• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

On 2/18/2019 at 6:03 AM, AtlantaHotWings said:

You all noticed yesterday that a vet was sat in favor of a rookie...

From here....https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/02/red-wings-anthony-mantha-answered-bell-in-fight-excelled-in-loss.html important points bolded well at least in my opinion. 

"Ericsson scratched

Jonathan Ericsson was a healthy scratch to make room for Filip Hronek, up for his third stint with the Red Wings. Hronek logged 14:18 (no points, one shot, minus-1) and apparently will remain in the lineup

“I thought he was good tonight,” Blashill said. “I like Fil. We sent Fil down earlier in the year, he didn’t have a great camp, needed to get better at things. I think he’s gotten better. We sent him down again, my message to him was be the best player on the ice in the American League, stand out, look like you should be in the NHL, and I think he did that to a large degree after he stopped yelling at refs.

“He’s strong, he seals, he creates stalls in the D-zone, he can create offense.”

Blashill wasn’t happy with his defense in Saturday’s game and explained why Ericsson was the odd-man out.

“He was, for me, the worst of the six (defensemen) last night,” Blashill said. “He struggled. I think he knew that.""

Hello buyout ...lol 

Ericsson's lateral movement is so bad. If he can play in a straight line he's decent. He's a pretty decent passer but he's just not fast enough anywhere on the ice. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

According to Khan, Red Wings considering sending Rasmussen back to the W (Tri-City), which would make him eligible for AHL playoffs with the Griffins.

Edit: I would assume he would have to remain in junior until they are eliminated from the playoffs. Tri-City are currently in a Wild Card spot.

Yup, Ken and Mickey were talking aboout this on a recent broadcast.

On 2/18/2019 at 8:03 AM, AtlantaHotWings said:

You all noticed yesterday that a vet was sat in favor of a rookie...

From here....https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2019/02/red-wings-anthony-mantha-answered-bell-in-fight-excelled-in-loss.html important points bolded well at least in my opinion. 

"Ericsson scratched

Jonathan Ericsson was a healthy scratch to make room for Filip Hronek, up for his third stint with the Red Wings. Hronek logged 14:18 (no points, one shot, minus-1) and apparently will remain in the lineup

“I thought he was good tonight,” Blashill said. “I like Fil. We sent Fil down earlier in the year, he didn’t have a great camp, needed to get better at things. I think he’s gotten better. We sent him down again, my message to him was be the best player on the ice in the American League, stand out, look like you should be in the NHL, and I think he did that to a large degree after he stopped yelling at refs.

“He’s strong, he seals, he creates stalls in the D-zone, he can create offense.”

Blashill wasn’t happy with his defense in Saturday’s game and explained why Ericsson was the odd-man out.

“He was, for me, the worst of the six (defensemen) last night,” Blashill said. “He struggled. I think he knew that.""

Hello buyout ...lol 

Welcome to the party Blashill. 

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

My buddy is saying deal is in place with Winnepeg.  

Nyquist + Jensen 

For

2019 1st and 2020 2nd

Just waiting on Winnepeg.

Does that include a gentlemans agreement on us trading that 1st back for a signed Trouba in the offseadon?

On 2/19/2019 at 5:07 PM, AtlantaHotWings said:

LOL good point maybe it was simply seeing it in print was the shocker...?

On 2/20/2019 at 4:12 AM, kylee said:

Just think...Ericsson has made a career with us for 10 years being a bottom pair boneheaded slow defenseman..

To be fair, I think people have been way to hard on E over the years. He was a 9th round draft pick, last overall (the draft is only 7 rounds now). We shouldn't have had any expectations about him playing in the NHL at all, let being alone a 10 year regular. He has beyond exceeded any reasonable expectations and has accomplished something many other Wings picks havent, playing in the NHL. At least E made it. Literally every other Wings draft pick since Ericcson has been picked higher, and most never made it at all. We've had 1st and 2nd rounders who couldn't match E's accomplishments. Why aren't they whipping boys? Why arent the guys who should have made it and didn't the butt of jokes? Better to cough up pucks in the NHL than never be there at all.

Instead we crap on the guy who we should in fact be praising. The one who, against significant odds, acheived his dream.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

To be fair, I think people have been way to hard on E over the years. He was a 9th round draft pick, last overall (the draft is only 7 rounds now). We shouldn't have had any expectations about him playing in the NHL at all, let being alone a 10 year regular. He has beyond exceeded any reasonable expectations and has accomplished something many other Wings picks havent, playing in the NHL. At least E made it. Literally every other Wings draft pick since Ericcson has been picked higher, and most never made it at all. We've had 1st and 2nd rounders who couldn't match E's accomplishments. Why aren't they whipping boys? Why arent the guys who should have made it and didn't the butt of jokes? Better to cough up pucks in the NHL than never be there at all.

Instead we crap on the guy who we should in fact be praising. The one who, against significant odds, acheived his dream.

The fact that his career has been better than one could reasonably expect doesn't mean that he still needs to be on the team, or that we should all tip our hats to his ability to exceed expectations.  Another way of looking at it might be, why did a 9th round pick play on your blue line for 10 years when such a thing as free agency exists?

Congrats on a quality career Big E, now please, PLEASE, go the f*** away.