• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Another defenseman goes out with an injury. Been this way the past 90 years, don't know why this month should be any different.

I'll never wish injury on another player, especially a Red Wing... but...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I'll never wish injury on another player, especially a Red Wing... but...

["the most annoying sound in the world" scene from Dumb and Dumber but it's "the most depressing sight in the world" and it's just Lloyd writing the names of our defensemen]

19 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’d do it for liljgren then if possible he’s apparenyl expendable now with sandin in the mix and dermott ... marleau has one year left and he’s been atrocious and I’m sure they’d deal him if they could , his cap hit is 6 mill which pays off for Daley and helm basically 

I would love to get liljegren, don't get me wrong. I might've been his biggest fan around here when he was getting drafted. I could see maybe a Marleau and Liljegren for Helm and Glendog, IF they really view Liljegren as expendable. Mostly because bobcock loves those guys. But I'm not so sure they view him as expendable. He's still a very solid prospect.

1 hour ago, amato said:

I would love to get liljegren, don't get me wrong. I might've been his biggest fan around here when he was getting drafted. I could see maybe a Marleau and Liljegren for Helm and Glendog, IF they really view Liljegren as expendable. Mostly because bobcock loves those guys. But I'm not so sure they view him as expendable. He's still a very solid prospect.

Expendable in the sense that sandin and dermott are waiting in the wings to come up and get more ice time in dermott’s case , but don’t think that’ll just mean they’d give him liljgren away but I do think he can be had 

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Expendable in the sense that sandin and dermott are waiting in the wings to come up and get more ice time in dermott’s case , but don’t think that’ll just mean they’d give him liljgren away but I do think he can be had 

Rielly, Gardiner (may still re-sign), Dermott, Sandin and Borgman are all left-handed defensemen. Liljegren is their only high-end right-handed defenseman. It would be foolish for them to trade him, and I highly doubt they will, unless it's for a top 4 right-handed defenseman. They definitely won't trade him for 3rd / 4th line depth forwards...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Rielly, Gardiner (may still re-sign), Dermott, Sandin and Borgman are all left-handed defensemen. Liljegren is their only high-end right-handed defenseman. It would be foolish for them to trade him, and I highly doubt they will, unless it's for a top 4 right-handed defenseman. They definitely won't trade him for 3rd / 4th line depth forwards...

This ^ is a polite way of saying "GTFO with your ridiculous trade speculation nimrod" 

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

This ^ is a polite way of saying "GTFO with your ridiculous trade speculation nimrod" 

Aren’t you a clever little child 

https://editorinleaf.com/2019/01/14/toronto-maple-leafs-timothy-liljegren-5/

saw it mentioned on tsn as well ... I’m not sitting down thinking of rumors , got me confused with Eklund 

krsmith I don’t know what they’d trade him for I’m saying he’s available with the emergence of sandin ... so they say, if he’s available and they’re stupid enough to trade him then we should see what the cost would be ... if they want a relevant piece at the deadline he might be the guy who likely gets moved unless they wait in the off season and move nylander 

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

saw it mentioned on tsn as well ... I’m not sitting down thinking of rumors , got me confused with Eklund 

krsmith I don’t know what they’d trade him for I’m saying he’s available with the emergence of sandin ... so they say, if he’s available and they’re stupid enough to trade him then we should see what the cost would be ... if they want a relevant piece at the deadline he might be the guy who likely gets moved unless they wait in the off season and move nylander 

Not saying Lillygreen won't be dealt. Saying there's no effing way he can be acquired with Glendenning Daley Helm etc. 

Imagine if Detroit traded Veleno for Eric Fehr. Who here would be happy? 

3 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nylander isn't looking too good since returning after holding out. Maybe that big money/term deal he signed is weighing him down. So many Leaf fans around here are pissed, it's great. If he doesn't pick it up soon, no ones making a deal for him in the offseason with that contract. The time to trade him was before this. 

37 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Not saying Lillygreen won't be dealt. Saying there's no effing way he can be acquired with Glendenning Daley Helm etc. 

We did trade Calle Jarnkrok and a 2nd round pick for David Legwand... Not saying they're the same, but at least somewhat similar I would say.

There's no doubt that GM's sometimes make "bad trades" when they get desperate, in win-now mode. However, I do agree that there's zero chance we get a top prospect from Toronto for any of Daley, Helm or Glendening. No matter how "expendable" another player has made said prospect...

