• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Source? That is MASSIVE overpayment. No way the Hawks give up that package, and no way the Canes get anything close to that asking price...

Nyquist and 2019 2nd round pick (NYI). I doubt that is close either, but I wouldn't give up much more than that.

I actually don't know where it's originating from, but I've seen it popping up in comment sections across multiple different hockey-related platforms. Probably Fake News. Either way, I think it makes sense as a standard "I'm gonna ask for way too much and you're gonna offer way too little" demand.

17 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I actually don't know where it's originating from, but I've seen it popping up in comment sections across multiple different hockey-related platforms. Probably Fake News. Either way, I think it makes sense as a standard "I'm gonna ask for way too much and you're gonna offer way too little" demand.

Wow. That. Is. Not. Okay. To use as a source. 

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

Word on the street is the current ask for Faulk is Nick Schmaltz + (Chicago's) 2019 1st.

Schmaltz is a perfect target for Carolina: a 22-year-old right-shooting centerman coming off a 51-point season. I'd say Larkin is a pretty good comparable.

The asking price for Justin Faulk was Brandon Saad and Stan Bowman said No. Schmaltz+2019 1st  for Faulk Carolina is crazy.

Edited by LoveMyRedWings56

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Right? I can't wait to rid this team of the useless Nyquist - Zetterberg - Franzen - Kronwall - Ericsson, so we can make room for Elfstrom - Holmstrom - Berggren - Malmstrom - Lindstrom... :w00t2:

Close enough to bring us back to the good old days.

But despite my initial reaction to him (of course I was not in a great mental state to begin with,)  I am really looking forward to seeing Berggren play.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Close enough to bring us back to the good old days.

But despite my initial reaction to him (of course I was not in a great mental state to begin with,)  I am really looking forward to seeing Berggren play.

The more I hear about him, the more excited I get. Hopefully he ends up being a big steal. 

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ha ha ha.  Our wannabe stingy fantasy trader GM!  Please take Kenny's job and work your deals!

I don't particularly want Faulk, given where we're at in our rebuild, his age, and the fact that he's two years away from unrestricted free agency. But yeah, I should want to overpay for him just for the hell of it right? I don't really want the player, but f*** it, offer up Larkin and 2nd anyway, just to shake things up... kickazz and others think you're baiting, but I think you might actually be that dumb...

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Saarijarvi and a 4th for him.

No, that's what I'd give up for Jeff Skinner... You know why? Because he's another player I don't think we should give anything of significance up for. Why the f*** would we give up a big package for a player closing in on free agency, when we're a rebuilding team? The only teams that should be in on Karlsson, Faulk, Skinner, Pacioretty, Duchene, etc. are the teams that feel they are ready to go on a Cup run in the next year (two years in Faulk's case). Do you think Faulk (or any pending UFA) puts us over the top in the next year or two? No? Well why the f*** would you offer up anything other than scraps for any of these players? Nyquist will likely fetch us a 2nd round pick + from a contending team. What do you think a non-playoff team would offer for him, knowing he's not going to help them this year, and they may or may not be able to extend him beyond this year? Jack s***, that's what they'd offer, and rightfully so... I know you probably still won't understand this, but that's on you... Once there's a player (defenseman) on the market that I'd actually want (24 years old or younger, with term remaining), then I'd suggest a reasonable package. Until then, you're right, I'll throw out lowball, s*** offers. Pacioretty? Sadowy, Hicketts and a 6th round pick in 2023...

Yah.  I'm not against Swedes.  Just the current ones.

That's because you blindly hate players based on what's being said on social media. I doubt you even watch the games based on your dumba** comments...

26 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You stink at trades, and that's ok!

"Larkin and Mantha for McDavid.  I know Edmonton probably wouldnt do it.  But I'd start low."

You don't understand that each time you say "probably wouldn't do it", it really is "no chance in hell".  As in, you aren't even in the same universe.  High on mushrooms and purple haze while listening to the gorillas type stoned.

