• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

44 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't know man.  Werenski is a really good player, but so is Nylander.  Dude put up back to back 61 point seasons at 20 and 21 years old.  I don't think Columbus would trade Werenski, as they'd just be filling on hole and creating another.  But I could see trying to build a package around Panarin.  They're going to lose him anyway and Nylander would immediately become the Blue Jackets' best winger. 

Word around the campfire is Toronto's been asking about Panarin. I do think a Panarin-Nylander swap could end up being a thing.

58 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Word around the campfire is Toronto's been asking about Panarin. I do think a Panarin-Nylander swap could end up being a thing.

I think it makes a lot of sense for both teams.  I don't know how Toronto would fit Panarin's cap hit or if Columbus could take on salary though. 

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So what's worse?

Eberle for Strome or Eberle for Spooner?

Well seeing as the Rags had a huge hole at the "Ryan" position after Ryan Callahan and Ryan McDonaugh left, it was necessary to maintain at least the bare minimum Ryan level, so they swapped a Ryan for a Ryan. Savy move. Let's see if it pays off.

Of all ppl, I thought u'd know this

On 11/15/2018 at 12:45 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

I would crawl under a rock with a box full of whisky. You wouldn't see or hear from me for like a decade. 

That being said, and I like MacKenzie, but I think this is just typical Toronto media over-valuing Nylander. IMO, Werinski > > lil willy

Nylander is a solid player but Werinski is far and away the better player. The move would give Toronto the defenseman they desperately need.

3 hours ago, McCarthy's knuckles said:

Nylander is a solid player but Werinski is far and away the better player. The move would give Toronto the defenseman they desperately need.

My money's currently on Colton Parayko (assuming Nylander gets moved, which isn't a given).

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If Toronto gets Parayko well then I will just be maddest boy in boy town

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Same... This would be the absolute worst...

Does Willie have any right, or potential to nullify any trade?

I would laugh if he refused to report to the Blues if he were sent packing.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, F.Michael said:

Does Willie have any right, or potential to nullify any trade?

I would laugh if he refused to report to the Blues if he were sent packing.

He's doesn't have any right, but he doesn't has some say.  Any team looking to give up the kind of assets that a guy like Nylander will fetch is surely going to contact his agent and see if he has an interest in the team and if he's willing to sign a deal with them.  If he says no, then why part with a package like that for a guy who doesn't want to be there?

Howard Rumor

Per TSN

Are the St. Louis Blues goaltender shopping?

Dreger: I don’t think Doug Armstrong has a choice. He has to upgrade the position based on the reality of the Blues’ situation. My sources tell me that the St. Louis Blues have paid considerable attention to Jimmy Howard of the Detroit Red Wings. I know that they were at the game on Monday and seemed to be paying a lot of attention to the crease of the Detroit Red Wings. Now to acquire Jimmy Howard, it’s going to come at a considerable cost. Is St. Louis willing to part with the assets? They don’t have a first-round pick in the 2019 NHL draft; are they willing to give up a prized prospect like [Jordan] Kyrou or [Robert] Thomas? There’s some options that St. Louis might consider but if it's Jimmy Howard, it's going to come at considerable expense.

Considerable expense? Yes please

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Howard Rumor

Considerable expense? Yes please

Pretty much everyone in Blues land is saying heck nah this morning. I don't really see it happening either.

We'd have to take back Jake Allen in return, and they're not going to package a young under contract goalie with one of their best prospects for an aging goalie who might not return next year.

Heard a few Blues fans suggest Allen + Jordan Nolan... Would anyone wanna do that? I wouldn't.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pretty much everyone in Blues land is saying heck nah this morning. I don't really see it happening either.

We'd have to take back Jake Allen in return, and they're not going to package a young under contract goalie with one of their best prospects for an aging goalie who might not return next year.

Heard a few Blues fans suggest Allen + Jordan Nolan... Would anyone wanna do that? I wouldn't.

Depends how desperate they are. Especially the GM to save his ass. In which case he very much cares about the here and now. 

Also, fans don't get to make trades. "Blues Land" is probably very much like "Wings Land". As in: "We need a goalie (of Howard's Caliber) so let's give them Ericsson + Turgeon + and a 4th"

Edit to add: I'm not saying it's going to happen. But I looooove that Kenny's in the driver's seat for this one. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Depends how desperate they are. Especially the GM to save his ass. In which case he very much cares about the here and now. 

Also, fans don't get to make trades. "Blues Land" is probably very much like "Wings Land". As in: "We need a goalie (of Howard's Caliber) so let's give them Ericsson + Turgeon + and a 4th"

Just saying when I see the reaction from Wings land being: PULL THE TRIGGER, and Blues land being: HELL NAH, it's usually a good indicator that the trade suggestion is heavily lopsided. Dreger is just stirring the pot.

IMO that trade probably looks like this:

To Detroit: Jake Allen
To St. Louis: Jimmy Howard

Nothing more

Kyrou might not be that much of a stretch to be honest.  He's kind of a boom or bust prospect and he's already 20.  However, I'd look to move Jimmy at the deadline.  If a Cup contender loses a goalie right around then they'll pay more than a bottom dweller will now.  Howard probably fetches a 2nd round pick and mid level prospect at the deadline, which is perfect because we'll be losing one of our 2nd rounders when we trade Mantha, Glendening, and a 2nd for Nylander (and thus propel our team into contention).

36 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Kyrou might not be that much of a stretch to be honest.  He's kind of a boom or bust prospect and he's already 20.  However, I'd look to move Jimmy at the deadline.  If a Cup contender loses a goalie right around then they'll pay more than a bottom dweller will now.  Howard probably fetches a 2nd round pick and mid level prospect at the deadline, which is perfect because we'll be losing one of our 2nd rounders when we trade Mantha, Glendening, and a 2nd for Nylander (and thus propel our team into contention).

Agreed.  If I were Kenny I'd ask the world for Jimmy as he's in a position of strength.  Plus, it sets the table well.  As the year wears on, St. Louis might still be needing a goalie, and they may come back to the table as the trade deadline nears and they realize that Howard is a commodity for a few teams who have that need and are playoff bound.