• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Would you trade Mantha/Athanasiou for Parayko?

Good question...

A few years ago I would've said absolutely - however so far this season it seems he might've taken a step back...He's just hitting his prime at 25 yrs, and has 3 years remaining on his contract after this season.

Lets look at this thru the eyes of a Blues fan...Would they want either Mantha, or AA for 1 of their better Dmen? 

1 hour ago, Dabura said:
Would you trade Mantha/Athanasiou for Parayko?

It would be tough, but yeah, I think I'd pull the trigger, or at least strongly consider it... I'd hate to lose either Mantha or Athanasiou, but man, Cholowski - Parayko would be a nice pairing for the next 10 years...

I will say though, I'd still much prefer to go after a lesser established defenseman that wouldn't cost us a huge part of our young core. I also understand this is probably much more difficult / unlikely to happen, so yeah...

As much as I'd love to see a huge splash, at this point in time, I'd just assume continue to draft (gain draft picks) and develop, and kick tires...

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

It would be tough, but yeah, I think I'd pull the trigger, or at least strongly consider it... I'd hate to lose either Mantha or Athanasiou, but man, Cholowski - Parayko would be a nice pairing for the next 10 years...

I will say though, I'd still much prefer to go after a lesser established defenseman that wouldn't cost us a huge part of our young core. I also understand this is probably much more difficult / unlikely to happen, so yeah...

As much as I'd love to see a huge splash, at this point in time, I'd just assume continue to draft (gain draft picks) and develop, and kick tires...

This ^^^

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kronwall will retire a Wing. f*** outta here with your heresy. 

I'd have no issue trading Kronwall to a contender at the deadline, but yeah, I agree, Kronwall will retire a Wing. He's not going anywhere, especially Toronto. The Leafs need a youngish, right-handed, puck moving defenseman. Kronwall is none of that...

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd have no issue trading Kronwall to a contender at the deadline, but yeah, I agree, Kronwall will retire a Wing. He's not going anywhere, especially Toronto. The Leafs need a youngish, right-handed, puck moving defenseman. Kronwall is none of that...

The Leafs need a spine. Kronwall is ALL of that. 

(but he won't be going anywhere)

28 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The Leafs need a spine. Kronwall is ALL of that. 

(but he won't be going anywhere)

I disagree with you (and Ferraro and O'Neill and whoever else) on this. Teams can and do win on skill alone in today's NHL. People that are saying that the Leafs aren't tough enough to go on a deep playoff run are dumb. If the Leafs get bounced early again (I hope they do), it will be because another team out-skilled them, not because another team out-physicalled them...

I also disagree that Kronwall is the right player if you want to add toughness or "a spine". He lays a big hit once in a blue moon, and isn't overly physical anymore. His body just won't allow it. It's not like he's ever going to stick up for a teammate after a big hit, or get in an opponents face after the whistle. 37 (soon to be 38) year old Kronwall is not "tough". Both Zaitsev and Dermott are more physical than Kronner at this point in his career.

If the Leafs want a grizzled vet, maybe Kronwall would be a good option. But I don't think that is what they're looking for, nor should it be. They have Marleau and Hainsey to fill those roles, as well as plenty of other guys with experience. If they truly are looking for "a spine", maybe we can interest them in a Justin Abdelkader or Luke Witkowski... But again, I don't think that's what the Leafs are looking for.

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I disagree with you (and Ferraro and O'Neill and whoever else) on this. Teams can and do win on skill alone in today's NHL. People that are saying that the Leafs aren't tough enough to go on a deep playoff run are dumb. If the Leafs get bounced early again (I hope they do), it will be because another team out-skilled them, not because another team out-physicalled them...

I also disagree that Kronwall is the right player if you want to add toughness or "a spine". He lays a big hit once in a blue moon, and isn't overly physical anymore. His body just won't allow it. It's not like he's ever going to stick up for a teammate after a big hit, or get in an opponents face after the whistle. 37 (soon to be 38) year old Kronwall is not "tough". Both Zaitsev and Dermott are more physical than Kronner at this point in his career.

If the Leafs want a grizzled vet, maybe Kronwall would be a good option. But I don't think that is what they're looking for, nor should it be. They have Marleau and Hainsey to fill those roles, as well as plenty of other guys with experience. If they truly are looking for "a spine", maybe we can interest them in a Justin Abdelkader or Luke Witkowski... But again, I don't think that's what the Leafs are looking for.

Your equating spine = toughness and that's not what I'm referring too. Also, the f*** with Ferraro and O'Neill!! What did they say? I'm sure it was super intelligent and not at all annoying to listen to. 

I'm just talking spine = character and leadership. The Leafs are made up of a bunch of career losers (except who? Ron Hainsey?) and young guys who have never been there. 

It's classic LGWs mentality to underrate what kind of character and leadership a guy like Kronwall could bring to that dressing room. 

17 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Your equating spine = toughness and that's not what I'm referring too. Also, the f*** with Ferraro and O'Neill!! What did they say? I'm sure it was super intelligent and not at all annoying to listen to. 

I'm just talking spine = character and leadership. The Leafs are made up of a bunch of career losers (except who? Ron Hainsey?) and young guys who have never been there. 

It's classic LGWs mentality to underrate what kind of character and leadership a guy like Kronwall could bring to that dressing room. 

I don't doubt Kronwall could bring "character and leadership" to the Leafs dressing room. I do doubt 38 year old Kronwall is the player that gets them over the hump...

15 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't doubt Kronwall could bring "character and leadership" to the Leafs dressing room. I do doubt 38 year old Kronwall is the player that gets them over the hump...

Agreed. That team has 4 star forwards. One could argue that 3 of them are superstars. It's ridiculous to think they need anything to get them over the hump. They have to get themselves over the hump. But a guy like Kronwall would provide the calming influence and experience to help them get there. 

ANYWAY, this is all just talk. Ain't happening. 

3 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He is not going to play for any other team. If he comes back, it will be for Steve Yzerman and the Detroit Red Wings.  But, does he have any NHL gas left?

You talk about Holland's misplaced loyalty? Nothing would be worse than Yzerman offering the guy who left with a year on his contract a new contract. LOL 

Datsyuk isn't coming back, and definitely not to fill a bottom six role on a non-contending team...

Honestly, I'd be a little annoyed if he comes back, after all that "going home to be with family" bull s***... If he comes back to sign with another team... F*** that guy.