To Columbus
Larkin
Athanasiou
Juulsen
2019 1st rounder (Montreal)

To Montreal
Panarin
2019 2nd rounder (Detroit)

Yes. Hadn't read past the headline and the Panarin thumbnail, though. LOL @ us giving up Larkin and not even getting Panarin.

Panarin sucks anyway. Pacioretty is the future.

On 7/23/2018 at 12:14 PM, amato said:

Gotta love “rumors” with absolutely no source. Peak off season stuff right there :D yeah this deal makes zero sense for sure.

Peak off season stuff, from what I would deem a less than credible website, posting off air chatter from Detroit Sports Radio.  We all know that most of these guys don't know squat about the Wings.  

From that site:

UPDATE:  The Ticket 97.1 retracted this story because it was an off-air conversation between personalities at the station that bled onto the air.  Allegedly, this discussion was a "what if" scenario with an NBA trade involving Kawhi Leonard being moved to Toronto; a location where it's unlikely that he will sign with.  Regretfully, a mention of the below trade rumor was aired in regard to "irresponsible management" where teams will trade for players that may refuse to sign. 

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We've all done this, no?

Absolutely.  Purposefully as well.

Edited by e_prime

Luke DeCock is Faulk'ed in the head...

DeCock doesn't know if he's coming or going! Anyway, I'd like it if the Wings would get Faulk'ed, particularly if they only had to unite the Svech brothers to do so. Okay, maybe they toss in a 2nd too...

Edited by solarion

3 hours ago, e_prime said:

Peak off season stuff, from what I would deem a less than credible website, posting off air chatter from Detroit Sports Radio.  We all know that most of these guys don't know squat about the Wings.  

From that site:

Absolutely.  Purposefully as well.

Hahahaha 97.1 might actually be a worse source than Eklund 

12 hours ago, solarion said:

DeCock doesn't know if he's coming or going! Anyway, I'd like it if the Wings would get Faulk'ed, particularly if they only had to unite the Svech brothers to do so. Okay, maybe they toss in a 2nd too...

Nyquist, Svech, 3rd in 2019, 2nd and 3rd in 2020 for Faulk and Skinner. Get it done!

Turn Skinner at the TDL to a Contender for a 1st.

Edited by LeftWinger

17 hours ago, solarion said:

I can't take this guy seriously. You know when he was in school, the kids called him "Like"....... You'll figure it out.

40 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Holland asked for a 2nd, but Bergevin would prefer to give him a 1st and a 3rd cause he can afford it ;)

Ah Bergevin, that guy's GM kung-fu is on a whole other level...of suck.

...in other snooze, the Flames have placed Troy Brouwer on waivers(buyout). He'll be 35 in a couple weeks, the Wings are awash in mediocre forwards, AND Troy shoots right...

uh...make it happen Kenny? :yahoo:

Back in the day I might actually have been worried...but the new and improved Kenny won't go there...I think. lol

Edited by solarion

On 8/2/2018 at 4:53 PM, solarion said:

Ah Bergevin, that guy's GM kung-fu is on a whole other level...of suck.

...in other snooze, the Flames have placed Troy Brouwer on waivers(buyout). He'll be 35 in a couple weeks, the Wings are awash in mediocre forwards, AND Troy shoots right...

uh...make it happen Kenny? :yahoo:

Back in the day I might actually have been worried...but the new and improved Kenny won't go there...I think. lol

He's 32, but ya no thankd. 

47 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I mean, would this be a bad deal?

Ummm...not really bad exactly, but extremely unlikely to happen for any number of reasons. "draft pick" is entirely too generic to assess the value going to Montreal. Is that a 1st or a 7th? ...kinda important. lol

Both Gus and Helm have NTCs. Goose and Patches would both be rentals, so this would be more of a "dump Helm's salary kinda thing, and the timing sucks. Helm will be needed to center a line if Hank doesn't play this season. I like Max, but I'd pass on this deal, the Wings can probably land a 1st for Goose at the TDL which makes a lot more sense than getting a 29yo winger rental for a year while the Wings are rebuilding.