• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’d have to think about that one man only cause we got a ton of forwards coming but maybe mantha would best served in a deal involving a top dman with real upside but it could end up being mantha for puljujarvi and broberg which is something to think about 

It's an intriguing thought.  I don't really know much about Broberg though.  I see he's fallen on most draft boards, but so have a lot of the early season top picks. 

11 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

i just can’t believe this kid from that tournament I remember has become s*** , I think he does need to get the hell out of Edmonton and fast 

I’d love fabbro but I think to land him it would be like a Nyquist we just don’t have too many assets and I think there’s a zero percent chance Avs are trading makar 

I’m listening/watching leafs radio and they are saying they need shut down dmen and forecheckers and willing to give up good price cause they think they can win , it’s too bad on our end kronwall isn’t willing to take one for the team cause I’m sure they’d jump at him in a heartbeat 

glendening 100%, Daley if he doesn’t go to Edmonton ... think if helm would waive his clause Toronto grabs him in a second but maybe if we get creative and throw them a package like helm,glendening,Daley and take back like Marleau we can land a first and liljgren

do love the thought of puljujarvi with the wings 

zadina Larkin bertuzzi 

Mantha AA puljujarvi 

thats a nice top 6 and I can see him turning it around with some  young guys with speed and skill , sadly that would mean Rasmussen who I was never really high on and wished we grabbed branstromm ends up a 3rd liner .... maybe we convince Carolina to reunite the brothers and send Rasmussen and svechnikov for bean and drury ... ahhh must be fun being a gm lol

think bean wouldn’t have to be protected as I think it’s his first ahl season so we’d be able to keep cholowski hronek liljgren bean after that Seattle draft , anyways Carolina’s a dream but I do think there’s deals to be made with Edmonton and Toronto who’s coach knows our guys , Holland just has to strike first and not wait for other teams to move 

I’d have to think about that one man only cause we got a ton of forwards coming but maybe mantha would best served in a deal involving a top dman with real upside but it could end up being mantha for puljujarvi and broberg which is something to think about 

I wouldn't trade Mantha.  He has an upside that could be big for us.  His reach and shot are off the chart.  His stamina and lower body strength are all that need work.  Our strength and conditioning coach needs to be fired, btw.

12 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

glendening 100%, Daley if he doesn’t go to Edmonton ... think if helm would waive his clause Toronto grabs him in a second but maybe if we get creative and throw them a package like helm,glendening,Daley and take back like Marleau we can land a first and liljgren

I would forgive kenny for everything he's done wrong if he somehow pulled this off and also laugh at the leafs forever :D 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I wouldn't trade Mantha.  He has an upside that could be big for us.  His reach and shot are off the chart.  His stamina and lower body strength are all that need work.  Our strength and conditioning coach needs to be fired, btw.

Love mantha and supported him as a wing for a long time , still like him but he’s gonna be 25 when next season starts and we’re still waiting for that big 30-30 type year consistently and with the likes of zadina,veleno coming soon , hopefully Berggren and possibly a top 5 pick this year ... maybe a surprise guy like Pearson who’s gone unnoticed I think mantha becomes available depending the deal (top d prospect would be a better return deal than a forward )

44 minutes ago, amato said:

I would forgive kenny for everything he's done wrong if he somehow pulled this off and also laugh at the leafs forever :D 

Think a similar type deal can be done , they so desperate for forecheckers and guys who aren’t easy to play against and those guys fit the bill ....don’t know about Daley but I’m sure him being a cup winner is a bonus to these contending teams 

Unfortunately, I don't see Holland making any of these big, multi-player trades. I think the most we'll see is Nyquist, and maybe one of Howard, Daley or Jensen traded for draft pick(s). Aside from that, I expect it to be a fairly quiet trade deadline in Detroit again... Unfortunately, I think getting any top prospects, like Puljujarvi, Bean, Fabbro, Liljegren is a pipe dream... I'd be happy with Nyquist for a 1st, and Daley for a 4th...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Unfortunately, I don't see Holland making any of these big, multi-player trades. I think the most we'll see is Nyquist, and maybe one of Howard, Daley or Jensen traded for draft pick(s). Aside from that, I expect it to be a fairly quiet trade deadline in Detroit again... Unfortunately, I think getting any top prospects, like Puljujarvi, Bean, Fabbro, Liljegren is a pipe dream... I'd be happy with Nyquist for a 1st, and Daley for a 4th...

You don't think Holland can pull this off?