50 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Now your just exaggerating ... first off the deal would make a hell of a lot more sense for the leafs since they’re a cup contender and have a window to go for it with all the big contracts coming up to Matthews  and marner soon ... what the hell purpose would the wings have in trading veleno for a plumber? I also mentioned 3 guys in the scenario with term left where fehr has one year left but I get what your trying to say but again we’re in rebuild mode and the leafs are going for the cup

9 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Nylander isn't looking too good since returning after holding out. Maybe that big money/term deal he signed is weighing him down. So many Leaf fans around here are pissed, it's great. If he doesn't pick it up soon, no ones making a deal for him in the offseason with that contract. The time to trade him was before this. 

Always only takes one team and I do believe they’d find a taker ... I do think he’s just a complimentary piece though and not someone you want to be the go to guy on your team , there’s always a sucker though ... Edmonton?carolina? Someone will take him

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

We did trade Calle Jarnkrok and a 2nd round pick for David Legwand... Not saying they're the same, but at least somewhat similar I would say.

There's no doubt that GM's sometimes make "bad trades" when they get desperate, in win-now mode. However, I do agree that there's zero chance we get a top prospect from Toronto for any of Daley, Helm or Glendening. No matter how "expendable" another player has made said prospect...

Don’t forget the genius trade for a guy with a history of neck injuries in Eric cole , and those moves were sadly just to keep an unimportant streak alive where as Toronto has a legit shot at the cup if they fix some gaps 

and I didn’t just suggest glendening or any single one player would get it done , I’d trade all 3 who have term left if possible , maybe throw in a hicketts whatever ... will it get done? Probably not but like you mentioned there’s been a lot of stupid deals made and we made some of them so It wouldn’t surprise me if liljgren was traded for someone who’s not say  puljujarvi or young player with upside ... they want some nhl experienced vets right now 

anyways trade deadline is soon enough so we’ll see who gets deal or not pretty quick

13 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

LOL That one still sucks.

Cole trade as well , don’t care janmark is struggling this year but the whole team is and we lost a second I believe that had guys like Jordan greenway available at our turn I think ...on well least we kept our streak alive 

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Now your just exaggerating ... first off the deal would make a hell of a lot more sense for the leafs since they’re a cup contender and have a window to go for it with all the big contracts coming up to Matthews  and marner soon ... what the hell purpose would the wings have in trading veleno for a plumber? I also mentioned 3 guys in the scenario with term left where fehr has one year left but I get what your trying to say but again we’re in rebuild mode and the leafs are going for the cup

Always only takes one team and I do believe they’d find a taker ... I do think he’s just a complimentary piece though and not someone you want to be the go to guy on your team , there’s always a sucker though ... Edmonton?carolina? Someone will take him

True, but he does make quite a bit for a complimentary piece, especially if not much changes with him. I understand wanting to get him signed with his past performances, but he's got 3 points in 18 games. And 14 PIM, 4 more than he did in 82 games last year. He's snakebitten and frustrated, clearly.

39 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

True, but he does make quite a bit for a complimentary piece, especially if not much changes with him. I understand wanting to get him signed with his past performances, but he's got 3 points in 18 games. And 14 PIM, 4 more than he did in 82 games last year. He's snakebitten and frustrated, clearly.

Teams will just say he missed training camp ,his legs aren’t up to par yet and it’ll take him time to get back into the flow 

i do think if he gets ppl time elsewhere and ice time he can get 30 goals per year but I don’t think he’s a bonafide star that’ll lead a team to the top but as mentioned teams desperate for offence like oilers,Carolina, maybe Arizona etc... will take him , don’t know what the leafs could get back in return ... would kinda suck to see puljujarvi ending up in Toronto and breaking out though

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Teams will just say he missed training camp ,his legs aren’t up to par yet and it’ll take him time to get back into the flow 

i do think if he gets ppl time elsewhere and ice time he can get 30 goals per year but I don’t think he’s a bonafide star that’ll lead a team to the top but as mentioned teams desperate for offence like oilers,Carolina, maybe Arizona etc... will take him , don’t know what the leafs could get back in return ... would kinda suck to see puljujarvi ending up in Toronto and breaking out though

So you peg him as a Larkin type...

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Just cause I can see him scoring 30?theres players who can score and do not much else and that’s nylander ... Larkin’s a great two way guy who can kill penalties and is a leader and future c they’re not even the same league 

Ummm yea, they are... the NHL.  lol