• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I hate you all for getting me to watch DBZ now. Thanks a lot.

But yet that's what you wanted 

21 hours ago, kickazz said:

And this is my workout. Every night. 

Look at you always trying to be better than me, and always being 1 step behind still 

23 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

But yet that's what you wanted 

Look at you always trying to be better than me, and always being 1 step behind still 

My god form is currently stronger than yours and you can’t go ultra instinct anymore

plus I have a hotter wife 

Edited by kickazz

On 7/1/2018 at 7:11 PM, kickazz said:

He basically only showed up to games end of last season. 

I wasn't lying when I posted this. But here's the proof since it's officially public knowledge now. 

“If people saw what he went through (last season) in order to play, they would expect him not to play. He didn’t practice the whole second half of the season. He just played games because he couldn’t get his back to be able to go through the rigors of everyday.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2018/7/14/17569628/quick-hits-the-great-unknown-edition-detroit-red-wings-henrik-zetterberg-will-he-play-next-season

If he comes back in the 2018/19 he should get the Masterton Trophy. 

Edited by kickazz

It confuses the s*** out of me why the f*** Zetterberg was still playing upwards of 20 minutes a night, even after we were "mathematically eliminated", if he was in that much pain on a day to day basis, that he couldn't even practice. I still say he will play this season (at least partial), to hopefully hit 1000 points, but it will really piss me off if he's "forced" to retire (LTIR), after seeing him continue to get top minutes the past couple seasons. If he was struggling that much with back pain, his minutes should have been cut big time, and maybe even put on the wing. I just want one more season of Z...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It confuses the s*** out of me why the f*** Zetterberg was still playing upwards of 20 minutes a night, even after we were "mathematically eliminated", if he was in that much pain on a day to day basis, that he couldn't even practice. I still say he will play this season (at least partial), to hopefully hit 1000 points, but it will really piss me off if he's "forced" to retire (LTIR), after seeing him continue to get top minutes the past couple seasons. If he was struggling that much with back pain, his minutes should have been cut big time, and maybe even put on the wing. I just want one more season of Z...

He's too competitive and honestly he was still our best player the last 3 seasons. Maybe Larkin was the better one during a lot of last season but for sure the season before that and in 2016 it was all him. 

Plus it's not that uncommon to skip practice and play games. I did that in high school Lacrosse during my last season back in the day when I had my meniscal injury. No way would I have been able to do the practice drills, but playing games was much better and less demanding. 

Edited by kickazz

34 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He's too competitive and honestly he was still our best player the last 3 seasons. Maybe Larkin was the better one during a lot of last season but for sure the season before that and in 2016 it was all him. 

Plus it's not that uncommon to skip practice and play games. I did that in high school Lacrosse during my last season back in the day when I had my meniscal injury. No way would I have been able to do the practice drills, but playing games was much better and less demanding. 

I completely agree that he's extremely competitive, which is why I fully expect him to play this season. I also agree that he's still one of our top players, but when when you're in that much pain to be contemplating retirement, you'd have to think once the team was out of it, they should have probably eased off the heavy usage. That's all I'm saying.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

It confuses the s*** out of me why the f*** Zetterberg was still playing upwards of 20 minutes a night, even after we were "mathematically eliminated", if he was in that much pain on a day to day basis, that he couldn't even practice.

I suspect Blashill lets Z have the final say about his usage.

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

why

Callin' me fat. Makin' fun of my workouts.

Y'all are stone-cold racist against demons. Don't think I don't see how it is.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He's getting lazy though.  Zetterberg used to play such a strong 2 way game.  Now he camps out a lot and waits for breakout passes.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It's a Mr. T world now.

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Not racist. Ypure just an evil fat stupid demon. We still love you though. Hell vegita was a stupid evil villain too before. He just fell madly in love with me and became good 

41 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

Not racist. Ypure just an evil fat stupid demon. We still love you though. Hell vegita was a stupid evil villain too before. He just fell madly in love with me and became good 

I'm still a villain. Here's my most recent kill.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

Edited by kickazz

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I completely agree that he's extremely competitive, which is why I fully expect him to play this season. 

