• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

The fact that his career has been better than one could reasonably expect doesn't mean that he still needs to be on the team, or that we should all tip our hats to his ability to exceed expectations.  Another way of looking at it might be, why did a 9th round pick play on your blue line for 10 years when such a thing as free agency exists?

Congrats on a quality career Big E, now please, PLEASE, go the f*** away. 

So he doesn't deserve a measure of praise and respect? Do you really think he deserves all of the hate he gets? I don't.

People wanna complain everytime he makes a mistake despite the fact he's a 4/5 dman playing above his skill set every night. There are guys since E that merit much more disgust that get a pass because they aren't here, they're irrelevant. Cant hate on those guys because they're forgotten. But E is convenient. He's on the team. He's on the ice. He's visible, so let's overreact at every gaffe. Let's put this teams accumulative suckage on one guy. Yep. That's completely fair and rational.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So he doesn't deserve a measure of praise and respect? Do you really think he deserves all of the hate he gets? I don't.

People wanna complain everytime he makes a mistake despite the fact he's a 4/5 dman playing above his skill set every night. There are guys since E that merit much more disgust that get a pass because they aren't here, they're irrelevant. Cant hate on those guys because they're forgotten. But E is convenient. He's on the team. He's on the ice. He's visible, so let's overreact at every gaffe. Let's put this teams accumulative suckage on one guy. Yep. That's completely fair and rational.

Lol. Wait, are you saying I should criticize guys who AREN'T on the team more than the guy who IS?  Alright man, you win.  The next time Ericsson turns the puck over in the defensive zone I'll be sure to blame Brendan Smith.  In your world that will be "fair and rational". 

Also, nobody "hates" Ericsson.  They think he sucks. And he does suck, so what's the problem?  If you were the GM of this team would you let Jonathan Ericsson play on your blueline for 10 years? Other than Witkowski, Ericsson is DEFINITELY the worst defenseman on this team. 

Edited by kipwinger

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It's 2019 not 2015. The debate you're trying to bring up has long been settled. Yes there were those that irrationally shat on the guy for years. But the truth is that he just sucks and it's time to move on. Had a great year in 2013 and declined badly. Even the anti-hate Ericsson crowd (like myself) agree that he hasn't been cutting it for a long time and is an overpaid player. That much was made obvious and definitive around 2016-ish. To the point where Jeff Blashill has scratched him. 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:
  • Lol. Wait, are you saying I should criticize guys who AREN'T on the team more than the guy who IS?  Alright man, you win.  The next time Ericsson turns the puck over in the defensive zone I'll be sure to blame Brendan Smith.  In your world that will be "fair and rational". 

Also, nobody "hates" Ericsson.  They think he sucks. And he does suck, so what's the problem?  If you were the GM of this team would you let Jonathan Ericsson play on your blueline for 10 years? Other than Witkowski, Ericsson is DEFINITELY the worst defenseman on this team. 

No. Just that there way bigger disappointments.

No, it wouldn't. Blame Smith for Smith's mistakes, E for E's, but don't over-exaggerate them.

He doesn't suck. He looked just fine when he had a better D corp around him. He was able to play a secondary role more appropriate to his abilities. Now he's forced to do too much. If he is really as bad as people make him out to be, he never would have been signed to that contract in the first place. Unless of course Holland is as dumb as people think he is (he isn't).

A better GM than I would ever be did.

Who said otherwise? Not me.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

It's 2019 not 2015. The debate you're trying to bring up has long been settled. Yes there were those that irrationally shat on the guy for years. But the truth is that he just sucks and it's time to move on. Had a great year in 2013 and declined badly. Even the anti-hate Ericsson crowd (like myself) agree that he hasn't been cutting it for a long time and is an overpaid player. That much was made obvious and definitive around 2016-ish. To the point where Jeff Blashill has scratched him. 

Disagree with the bold. Agree with the underlined.