To Toronto: Glendenning + Helm + Daley

To Detroit: Marleau + Liligren + 1st Round Pick

Come On!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

13 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’m listening/watching leafs radio and they are saying they need shut down dmen and forecheckers and willing to give up good price cause they think they can win , it’s too bad on our end kronwall isn’t willing to take one for the team cause I’m sure they’d jump at him in a heartbeat glendening 100%, Daley if he doesn’t go to Edmonton ... think if helm would waive his clause Toronto grabs him in a second but maybe if we get creative and throw them a package like helm,glendening,Daley and take back like Marleau we can land a first and liljgren

I'd be happy with a 2nd for Nyquist. Especially if it's a playoff bubble team like the Oilers. Mid-2nd would be OK with me. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not even if it were Chiarelli 2 bottles deep... Dubas is one of the brightest young GM's in the league. I don't see any trade scenario with the Leafs, which I'm okay with.

Nyquist to Nashville and Daley back to Dallas. Make it happen Kenny!

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd be happy with a 2nd for Nyquist. Especially if it's a playoff bubble team like the Oilers. Mid-2nd would be OK with me. 

I'd be okay with a 2nd, but I think he can and will fetch us a 1st... Hopefully...

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sadly I do agree with you that getting some of these young kids are just a pipe dream and to be honest as much as I’d love a shot at puljujarvi the forward position going forward is the least of our concerns , need to make a move for d prospects but yes it be miracle to get anything of significant at the deadline with Holland as gm

22 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I’m with krsmith I’m hoping for a first for Nyquist with the season he’s having he’s at the top of the players available outside duchene with the most pts , having a great year and I think going under the radar .... if he played with a mcdavid or Crosby with the way he’s playing and his 2 way  game I think he can really help , but hey I’m probably biased but I’m very hopeful for at least a 25-30 pick

as for the leafs maybe I’m being optimistic but from everything I’ve seen they are desperate for guys who can help them in the playoffs since their record vs the top teams are atrocious and we all know Babcock weak at the knees for glendening and he fits the bill , same with helm

maybe helm and glendening for liljgren is more realistic but I do think there’s a trade to be made with the leafs but as krsmith said we’ll likely end up with mid  picks for Jensen,Daley and Nyquist a 1st-2nd pick

5 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Sadly I do agree with you that getting some of these young kids are just a pipe dream and to be honest as much as I’d love a shot at puljujarvi the forward position going forward is the least of our concerns , need to make a move for d prospects but yes it be miracle to get anything of significant at the deadline with Holland as gm

I agree that we're pretty set up front with Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, and whoever we draft with our first pick in this year's draft. However, the one thing that does concern me about that group, is that every. single. one of them are left-handed, with the exception of maybe drafting Cozens or Dach.

Puljujarvi would at least give us a potential right-handed threat in our top 6. Something I believe we're sorely lacking... I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up for the struggling Puljujarvi, but I would hope that Holland is at least kicking the tires on any potential trade with Edmonton. Lord knows Chiarelli loves selling fast and low on top-end talent...

5 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We talking about the same guy who turned Brendan Smith and Tomas Tatar into a 1st, three 2nds, and a 3rd?

*a 1st, two 2nd's and two 3rd's*

Great return regardless.

Holland will definitely do something. No question. He just won't tear it down like some fans would like. And I'm okay with that. I'd like to see a few trades to pick up some picks / prospects, but to expect all the vets to be traded is unrealistic and quite frankly, stupid...

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Love mantha and supported him as a wing for a long time , still like him but he’s gonna be 25 when next season starts and we’re still waiting for that big 30-30 type year consistently and with the likes of zadina,veleno coming soon , hopefully Berggren and possibly a top 5 pick this year ... maybe a surprise guy like Pearson who’s gone unnoticed I think mantha becomes available depending the deal (top d prospect would be a better return deal than a forward )

Think a similar type deal can be done , they so desperate for forecheckers and guys who aren’t easy to play against and those guys fit the bill ....don’t know about Daley but I’m sure him being a cup winner is a bonus to these contending teams 

I don't doubt that the leafs may be interested in these guys. But I definitely don't think they're worth a first and liljegren.. I also don't think taking back a year and a half of marleau would help the return value that much. 

Just now, krsmith17 said:

*a 1st, two 2nd's and two 3rd's*

Good call. Lazy mistake on my part.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Holland will definitely do something. No question. He just won't tear it down like some fans would like. And I'm okay with that. I'd like to see a few trades to pick up some picks / prospects, but to expect all the vets to be traded is unrealistic and quite frankly, stupid...

