timer.

Columbus Shootout goal...well, yo can say he was out there at center by himself on that one... :P

If we're honestly going to call ANY of those goals "floating" around, you should watch the 15-16 Larkin Video that comes up, very, VERY similar goal selections...man we got a bunch of floaters on this team.

AA is legit and is a huge part of this team. Most electric goal scorer on the team.  Until we see what Zadina can do...

How come when Franzen does it he's a floater, but not when AA does it he isn't? Hmmmm....

Umm..Who was the guy that actually went into the high traffiic area with the puck and put it on net? ANd who was the guy that avoided the same high traffic area and hung back away from the play?

If Johnny "A little dab" Oduya is an All-Star/All-World Defenseman than I am currently banging Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence.

TBH, I stopped watching after the 2nd goal when I realized that it was just fake news Pro-AA propaganda.

Larkin actually plays a 200 foot game and has a great work ethic. I don't think AA has ever skated past the face off circles on either end of the ice except for breakaways.

AA is great at benefitting from his teammates' hard work. I will give you that. That's the problem. He a finisher, nothing more.

32 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

How come when Franzen does it he's a floater, but not when AA does it he isn't? Hmmmm....

Umm..Who was the guy that actually went into the high traffiic area with the puck and put it on net? ANd who was the guy that avoided the same high traffic area and hung back away from the play?

If Johnny "A little dab" Oduya is an All-Star/All-World Defenseman than I am currently banging Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawrence.

TBH, I stopped watching after the 2nd goal when I realized that it was just fake news Pro-AA propaganda.

Larkin actually plays a 200 foot game and has a great work ethic. I don't think AA has ever skated past the face off circles on either end of the ice except for breakaways.

AA is great at benefitting from his teammates' hard work. I will give you that. That's the problem. He a finisher, nothing more.

Oh, just like the Omnipotent 2008 Franzen, 27 goals 11 assists....finisher, nothing more.

It's ok, whether someone thinks he a floater, or if someone thinks he is a more rounded player that is offensive minded, his 25+ goals this season are going to be highlight reel ones and they'll help this team.