• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

I say if the cost is AA, Mantha, or Nyquidt then you absolutely pull the trigger on the deal. If its Larkin or Zadina, then no. Top pair dmen are hard to fund in the trade or draft. Add the rh shot in, coupled with the age, and aa or mantha for him is a steal.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'd consider it. But I'm not sure it's the slam-dunk steal that you think it is. Could turn out that way, but could easily not.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

A lot of us have been on the "sign Karlsson" wagon, but I do agree with your thoughts on continuing to develop our D instead. How about we throw top $$$$ at Bobvrosky this summer? We NEED a goalie that is a game changer. Howard is not it, Bernier is crap, especially at $3M. We do not have any goalie in the pipeline that seems to be a game changer. Throw a ton of cash at Sergei and let our D develop around him and our young D. If we're lucky enough to get a top 5 (#1 hopefully) we'll no doubt draft a kid with huge NHL potential, then add to that a game changing G, we'd be sitting pretty good going forward. Last night's game is an all too familiar reminder of how Howard is not a game changer. All three goals were soft ones. Bad D or not, we need a game changing G.

Howard has a higher save percentage and lower GAA than Bobrovski so far this year and is playing on a worse team. 

1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

Yes saying we should trade for a legit top pairing dman is saying we should abandon drafting and developing. Pointing out that we haven't had any success for 15 years with dmen and we should acquire a top pair guy is exactly like saying you should stop trying to develop and draft guys. They are clearly one and the same. Hell by your standard we shouldn't try to sign a better goalie either. Just keep hoping and praying one pans out. Let's get mrazek back maybe... I can put words in your mouth too. 

We shouldn't try to sign a better goalie.  So you're not putting words in my mouth. 

"Acquiring" a top pair guy isn't easy.  There currently aren't any available for trade.  Karlsson "might" be available as a UFA, but even he doesn't really fit in with the competitive cycle of our team.  He'll be on the downswing of his career before we'll be good enough to compete.  So I guess we're going to have to go with what we've got, and draft and develop better than what we have in the past.  

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

You do not trade AA. Period.

I'd trade Mantha and Rasmussen for that top D for sure. If we were acquiring one via trade.  Like I said above, I'd rather continue to let our NHL quality D grow and supply them with an elite goalie to bail them out here and there. Howard is not it,he should be dealt at the TDL and NOT re-signed as our starter. If he is not dealt, still NO to re-signing him as our starter.  If we somehow dumped Bernier and then wanted Howard as our backup, that's fine. Howard is NOT a quality starter.

Howard is not a quality starter? The exception being the All Star game of course.

1 hour ago, amato said:

Howard has a higher save percentage and lower GAA than Bobrovski so far this year and is playing on a worse team. 

Stop bringing data into the argument.

6 hours ago, Dabura said:

Pick a side! We're at war, damn it!

I am feeling Swiss today.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, Euro_Twins said:

I've heard this same rhetoric for years now, just swap the names for smith, or marchenko, ouellet, sproul, etc... we always have these "great" prospects but the fact remains none have planned out since Kronwall. Yes cholowski looks very poised, I'd put him at 2nd pairing, hronek the same. But don't forget we've had plenty of guys come in and look very good just to s*** the bed the next year and from there on. 

Kuznetsov, Kindl, Smith, Bykov, Marchenko, Quincey, Lashoff, Russo, Ouellet, Sproul, Sambrook.  

Lots of busts.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Just came here to post about this but in tweet form. I was all for bobrovski (just not breaking the bank to get him) but I'm not sure now. Are there any details anywhere yet? Can't watch the video right now so I'm unsure if there are in there but this is what I saw. 

Edited by amato

Just now, amato said:

Just came here to post about this but in tweet form. I was all for bobrovski (just not breaking the bank to get him) but I'm not sure now. Are there any details anywhere yet? Can't watch the video right now so I'm unsure if there are in there but this is what I saw.

Nope, no juicy info in the video. This is the first I'm hearing about it.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Russians...so enigmatic.

Fake news media is after Bobrovsky now.  

12 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

How could they ever turn down that deal!  Right? 

Well, Howard has actually won a playoff series before, so maybe they'll want to actually advance this season past the first round.  

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kuznetsov, Kindl, Smith, Bykov, Marchenko, Quincey, Lashoff, Russo, Ouellet, Sproul, Sambrook.  