And that's what I like about you.  You imagine yourself as this shrewd wheelin', dealin' GM who can mastermind the best deals in history.  In reality tho, you have 1 player that you COULD possibly make a deal with to get something of value for the team, but you are unwilling to part with him.  

Yeah... I didn't think you'd get it...

You're not smart, and that's ok!

I wouldn't give up much for a player I don't have much interest in, and you're somehow surprised by that... You're acting as if I said, "I really think we should go after Justin Faulk!!! He's exactly what this team needs!!! We should offer them Nyquist and a 2nd!!!" When in reality, I don't think we should go after Faulk at all, and I only would if we could get him for dirt cheap, even acknowledging that it wouldn't happen.

I don't imagine myself as a GM, let alone a good one. I do know one thing for sure though, if you were a GM, you'd rival Bergevin and Chiarelli for stupidity...

Apparently I'm not smart either though for entertaining your bulls***. But whatever, I'm bored and just want to talk hockey, even if it's a mind numbing debate...

Just out of curiosity, what would you offer for Faulk? This should be good...

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Cholowski + Green (half salary retained) + 2021 1st.

That would be my starting offer.

Would add 2022 2nd if pressed.

So we sign Green, then a week later, trade him AND eat half his salary... We also lose one of our top two defense prospects, plus a 1st round pick (and maybe a 2nd round pick) for a player that will likely walk in two years time... F***ing Brilliant! We just lost two key pieces (three if you add the 2nd round pick) that would be part of our rebuild, and have absolutely nothing to show for it... Thanks Bergevelli!

I have no issue losing any of the pieces you mentioned, or several others, if the player we're trading for isn't soon to be a UFA, or if we were ready to go on a Cup run. This is not a trade that a rebuilding team should be looking to make. I get it though, you want change for the sake of change, even if it sets the team back long term. That's the way Bergevin and Chiarelli run their team as well, which is why they're the laughing stock of the league...

5 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If I told you 20 year old Jakub Kindl, Green, and pick #22 in 2021, then how would you feel?

This is very difficult for you to grasp isn't it?

I still wouldn't do it. Why would you give up assets for two years of a player when we're nowhere close to ready to contend? Faulk will most likely test free agency two years from now. We're not winning anything in those two years. So WHY? Explain what that move accomplishes, aside from making a move just for the sake of making a move...

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Is Faulk better than Green?  Just answer me that.

At this stage of their careers Faulk is better, but not by a large margin. If I had the choice between two more years of Green or two years of Faulk, I'd choose the latter every time.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If I told you 20 year old Jakub Kindl, Green, and pick #22 in 2021, then how would you feel?

Like you should go back to harassing goats on bridges. Your proposal is worse than his, considering it's not at all the type of package that Carolina is reportedly looking for.

I think Faulk would be a good addition, and I wouldn't be worried about re-signing him, so I'd be willing to pay a bit more...even overpay a little. But if you want to mock KRS for lowballing, you need to make a better proposal than "old guy they don't want, young guy they don't want, and pick-too-far-in-the-future-to-know-if-it's-any-good". 

Given the return Carolina is reportedly expecting from Chicago, I don't have much hope of any good deal for a defenseman any time soon. Damn you, Chiarelli!

While I believe Faulk would be the best D on our team, I also believe 100% he would be testing the market in two years, unless we miraculously won a Cup within the next two years and he felt there was a great need to stay and continue the winning.

If we were to acquire a player to lead our D it would have been better to target Hamilton, Hanifin or Trouba. Two of those guys are already gone (although Hanifin has not been signed yet) and I don't believe that Trouba is going to be traded.