Agreed.

Really, it's all about expectations/desires. If you expect or desire Holland to move out all the veterans, you're in for a world of disappointment. If you're expecting Evan Bouchard and a 1st and a bunch of other high picks, you will be angry. If you're expecting a 2nd for Nyquist and a 4th for Daley, that's realistic and it leaves some room for you to be pleasantly surprised.

Personally? Holland's exceeded my expectations re: trades and returns in each of the past two seasons. With Holland himself having all but stated that this season was always going to be a throwaway season and next season is when he wants to start to see a serious turnaround, I think there's reason to be pretty optimistic. I won't be surprised if he goes HAM on this s***. Not expecting it to play out that way (re: this season's trade deadline trades), but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

Here are some (rhetorical?) question for folks:

• Do you think the DRW brain trust wants to go through another miserable season of close-but-no-cigar losses and empty seats?
  • Do you think this is how Holland wants to go out?
  • Do you think the brain trust doesn't want to shake things up?

I've gotta think big changes are coming. Maybe not today, maybe not tommorow, but soon...

37 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We talking about the same guy who turned Brendan Smith and Tomas Tatar into a 1st, three 2nds, and a 3rd?

I’ll give him credit for smith but not tatar  it was Vegas’s first year playing beyond expectations and they wanted to make a splash and a deal fell through and made a deal with Holland with no time left , I’ll call that one luck .... but let’s not forget all the horrendous moves he’s made prior 

so ya the same guy

36 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree that we're pretty set up front with Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov, and whoever we draft with our first pick in this year's draft. However, the one thing that does concern me about that group, is that every. single. one of them are left-handed, with the exception of maybe drafting Cozens or Dach.

Puljujarvi would at least give us a potential right-handed threat in our top 6. Something I believe we're sorely lacking... I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up for the struggling Puljujarvi, but I would hope that Holland is at least kicking the tires on any potential trade with Edmonton. Lord knows Chiarelli loves selling fast and low on top-end talent...

Can’t disagree with that , if anything gives up an extra asset and makes someone expendable later to fix other problem areas ..... ummm wonder if we can convince chiarelli the quickest way to turn the oilers around would be to trade mcdavid lmao 

31 minutes ago, amato said:

I don't doubt that the leafs may be interested in these guys. But I definitely don't think they're worth a first and liljegren.. I also don't think taking back a year and a half of marleau would help the return value that much. 

I’d do it for liljgren then if possible he’s apparenyl expendable now with sandin in the mix and dermott ... marleau has one year left and he’s been atrocious and I’m sure they’d deal him if they could , his cap hit is 6 mill which pays off for Daley and helm basically 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’ll give him credit for smith but not tatar  it was Vegas’s first year playing beyond expectations and they wanted to make a splash and a deal fell through and made a deal with Holland with no time left , I’ll call that one luck .... but let’s not forget all the horrendous moves he’s made prior 

so ya the same guy

"That was just dumb luck!" is a pretty convenient stance. Not that I entirely disagree that the stars aligned for him on that Tatar trade. But, I mean, c'mon. "It'll be a miracle if Holland gets anything of significance" is a dumb take.

If anything's working against Holland, it's the fact that we just don't have many sexy assets. It's not a matter of Holland refusing to move players, nor is it a matter of Holland losing all the trades he does make. He got a 3rd for Jurco, who was a fringe roster player and is now out of the NHL entirely. He got a 3rd and a roster player for Sheahan, who was coming off a season where he scored two goals (both in the final game of the season). He got a 4th for Mrazek when all the signs were pointing to no one wanting Mrazek *for free*. He got market value for Vanek. He might've traded Green had Green not gotten hurt.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

"That was just dumb luck!" is a pretty convenient stance. Not that I entirely disagree that the stars aligned for him on that Tatar trade. But, I mean, c'mon. "It'll be a miracle if Holland gets anything of significance" is a dumb take.

If anything's working against Holland, it's the fact that we just don't have many sexy assets. It's not a matter of Holland refusing to move players, nor is it a matter of Holland losing all the trades he does make. He got a 3rd for Jurco, who was a fringe roster player and is now out of the NHL entirely. He got a 3rd and a roster player for Sheahan, who was coming off a season where he scored two goals (both in the final game of the season). He got a 4th for Mrazek when all the signs were pointing to no one wanting Mrazek *for free*. He got market value for Vanek. He might've traded Green had Green not gotten hurt.

