• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

The first one you speak of was a great forecheck by Nyquist, but since when is finding the open spot on the ice in the O-Zone considered floating?

The 2nd one you speak of you need to watch again and see exactly who it was who brought the puck into the O-Zone and made a great pass to Nyquis and then was in the right spot at the right time for the loose puck.

1st one of the video he makes John Carlson look like a peewee, as he does with Oduya. It's amazing how much AA makes All-Star and All-World D-Men look like minor leaguer's.

Just look at the Columbus goal, AA is floating around doing his best Holmstrom impersonation. Is that what Holmer did best? Float?

The Philly goal AA makes the poke check to free the puck, then uses his lightning speed to blast past the defenders and receive the pass perfectly and embarrass yet another goalie.

Pit goal, right off the bench at the right moment, perfect pass up the seam. Speed got him between the two defenders. Can't call that floating.

2nd Philly goal, was deep in the D-Zone covering his man, then used his lightning speed to jump on the loose puck, result? Embarrassed goalie.

Boston goal on the PP, just a perfect shot from the slot, he had a man on him, were they both floating?

Tampa goal, again, when is finding yourself the open spot in the O-Zone called floating? He was in the mess of players and got himself open for the one timer.

Columbus Shootout goal...well, yo can say he was out there at center by himself on that one... :P

If we're honestly going to call ANY of those goals "floating" around, you should watch the 15-16 Larkin Video that comes up, very, VERY similar goal selections...man we got a bunch of floaters on this team.

AA is legit and is a huge part of this team. Most electric goal scorer on the team.  Until we see what Zadina can do...

I enjoyed this highlight video way more than those "Goals of 2017-18" ones. More hype and well made. A lot less play before the goal thou.

You can describe every goal anyway you want Lefty, I don't disagree with you. The kid is lightning in a bottle. So much fun to watch. Every single time he steps on the ice and I see #72 out there my brain goes "oh s***,  Athanasiou's out there" in anticipation. When I tune in this season, Athanasiou is going to be one of the largest reasons why.

Where I disagree with you is here:

AA is legit and is a huge part of this team.

He's not a huge part of this team. Not yet anyway. Huge parts of teams approach 20 minutes a night. Athanasiou plays 15. Less than Helm and Nielsen. Huge parts of teams breach 50 pts. Athanasiou had 33.

We can talk about how he had worse linemates and how Blashill's an idiot who doesn't give him enough minutes. But at the end of the day it doesn't change a thing. He's simply not a major integral part of the Red Wings... yet.

And I'm not just being generous when I say "yet". I really think this kid has the chops to be a very very good player, and "legit huge part of this team". The kid can score with fashion. Dastyuk had fashion. And speaking of Datsyuk, and I feel like no one ever talks about this, but Athanasiou is totally underrated when it comes to stealing the puck. When he wants it and he works for it, it's his. He's got the same sneaky stick Datsyuk had.

And this ties in nicely to my point,

I want this kid to be a Datsyuk, or at least come as close as he can. We both know he can score... So now that we know that, my attention is on the rest of his game... I see he knows how to steal the puck, I just don't see the effort to do so on a regular basis. I think as a total package (right now) AA's game has a lot of resemblance to Thomas Vanek. And it sorta makes sense, they're gonna be paid identical salaries this year. AA and Vanek are both very talented offensive players, but outside of that area of their game, they don't bring a whole lot. One-dimensional. I don't want AA to be the next Thomas Vanek, I want AA to be the next Datysuk. And it's the Red Wings job to try to get him there while he's still young and learning.

If he wants bigger minutes I would expect to see him improve his compete level at defense, and not just on single anecdotal plays, but every. single. shift... I think he has a lot of potential to make big growth there.  I wanna see him winning more board battles. I admittedly wanna see more breakaways because I adore breakaways and I'm selfish, but I really wanna see more points coming from plays in the offensive zone, cycling the puck. I think that's really important, he's nowhere close to Larkin's high level instincts/vision/playmaking-ability yet.

I think we can both agree that he shows the potential to be a really great player one day, but I would simply point out, he isn't there yet. When I see his game start to round out and grow, my opinion of him will grow with it.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

6 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh, just like the Omnipotent 2008 Franzen, 27 goals 11 assists....finisher, nothing more.