The only problem is that these players hit the reset button this summer and have to start conditioning and training again ending with camp in sept. I imagine that is something his body may not handle well even if it can play 20 minute games (his ice time). 

He could go light this summer and skip camp in September but he’ll probably be even slower and worse. 

Edited by kickazz

59 minutes ago, kickazz said:

The only problem is that these players hit the reset button this summer and have to start conditioning and training again ending with camp in sept. I imagine that is something his body may not handle well even if it can play 20 minute games (his ice time). 

He could go light this summer and skip camp in September but he’ll probably be even slower and worse. 

Assuming Zetterberg plays this season, I don't expect a big drop off in production. I still think he's more than capable of putting up around 50 points. As long as they can manage his ice time, I think he'll be fine. He's changed up his workout routine over the past few offseasons too, so I assume he would stick to whatever has been working for him. I just don't see how he can play back-to-back-to-back full seasons, and all of a sudden go on LTIR (once his salary is cut in half) without the league digging deep into it. They may even call bulls***, leaving us in a similar situation as the Hawks with Hossa. I'd be shocked if Zetterberg is placed on LTIR for this full season. I think he still has some gas in the ol' tank.

I wasn't aware until I heard the interview with Blash that he didn't even practice with the team last year.   Its not sounding good to me about Z returning, nor would I really want him to at that cost.  Like Kickazz said he already should be in full conditioning, he didn't practice with the team last year and played less minutes so without any conditioning or team practices this season I don't see the point of coming back.   His minutes will be reduced even more and he will most certainly be a losing a step on these young guns.  If its true he cant train or practice then Z needs to hang em up, the beards got nothing to prove at the end of his glorious career.

3 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I wasn't aware until I heard the interview with Blash that he didn't even practice with the team last year.   Its not sounding good to me about Z returning, nor would I really want him to at that cost.  Like Kickazz said he already should be in full conditioning, he didn't practice with the team last year and played less minutes so without any conditioning or team practices this season I don't see the point of coming back.   His minutes will be reduced even more and he will most certainly be a losing a step on these young guns.  If its true he cant train or practice then Z needs to hang em up, the beards got nothing to prove at the end of his glorious career.

He played all 82 games three years in a row and 78 the year before that. The fact that he "wasn't able to practice" at the end of last season doesn't concern me that much. I'm sure it was precautionary more than anything, and saving the energy for what mattered (games). Although, I'd argue games didn't matter much at the end of last season either... His minutes will and should be decreased at the stage of his career anyway. Larkin and Nielsen are more than capable of picking up the slack. I'm not too worried about Zetterberg "losing a step" when it comes to his skating, because Z has never been a very good skater. He's always relied more on his hockey IQ and positioning. He can still protect the puck as good as anyone in the league, and he'll always have the vision and passing ability. I wouldn't be concerned with any major drop off from last season from Z.

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Assuming Zetterberg plays this season, I don't expect a big drop off in production. I still think he's more than capable of putting up around 50 points. As long as they can manage his ice time, I think he'll be fine. He's changed up his workout routine over the past few offseasons too, so I assume he would stick to whatever has been working for him. I just don't see how he can play back-to-back-to-back full seasons, and all of a sudden go on LTIR (once his salary is cut in half) without the league digging deep into it. They may even call bulls***, leaving us in a similar situation as the Hawks with Hossa. I'd be shocked if Zetterberg is placed on LTIR for this full season. I think he still has some gas in the ol' tank.

He'll be an easy in for the LTIR. He's got a medical diagnosis that's official. I'm not surprised he played 82 games and 20 minutes every other night and didn't practice. The question is can he do the 2-3 hours of conditioning per day. That's a whole different beast. And that's probably why there's all the question marks. I think if he's able to do the summer training then he comes back and plays another 82 game season. The question is can he even do the training? If not then, he simply won't be ready to play adequately since he would be out of shape.  

Edited by kickazz