We may as well stick with our guys and promote from within over the next couple of seasons.  It would be nice to get a young star like those mentioned above, I'd even be ok with over-paying for one of them, but as good as Faulk would be here, I would NOT overpay for him, and including a player like Larkin PLUS a protentional 1ST OVERALL LOTTERY pick in insane overpayment. That's even overpayment for any of the three I mentioned above. If we were including the 2019 1st, the player going back would have to be either a prospect or a player along the lines of Nyquist or Helm. Depending on the prospect, that still might be overpayment.

I'm not even interested in Skinner, he too would more than likely test the market after this season and jump to a contender.

Here's what I think would be acceptable (it may not be market, but I'd find it acceptable) for Faulk.  At the VERY most:

Svech and 2019 2nd.

They may not like it, but again, I am not trading AA or a potential Jack Hughes for Faulk.

If they wanted to swap Skinner out, I'd trade them Nyquist straight up, maybe throw in a conditional pick, but basically a UFA for a UFA. Again, not giving up AA or a higher prospect/pick for a potential rental.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I 100% agree.  But I can't even get Dr. Stingypants to agree that Nyquist and a 2nd isn't going to cut it.  If I mention it's going to take one of Zadina, Mantha, or Athanasiou PLUS a first, KRS will have a coranary and need a quadruple bypass.  He still thinks we can pry Trouba away from Winnepeg.

I said multiple times that I know that package wouldn't get it done. It's going to take one of Zadina, Mantha or Athanasiou plus a first round pick to get Faulk is it? Okay... Would you give up that sort of package for two years of Faulk? You probably would, because you're... not smart...

We can still "pry" Trouba away from Winnipeg... And THAT is the sort of trade I would give up major assets for, not Faulk, or any other soon to be free agent.

Are you calling Cholowski a 20 year old Kindl? Ouch.

12 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would strongly consider Mantha + 1st for Faulk.  Strongly.  We have (5) top 9 left handed wings (Zadina, Athanasiou, Rasmussen, Mantha, Bertuzzi) and we can only play 3.  We DO NOT have a 1B defenseman.  Faulk fills that roll.  By the time Faulk reups, we will have the cap space to give him FMV.

I feel like Carolina is on the weak side here. They need to trade Faulk more than we need him. It shouldn't take that much to get him. If they want a Svech, or Nyquist, or even AA, I'll listen; but no to Mantha, Larkin, Rass, Zadina. And no 1st round 2019. I'll give up a 2nd rounder or 2020 1st rounder tho.

15 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I would strongly consider Mantha + 1st for Faulk.  Strongly.  We have (5) top 9 left handed wings (Zadina, Athanasiou, Rasmussen, Mantha, Bertuzzi) and we can only play 3.  We DO NOT have a 1B defenseman.  Faulk fills that roll.  By the time Faulk reups, we will have the cap space to give him FMV.

Yup, and when Faulk walks two years from now because your team is still nowhere close to being a contender, and he's set to be one of the best defensemen hitting the open market, you're left with no Faulk, no Mantha, and no 1st round pick... and you look like an idiot... It's the dumba** GM's that make the dumba** trades such as this one. No bottom 3rd of the league team would give up there best young winger, and a first round pick for two years of any player, but of course you think it's a great idea...

What do you think a bottom 5 team would give us right now for Green, Daley, Nyquist or Howard? Probably not much eh? You know why? Because. it. makes. no. sense...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I said multiple times that I know that package wouldn't get it done. It's going to take one of Zadina, Mantha or Athanasiou plus a first round pick to get Faulk is it? Okay... Would you give up that sort of package for two years of Faulk? You probably would, because you're... not smart...

We can still "pry" Trouba away from Winnipeg... And THAT is the sort of trade I would give up major assets for, not Faulk, or any other soon to be free agent.