Lots of busts.

Most of those aren't really "busts" though, relative to where they were taken in the draft. Kindl and Smith were the only 1st round defensemen in the past 15 years, and even they played over 300 games each. If Cholowski has a similar career as either of these guys, it would be a huge disappointment for sure, but I still wouldn't really consider him a "bust". A little over half of the players selected in the 20-30 range go on to successful NHL careers.

Quincey had a great career for a 4th round pick. Lashoff had a solid career for an undrafted defenseman. Ouellet and Sproul never panned out, but less than half of 2nd rounders do. Marchenko had a great little career for a 7th round pick. Russo was a 4th round pick, that we traded for using a 3rd round pick. The chance of him panning out was always slim. Sambrook was a 5th round pick, which rarely pan out in any meaningful way, but he's still only 20 years old. Who knows, he may still play a short time in the NHL. Granted, not likely with the Red Wings...

Up until the past few years, we've never really had the opportunity to draft high enough to get any real impact players. We're finally starting to draft higher and more frequent in the first couple rounds, so I think (hope), we'll get a few high end players in the next few drafts, as well as the last couple...

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Lots of busts.

Dolly Parton, Raquel Welch, Pam Grier, Linda Carter, Pamela Anderson, Anna Nicole Smith...all bigger busts

On 1/10/2019 at 12:50 PM, Hockeymom1960 said:

How could they ever turn down that deal!  Right? 

What Columbus gave up in the deal to get Bobrovsky from Philly is also VERY funny, especially in hindsight. And it's not as if Bobrovsky was bad in Philly, he was actually damn good. They just have a way of always screwing themselves royally when it comes to goaltenders for the past two decades, and put their money on Bryzgalov instead. Hart could be the long term starter they need though. They've used 7 different goalies so far this season. 

To Columbus: Sergei Bobrovsky

To Philadelphia: CBJ 2nd 2012 (Anthony Stolarz), VAN 4th 2012 (Taylor Leier), ARI 4th 2013 ( Justin Auger)

:wacko:   :lol:

Edited by chaps80

22 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I really hope Holland didn't 'set' the prices too high...We need as many picks as we can get, and the thought of not letting some guys go (especially our UFA's) because we didn't get enough in return just might make me puke.

32 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:
8 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I really hope Holland didn't 'set' the prices too high...We need as many picks as we can get, and the thought of not letting some guys go (especially our UFA's) because we didn't get enough in return just might make me puke.

No reason not to set the ask high at this point in time. It's standard procedure for negotiations: one side aims too high, the other side lowballs, and eventually they find an agreeable middle ground, which happens to be what both parties were anticipating from the start. Ironically, you only get that middle ground if each side digs in its heels and fights.

Ask for a 1st and a high-end prospect for Nyquist, ultimately settle on a more modest return.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

There's one good thing about every dumb s*** GM in the NHL thinking that "all you have to do is get in and then you go on a run".  Every 8th seed is looking to buy at the deadline.  Much maligned parity is good for sellers apparently. 

On a completely unrelated note...

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Nyquist for Puljujarvi...

Puljujarvi ... conditional 2nd 2019 pick (if they make the playoffs it becomes a 2019 1st) and take spooner,reider off their hands 

For 

Nyquist,Howard,jensen,hicketts Or svechnikov 

Won’t happy but hey it’s chiarelli so ... lol and apparently there so desperate to make the playoffs for ticket renewals and other stuff that I’m so sure they’ll make another mistake ,think with this trade they would get in especially since they have mcdavid and I do think Gus would be a perfect fit with mcdavid and the fact he’s a responsible two way guy would be a big asset, don’t this know if this would be enough, taking back two contracts they wanna get rid of with one year left each

Reider (had previous seasons of 13,14,16,12 goal seasons ) 

To a cup contending team for a 3rd rounder 

spooner and a 5th 2019 to Ottawa for zack smith (been desperate to get rid of him and has two years left , spooner has one year left and maybe they hope he can rebound back to a 30-40ish or guy)  and a 2020 2nd rounder 

eat up 1.2 of smiths salary and trade him to Edmonton for zach kassian who has one year left and a 3rd 

while were here at it ... glendening and Daley to Toronto for liljgren lol

like I said just messing about while watching the raptors game ...  but back to your original post ya I’d make the deal but I don’t think they’d trade a third pick overall kid who’s still 20 for Nyquist alone ,especially if he walks in June it’ll be real bad .... but hey it is chiarelli 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Puljujarvi ... conditional 2nd 2019 pick (if they make the playoffs it becomes a 2019 1st) and take spooner,reider off their hands 