It's ok, whether someone thinks he a floater, or if someone thinks he is a more rounded player that is offensive minded, his 25+ goals this season are going to be highlight reel ones and they'll help this team.

If AA eclipses 25 goals and 50 points in a season, I will go out and buy a #72 jersey and post here with the caption "I became an AA heretic, but now I am reconfirmed". Somehow I think my $125 is safe.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:18 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's baffling to me, yes.

Ericsson plays poorly: BUY HIM OUT

Abdelkader is #6 in scoring: NOT GOOD ENOUGH, DEMOTE HIM

Nyquist & Tatar not carrying the team: TRADE THEM

Helm & Glendening don't score: OVERPAID, GET RIDE OF EM

Mrazek has possibly the worst play/stats for a roster goalie: PLAY HIM MORE.... wait what?

It just doesn't make sense. I think this fanbase still needs a lot more time to get over the fact that Mrazek is not only not special like the Wings promised he would be, but that he's not even a little good. It's a big blow. I don't think we've hit the acceptance stage yet. And of course there's those who will never accept it cause "da ret wings mishanded him, oderwise he wud done be a dominator"

I can happily say we're now in the acceptance stage and recovering quickly

On 1/31/2018 at 9:39 PM, chaps80 said:

If Mrazek is kept around past the deadline and he keeps playing regularity at the level he has recently, they will either try to negotiate a longer deal or qualify him for one year if they have to. Either way, they won’t let him walk. That would indeed be foolish.

This did not age well.

Can anyone else believe that Philly didn't give a $4 million qualifier to a terrible back up goalie? Shocking, I know.

On 2/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Howard is beyond safe. Keep dreamin nerds.

Get f***ed nerds

17 minutes ago, mackel said:

Bylsma will be the head coach by Christmas.

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I'd be shocked if that happened - however I do see Bylsma as the Wings head coach starting with the 2019-2020 season.

I'd be shocked if either happened. Blashill will be extended.

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yep because Blashill can actually coach. He's just a bit of a project. Much like the entire organization right now. 

Yeah, Blash isn't half as bad of a coach as most Red Wings fans claim. He's just had very little to work with thus far. I wouldn't mind if he were extended to see what he can do with the young core once some of the vets retire / move on.

10 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

And that is what will hold AA, and others, back.

I hope Bylsma still has something left.

Actually. You should be glad that Blashill is Coach. Imagine if Bowman was coaching this team. He was having some of the same issues with Fedorov, who is 10 times the player AA is, so he put him on D. Luckily for Bowman, he could afford to do that, but Blashill can't. He has to play AA. If Bowman was still Coach of this team, AA would be playing even less than he is now, if Bowman kept him on the team at all.

5 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

I'm not even flexing bro 

What is your workout routine?

• Bench Press. Allows you to stress your body with heavy weights. Forget about getting a bigger chest if you can’t at least bench your body-weight for 5×5 (so at least 160lbs for 5×5 if you weigh 160lbs).
  • Push-ups. Closed-chain exercise. Useless done for reps without added resistance. Do Push-ups against a resistance band or weighted.
  • Weighted Dips. If your shoulders can take them: dips between parallel bars while wearing a belt with weight will build your chest muscles.
  • Dumbbell Press. Increase chest growth by stretching your pecs on the way down. But you can’t use as much weight as with barbells.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What is your workout routine?

• Bench Press. Allows you to stress your body with heavy weights. Forget about getting a bigger chest if you can’t at least bench your body-weight for 5×5 (so at least 160lbs for 5×5 if you weigh 160lbs).
  • Push-ups. Closed-chain exercise. Useless done for reps without added resistance. Do Push-ups against a resistance band or weighted.
  • Weighted Dips. If your shoulders can take them: dips between parallel bars while wearing a belt with weight will build your chest muscles.
  • Dumbbell Press. Increase chest growth by stretching your pecs on the way down. But you can’t use as much weight as with barbells.

Just a few of my training videos if you're interesting in getting in shape these are my basic training techniques