Let's hope arbitration rewards him with a huge contract. With Buff at 7.6, Myers at 5.5, and Kulikov at 4.5, they can't afford that kind of cap hit considering they have Scheifele, Ehlers, and Hellbucyk at 6+, Wheeler and Little at 5+, and Perreault at 4+. Laine will be getting a big payday eventually too.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup, and when Faulk walks two years from now because your team is still nowhere close to being a contender, and he's set to be one of the best defensemen hitting the open market, you're left with no Faulk, no Mantha, and no 1st round pick... and you look like an idiot... It's the dumba** GM's that make the dumba** trades such as this one. No bottom 3rd of the league team would give up there best young winger, and a first round pick for two years of any player, but of course you think it's a great idea...

What do you think a bottom 5 team would give us right now for Green, Daley, Nyquist or Howard? Probably not much eh? You know why? Because. it. makes. no. sense...

Agree with everything you are saying, but you are getting sucked in again lol.

7 hours ago, kliq said:

Agree with everything you are saying, but you are getting sucked in again lol.

Haha I know, and I'm okay with it. At least it's something to talk about in a pretty boring offseason...

I'd probably be better off talking to my 5 year old niece though... Pretty sure she has more common sense / hockey knowledge than JM...

8 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

How many teams has Faulk played for?

6 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Show me ANY history of Faulk "walking" or not filling his commitments.  Your whole argument is based on Faulk not wanting to be in Detroit.  I'd like to know why you feel this way.

Faulk has played for one NHL team. What's your point? He's never had the opportunity to play for any other team. He was drafted by Carolina in 2010, signed his entry level contract the following season, and made the Canes out of camp. Three years later he became an RFA and signed a six year contract which would take him into UFA status for the first time in 2020. He has never had the opportunity to test the open market, and the fact that he will be one of the top defenders available, I'd say the chances of him doing so is rather high. You can't seriously think walking as a first time UFA can be compared to not holding out as an RFA or demanding a trade...

I didn't say he doesn't want to be in Detroit, I'm saying regardless of where he is two years from now, I think he'll hit free agency (unless he's traded to a legit contender that can afford to keep him). If / when he does hit the open market, he'll have a lot of things to consider. One being money, which I'm sure we could afford to pay him. Two, location / history, and we have a brand new state of the art facility and a rich history that could entice him. And three, and this is the biggest one in my mind, going to a contender, and I doubt we'll be viewed as a true contender by then... If we are, why not just go after him two years from now? We will not contend in the next two years, so why go after a player that has an expiring contract in that time? It makes zero sense... For the same reason, I have no interest in going after Erik Karlsson or any pending free agent...

If you still don't understand why trading significant pieces for a soon to be free agent is a terrible idea for a rebuilding team, I'm not sure what else to say...

I swear to God some of the player valuations around here are insane.  I wish we were all NHL general managers.  I'd fleece you fools daily.  I'd start by trading Jacob Trouba to KRS for whatever haul he would gladly part with, and then laugh all the way to the bank as Trouba's already modest offense dried up completely in Detroit.

I'd trade Faulk  to Jonas for Mantha and Detroit's 1st (likely to be a lottery pick no less).

I'm not sure what I'd trade for Nyquist and AA, but given that half of LGW are willing to part with them for peanuts I suspect I'd win that one too.

57 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I swear to God some of the player valuations around here are insane.  I wish we were all NHL general managers.  I'd fleece you fools daily.  I'd start by trading Jacob Trouba to KRS for whatever haul he would gladly part with, and then laugh all the way to the bank as Trouba's already modest offense dried up completely in Detroit.

I'd trade Faulk  to Jonas for Mantha and Detroit's 1st (likely to be a lottery pick no less).

I'm not sure what I'd trade for Nyquist and AA, but given that half of LGW are willing to part with them for peanuts I suspect I'd win that one too.

How you feeling about AA’s performance/ progression btw 

36 45

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Where is this coming from? Trouba is a legit top pair defenseman that can eat big minutes, play in all situations, and put up 0.5 points per game. What do you think it would cost to get him or similar player? Better question, where did I say I would give up a huge haul for Trouba? Do you think Athanasiou, plus is too much to give up for him?