No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

For Bergiven? Abs O lute Ly

Terrible trade for Bergevin... So maybe it'll happen... :lol:

7 hours ago, solarion said:

Ummm...not really bad exactly, but extremely unlikely to happen for any number of reasons. "draft pick" is entirely too generic to assess the value going to Montreal. Is that a 1st or a 7th? ...kinda important. lol

Both Gus and Helm have NTCs. Goose and Patches would both be rentals, so this would be more of a "dump Helm's salary kinda thing, and the timing sucks. Helm will be needed to center a line if Hank doesn't play this season. I like Max, but I'd pass on this deal, the Wings can probably land a 1st for Goose at the TDL which makes a lot more sense than getting a 29yo winger rental for a year while the Wings are rebuilding.

If we could get a 1st round pick for Nyquist at the deadline, we'd be able to get a 1st round pick *plus* for Pacioretty, while also dumping Helm's contract. Even if Zetterberg goes on LTIR this season (I still don't think he will), we'd still have Larkin, Nielsen, Athanasiou, Glendening and Turgeon as center options. I do agree though that it would totally depend on what that "pick" was going the other way. 1st? Definitely not. 2nd? Maybe, but probably not. 3rd or later? Absolutely.

Either way, this trade would never happen, even with Bergevin on the other end of it...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Terrible trade for Bergevin... So maybe it'll happen... :lol:

If we could get a 1st round pick for Nyquist at the deadline, we'd be able to get a 1st round pick *plus* for Pacioretty, while also dumping Helm's contract. Even if Zetterberg goes on LTIR this season (I still don't think he will), we'd still have Larkin, Nielsen, Athanasiou, Glendening and Turgeon as center options. I do agree though that it would totally depend on what that "pick" was going the other way. 1st? Definitely not. 2nd? Maybe, but probably not. 3rd or later? Absolutely.

Either way, this trade would never happen, even with Bergevin on the other end of it...

agreed not happening but it could be done if Bergevin has taken his meds or not that day Kenny calls. Opens some space for the youngins for sure. 

Sure would like to see more room for the kids to play, but Helm is still the best option to center the 3rd line if Zetterberg retires this year. IF Hank plays one more year AND the draft pick is a late one, AND Gus and Helm waive their NTCs then yeah this trade looks alright.

That's a lot of Ifs and ands. Kinda smacks of desperation on MBs part. If this trade is anything more than an unsubstantiated rumor(unlikely)...I mean all these players going back and forth between division rivals. 

33 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Andrew Nielsen (Leafs 3rd round pick from 2015) just removed Maple Leafs from his bio on twitter and started following the Ducks.

Trade incoming?

THE STOVE IS HOT

HOLY HECKING CRAP

I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING

#Mid-August

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Condensed version...the D blows

Coaching could be amplifying the suck:

All of last season, no defencemen really earned the title “offensive defenceman” and it really showed up in the iCF and the shot assist numbers. At even-strength, there was not a lot of solid passing or shooting coming from the blueline last season for the Red Wings. I believe that is more of a system error than a personnel one. To have every defenceman contribute this little has to mean that something overall is wrong and not that the Wings just have a terrible blueline.

The issue is a balance between those two problems – the Red Wings clearly did not have the most mobile blueline, but Blashill might have over-compensated for that fact and restricted those players from showing their offensive capabilities.

In any case, Hronek should help improve the blue line.