2nd bold: Never said otherwise. Over his head? Yep. Overpaid for what he brings? Yep. Deserving all of the crap he gets from "fans"? Nope.

If he wasn't being paid 4.25 mil but instead being paid a fraction of that and being used as a depth defenseman, I don't think anyone would be complaining. Oh, wait, they'd still be complaining... that he's still breathing.

28 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Disagree with the bold. Agree with the underlined.

2nd bold: Never said otherwise. Over his head? Yep. Overpaid for what he brings? Yep. Deserving all of the crap he gets from "fans"? Nope.

If he wasn't being paid 4.25 mil but instead being paid a fraction of that and being used as a depth defenseman, I don't think anyone would be complaining. Oh, wait, they'd still be complaining... that he's still breathing.

I think overexaggerating the hate. Maybe it was true a few years ago, but this topic seems out of date today. 

People have long called for Ericsson to be benched or traded. His visible gaffes cost us a lot of goals and the same applies to Brenden Smith. And we know what ended up happening to that guy. Fans may not understand the game through the perspective of a GM or coach all that well, but they certainly can see a player that isn't good and should have been traded years ago. Instead he's still here. At least with Smith we weren't handicapped with a bad contract so Holland traded him while he still could. Got a nice return for Smith and he ended up proving to suck. 

Ericsson would likely have ended up the same way had we traded him during the window of opportunity 2-3 years ago. Instead he has a roster spot on a team that has had terrible defensive depth for years. 

Edited by kickazz

As I've said numerous times before...Signing Marleau was a bad idea, and now these kids want their $$$ without any care about winning the Cup.

I honestly believe Detroit will win it again before the Leafs.

As for Kessel, and Malkin...Who'd want those 2?

Edited by F.Michael

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

As I've said numerous times before...Signing Marleau was a bad idea, and now these kids want their $$$ without any care about winning the Cup.

I honestly believe Detroit will win it again before the Leafs.

As for Kessel, and Malkin...Who'd want those 2?

And Tavares and Nylander honestly. Marleau is undneeded and puts them in cap hell, but Tavares just made the standard for all their young players $11 million dollars. Just look at Nylander, he made over $10 million this year after his temper tantrum and missing half the season lol. Yzerman would have Drouin'd that brat. Marner wants his $11.5 million and I don't blame him. Dubas is permanently wearing the shocked pikachu face right now. Hopefully those classy Tronna fans don't start to turn on him...

Rumor Round Up 6/11

• Flyers
    • Fletcher will be very aggressive this summer
    • #11 pick may be available
    • Ghostbear may be available
    • Nolan Patrick may be available
    • Interest in Hayes in FA
  • Habs
    • Byron may be available
    • Shaw may be available
    • Interest in Duchene in FA
    • Interest in Ghostbear in a trade
  • Chicago
    • Interest in Ryan Murray in a trade
  • Colorado
  • Columbus
    • Ryan Murray may be available
  • Ducks
    • Perry available (may buy out)
  • Penguins
    • Kessell available (wants to play in the southwest)
  • Nashville
    • Kyle Turris may be available
    • Subban may be available
  • Edmonton
    • Puljujarvi available
    • Lucic available
  • Vancouver
    • Interest in Lucic in a trade
    • Interest in Zucker in a trae
    • Eriksson available
  • Minnesota
    • Zucker available
  • Buffalo
    • Interest in Zucker in a trade
  • Toronto
    • Zaitsev available
    • Kadri may be available
    • Marleau available (wants to go west)
    • Gardiner may be available
    • Kapanen may be available
    • Johnsson may be available
    • Brown may be available
  • Kings
    • Carter may be available
    • Interest in Marleau in a trade
  • Arizona
    • Interest in Marleau in a trade
  • Winnipeg
    • Trouba may be available
  • Tampa
    • Callahan may be available
    • Interest in Karlsson in FA
  • Florida
    • