• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

I think scratching Cholowski is a terrible decision, but the timing of it makes it even worse... Cholo is from Langley, which is less than an hour from Vancouver. I'm sure he, along with all of his family and friends have had this game circled on their calendar all season. It would suck to see him a healthy scratch for his first game against his hometown team...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I think scratching Cholowski is a terrible decision, but the timing of it makes it even worse... Cholo is from Langley, which is less than an hour from Vancouver. I'm sure he, along with all of his family and friends have had this game circled on their calendar all season. It would suck to see him a healthy scratch for his first game against his hometown team...

Yeah - total dick move if it does happen.

Having a good laugh at the Leafs/Nylander/Gardiner fiasco...Should start taking bets when the fans take to the streets with torches, and pitchforks...

Cholowski was bad in Calgary and has been treading water for a while now, so I'm ok with him sitting. Sucks that veterans continue to be unscratchable and sucks that Cholowski won't be playing in front of family and friends, but at this point I don't care. With the way he and the team have been playing, maybe this will actually spare the kid some embarrassment.

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

Cholowski was bad in Calgary and has been treading water for a while now, so I'm ok with him sitting. Sucks that veterans continue to be unscratchable and sucks that Cholowski won't be playing in front of family and friends, but at this point I don't care. With the way he and the team have been playing, maybe this will actually spare the kid some embarrassment.

Not to play Devil's advocate, but what kinda message does that really send though, by scratching a guy who's arguably been one of our best D men all season, for a game close to his home town where all his folks will come to see him play? And not only that, scratch him for another young guy, rather than hold the veterans who have been dragging this team down for years? Where's the accountability? And how are these guys actually gonna learn by doing? 

This is one of the primary reasons I want Blashill replaced next season. Same s***, different season. 

4 minutes ago, wings4thecup06 said:

Not to play Devil's advocate, but what kinda message does that really send though, by scratching a guy who's arguably been one of our best D men all season, for a game close to his home town where all his folks will come to see him play? And not only that, scratch him for another young guy, rather than hold the veterans who have been dragging this team down for years? Where's the accountability? And how are these guys actually gonna learn by doing? 

This is one of the primary reasons I want Blashill replaced next season. Same s***, different season. 

This isn't really a Blashill thing, though. I could see any other coach making the same call.

The message it sends to Cholowski is nothing Cholowski isn't mature enough to understand and embrace, He hasn't been playing well lately. He hasn't been putting up points lately. He was awful against the Flames. Unlike the veterans, he's very young (especially for an NHL defenseman) and is still developing, so giving him a night off every now and then isn't going to hurt him and will probably help him.

16 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Yeah - total dick move if it does happen.

Having a good laugh at the Leafs/Nylander/Gardiner fiasco...Should start taking bets when the fans take to the streets with torches, and pitchforks...

So many Leaf fans around here are pissed about how Nylander is stinking it up after holding out for what amounts to 8 million a season, although cap hit is around 6.5 i think with the deal being front loaded. Kid is making 10 million this season. TEN. MILLION. Should have traded him IMO, probably could have got a solid second pairing D man. They have plenty of scoring without him. I don't watch any Leaf games, but knowing their fan base, i can imagine the fans are just letting him have it when he's on the ice. haha

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

So many Leaf fans around here are pissed about how Nylander is stinking it up after holding out for what amounts to 8 million a season, although cap hit is around 6.5 i think with the deal being front loaded. Kid is making 10 million this season. TEN. MILLION. Should have traded him IMO, probably could have got a solid second pairing D man. They have plenty of scoring without him. I don't watch any Leaf games, but knowing their fan base, i can imagine the fans are just letting him have it when he's on the ice. haha

feels-good-man-thumb.jpg

27 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Wings should take a flyer on Rattie (reclamation project) and waive Ehn...

He’s gonna be 26 and with zadina waiting in the wings , Rasmussen who can use a bigger role do we need rattie?? if we trade glendening we might need ehn as a 4th liner,13th forward guy ... if we pick up rattie I’d do it in favor of frk I had hopes for frk but it’s become quite obvious his days are numbered 

21 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’s gonna be 26 and with zadina waiting in the wings , Rasmussen who can use a bigger role do we need rattie?? if we trade glendening we might need ehn as a 4th liner,13th forward guy ... if we pick up rattie I’d do it in favor of frk I had hopes for frk but it’s become quite obvious his days are numbered 

No we don't "need" Rattie, but if he's an upgrade over anyone on the current roster (I think he is), I don't see the harm in it. He wouldn't be taking a spot from Zadina or Rasmussen, he would be taking Ehn's spot, who is a replacement level player. Or sure, Frk could be the player waived, but I'd still have Rattie in the lineup over Ehn.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

No we don't "need" Rattie, but if he's an upgrade over anyone on the current roster (I think he is), I don't see the harm in it. He wouldn't be taking a spot from Zadina or Rasmussen, he would be taking Ehn's spot, who is a replacement level player. Or sure, Frk could be the player waived, but I'd still have Rattie in the lineup over Ehn.

Well I was just looking more ahead with zadina for next year which I shouldn’t have , thay my bad. ... I’d rather give Rasmussen top 6 minutes though considering we wasted a 9th on him so He’d better be more than a grinding 3rd liner who parks himself in front on the ppl 

so could be wrong rattie would be on the 3rd line if he came here ... I don’t know he’s gonna be 26 and likely a future European player in a year or 2 so don’t know if he’s worth a gamble but if we get rid of glendening,vanek etc...

then sure why not , it’s not s big deal again between ehn and frk but I just think ehn has more of a future in Detroit , granted it’s nit much but I can see him sticking around another 2-3 ya where as frk is just done, it’s unfortunate but if he isn’t playing now he never will with zadina next year,maybe svechnikov etc.. but again not a big deal either way just a preference frk is the one gone

43 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well I was just looking more ahead with zadina for next year which I shouldn’t have , thay my bad. ... I’d rather give Rasmussen top 6 minutes though considering we wasted a 9th on him so He’d better be more than a grinding 3rd liner who parks himself in front on the ppl 

so could be wrong rattie would be on the 3rd line if he came here ... I don’t know he’s gonna be 26 and likely a future European player in a year or 2 so don’t know if he’s worth a gamble but if we get rid of glendening,vanek etc...

then sure why not , it’s not s big deal again between ehn and frk but I just think ehn has more of a future in Detroit , granted it’s nit much but I can see him sticking around another 2-3 ya where as frk is just done, it’s unfortunate but if he isn’t playing now he never will with zadina next year,maybe svechnikov etc.. but again not a big deal either way just a preference frk is the one gone

I see Ehn as another Joakim Andersson, aka, replacement level, aka, he sucks. Claiming a player like Rattie would have zero impact on any of our top 6, or even top 9 players, this year or next. He would be taking a spot from someone on our 4th line. And who knows, he may find that scoring touch again. He had back-to-back 100+ point seasons in the W, was nearly a point per game in the A, and put up 9 points in 14 games with Oilers last season. There's zero risk or gamble in claiming a player off waivers. If he works out, great. If he doesn't, whatever. Waive him. Nothing lost.

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I see Ehn as another Joakim Andersson, aka, replacement level, aka, he sucks. Claiming a player like Rattie would have zero impact on any of our top 6, or even top 9 players, this year or next. He would be taking a spot from someone on our 4th line. And who knows, he may find that scoring touch again. He had back-to-back 100+ point seasons in the W, was nearly a point per game in the A, and put up 9 points in 14 games with Oilers last season. There's zero risk or gamble in claiming a player off waivers. If he works out, great. If he doesn't, whatever. Waive him. Nothing lost.

Ya I see frk same as you see ehn though both goners from the league soon anyways ... same with rattie doesn’t really get me excited when I see guys hit 100 pts in the minors just like when I see guys on twitter going bananas on veleno putting up pts every game , I’m calming down my expectations on the guy 

but I see your point with rattie nothing to lose by trying him out even for a dozen games or so we can always kick him to the curb then  ... what are the rankings now for teams claiming players off waivers were #3??  If sens are before us I can see them taking both cause owner likes cheap players and spooner is an Ottawa kid and at 2 million his worth the risk taking with the hopes he can be a 35-45 pt guy next year 

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya I see frk same as you see ehn though both goners from the league soon anyways ... same with rattie doesn’t really get me excited when I see guys hit 100 pts in the minors just like when I see guys on twitter going bananas on veleno putting up pts every game , I’m calming down my expectations on the guy 

but I see your point with rattie nothing to lose by trying him out even for a dozen games or so we can always kick him to the curb then  ... what are the rankings now for teams claiming players off waivers were #3??  If sens are before us I can see them taking both cause owner likes cheap players and spooner is an Ottawa kid and at 2 million his worth the risk taking with the hopes he can be a 35-45 pt guy next year 

You're acting as if the only thing he has on his resume is those 100+ point junior seasons... He's been very good at every level, including the pro's. Again, it's zero risk.

Red Wings would be #2 on the waiver wire, LA being the only team ahead of them.

Spooner is a salary dump. No one's taking that contract ($3.1M for another season) for a mediocre bottom six forward.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

You're acting as if the only thing he has on his resume is those 100+ point junior seasons... He's been very good at every level, including the pro's. Again, it's zero risk.

Red Wings would be #2 on the waiver wire, LA being the only team ahead of them.

Spooner is a salary dump. No one's taking that contract ($3.1M for another season) for a mediocre bottom six forward.

Dude you wanna give him a shot then by all means I’m up for it but your the one acting like these this great player who’s has a great resume including pro’s ... your words ... he hasn’t even hit 100 games yet and he’s gonna be 26 , thats nothing to write home about and there’s a reason he hasn’t been playing in the nhl 

peobably not but I can see him joining the sens at some point being a 3$ Mill under player ... you call him a mediocre player but he’s had a hall of fame nhl career compared to rattie thus far you can get angry but the numbers don’t lie ... and prior to this year he’s been about a 40 pt guy and I don’t think going to Edmonton of all places was gonna help him

anyways we see what happens with rattie, I’m hoping to get rid of glendening and bottom dwellers on the team so I’m up for it

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dude you wanna give him a shot then by all means I’m up for it but your the one acting like these this great player who’s has a great resume including pro’s ... your words ... he hasn’t even hit 100 games yet and he’s gonna be 26 , thats nothing to write home about and there’s a reason he hasn’t been playing in the nhl 

peobably not but I can see him joining the sens at some point being a 3$ Mill under player ... you call him a mediocre player but he’s had a hall of fame nhl career compared to rattie thus far you can get angry but the numbers don’t lie ... and prior to this year he’s been about a 40 pt guy and I don’t think going to Edmonton of all places was gonna help him

anyways we see what happens with rattie, I’m hoping to get rid of glendening and bottom dwellers on the team so I’m up for it

What are you talking about? Who's getting angry? Great player? I said he's an upgrade over Christoffer Ehn. That's it. That is literally the extent to how "great" I think he is. If we don't claim him, oh well. I just wouldn't mind seeing him given a shot over Ehn. I also think he could be an upgrade over de la Rose, who we claimed a few months ago...

If we're claiming one of them (again, I dont care if we do), I'd much rather claim the $800K over the $3.1M bottom six forward...