For 

Nyquist,Howard,jensen,hicketts Or svechnikov 

Won’t happy but hey it’s chiarelli so ... lol and apparently there so desperate to make the playoffs for ticket renewals and other stuff that I’m so sure they’ll make another mistake ,think with this trade they would get in especially since they have mcdavid and I do think Gus would be a perfect fit with mcdavid and the fact he’s a responsible two way guy would be a big asset, don’t this know if this would be enough, taking back two contracts they wanna get rid of with one year left each

Reider (had previous seasons of 13,14,16,12 goal seasons ) 

To a cup contending team for a 3rd rounder 

spooner and a 5th 2019 to Ottawa for zack smith (been desperate to get rid of him and has two years left , spooner has one year left and maybe they hope he can rebound back to a 30-40ish or guy)  and a 2020 2nd rounder 

eat up 1.2 of smiths salary and trade him to Edmonton for zach kassian who has one year left and a 3rd 

while were here at it ... glendening and Daley to Toronto for liljgren lol

like I said just messing about while watching the raptors game ...  but back to your original post ya I’d make the deal but I don’t think they’d trade a third pick overall kid who’s still 20 for Nyquist alone ,especially if he walks in June it’ll be real bad .... but hey it is chiarelli 

My trade proposal was totally tongue in cheek, but because it's Chiarelli... it's not THAT crazy...

Throw in Daley and Spooner... Retain salary on one or both of Nyquist / Daley... I just want to see Holland get creative and make a move for a high end prospect / young player...

Puljujarvi has been very underwhelming in Edmonton, but there's still a ton of potential there and a change of scenery could be good for him. I'd also love to see him go after a Fabbro or Makar (although the latter would likely be VERY expensive)...

32 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

My trade proposal was totally tongue in cheek, but because it's Chiarelli... it's not THAT crazy...

Throw in Daley and Spooner... Retain salary on one or both of Nyquist / Daley... I just want to see Holland get creative and make a move for a high end prospect / young player...

Puljujarvi has been very underwhelming in Edmonton, but there's still a ton of potential there and a change of scenery could be good for him. I'd also love to see him go after a Fabbro or Makar (although the latter would likely be VERY expensive)...

i just can’t believe this kid from that tournament I remember has become s*** , I think he does need to get the hell out of Edmonton and fast 

I’d love fabbro but I think to land him it would be like a Nyquist we just don’t have too many assets and I think there’s a zero percent chance Avs are trading makar 

I’m listening/watching leafs radio and they are saying they need shut down dmen and forecheckers and willing to give up good price cause they think they can win , it’s too bad on our end kronwall isn’t willing to take one for the team cause I’m sure they’d jump at him in a heartbeat 

glendening 100%, Daley if he doesn’t go to Edmonton ... think if helm would waive his clause Toronto grabs him in a second but maybe if we get creative and throw them a package like helm,glendening,Daley and take back like Marleau we can land a first and liljgren

do love the thought of puljujarvi with the wings 

zadina Larkin bertuzzi 

Mantha AA puljujarvi 

thats a nice top 6 and I can see him turning it around with some  young guys with speed and skill , sadly that would mean Rasmussen who I was never really high on and wished we grabbed branstromm ends up a 3rd liner .... maybe we convince Carolina to reunite the brothers and send Rasmussen and svechnikov for bean and drury ... ahhh must be fun being a gm lol

think bean wouldn’t have to be protected as I think it’s his first ahl season so we’d be able to keep cholowski hronek liljgren bean after that Seattle draft , anyways Carolina’s a dream but I do think there’s deals to be made with Edmonton and Toronto who’s coach knows our guys , Holland just has to strike first and not wait for other teams to move 

31 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Mantha for Puljujarvi and Edm 1st. 

I’d have to think about that one man only cause we got a ton of forwards coming but maybe mantha would best served in a deal involving a top dman with real upside but it could end up being mantha for puljujarvi and broberg which is something to think about