Your making it sound like the Tatar move was all holland’s Brilliance , it was luck pure and simple which worked in our favor so I won’t complain but it is what it is IMO 

its all nice and dandy that we landed 3rds for jurco etc... but what about everything he’s done since the cap era? Abdelkader,helm,Ericsson,dekeyser,Nielsen,helm ... all horrible deals , the no trade clauses he gives away like candy thus preventing us from moving anybody, keeping around a dickhead coach who keeps pushing guys like hronek down and out of the lineup in favor of washed up vets 

hes done a lot worse moves than better ones since the cap introduction , he’s lucky we had a great 2018 draft cause the 2017 one is turning out to be a waste 

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Your making it sound like the Tatar move was all holland’s Brilliance , it was luck pure and simple which worked in our favor so I won’t complain but it is what it is IMO 

its all nice and dandy that we landed 3rds for jurco etc... but what about everything he’s done since the cap era? Abdelkader,helm,Ericsson,dekeyser,Nielsen,helm ... all horrible deals , the no trade clauses he gives away like candy thus preventing us from moving anybody, keeping around a dickhead coach who keeps pushing guys like hronek down and out of the lineup in favor of washed up vets 

hes done a lot worse moves than better ones since the cap introduction , he’s lucky we had a great 2018 draft cause the 2017 one is turning out to be a waste 

I was under the impression we were talking about trade deadline deals.

My argument is "Look at the trades he's made over the past couple of seasons. Where's the basis for saying it'll be a miracle if Holland gets anything of significance in this season's trades?" Your argument is "Holland suxxx ass."

Good talk.

26 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I was under the impression we were talking about trade deadline deals.

My argument is "Look at the trades he's made over the past couple of seasons. Where's the basis for saying it'll be a miracle if Holland gets anything of significance in this season's trades?" Your argument is "Holland suxxx ass."

Good talk.

Hey if your content with a general manager picking up 3rd picks that’ll likely result in nothing than by all means he’s a brilliant gm 

Great talk

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Here lies Ken Holland:

He was sucky

and

He was lucky

He sucky sucky longtime 

David Backes is 34 years old, has 12 points (4 goals, 8 assists) in 38 games this season, and is a healthy scratch tonight in Boston against the Blues...

No, I'm not bringing up Backes as a possible trade target... My point is, why can't the Red Wings ever make these "tough decisions", and scratch a vet???

Jonathan Ericsson is 34 years old, has 5 points (3 goals, 2 assists) in 30 games this season, and has never to my recollection been a healthy scratch in the past several seasons...

I've never been one to bash Ericsson. I think he's a serviceable bottom pairing defenseman. However, scratching a 21 year old Hronek, who has as many points in his past 5 games as Big E has in the season, for the 2nd straight game, is flat out ridiculous...

What happens when Daley is back healthy? Holland really needs to address this log jam on defense as soon as possible. Unfortunately the only defenseman that I think Holland would be willing to trade that I'd want to trade is Daley, and just coming off an injury, that could be a tough sell...

Just now, nyqvististhefuture said:

Hey if your content with a general manager picking up 3rd picks that’ll likely result in nothing than by all means he’s a brilliant gm

"Let's acknowledge that the Smith trade was a good one and let's discount the fantastic Tatar trade "because luck" and let's ignore that he's gotten pretty good value for middling players and let's ignore that if Green doesn't get hurt late last season we probably go into the 2018 draft with three 1sts and let's ignore that the whole problem with this team is the lack of really sexy assets/trade chips. Holland is garbage and there's no reason at all to believe he can get anything of significance in a trade this season, because he is garbage. I'm not biased, I'm just stating facts."

Excellent talk.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What happens when Daley is back healthy?

Another defenseman goes out with an injury. Been this way the past 90 years, don't know why this month should be any different.

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

"Let's acknowledge that the Smith trade was a good one and let's discount the fantastic Tatar trade "because luck" and let's ignore that he's gotten pretty good value for middling players and let's ignore that if Green doesn't get hurt late last season we probably go into the 2018 draft with three 1sts and let's ignore that the whole problem with this team is the lack of really sexy assets/trade chips. Holland is garbage and there's no reason at all to believe he can get anything of significance in a trade this season, because he is garbage. I'm not biased, I'm just stating facts."

Excellent talk.

Another defenseman goes out with an injury. Been this way the past 90 years, don't know why this month should be any different.

I’d say ok talk like Kh’s work

later 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture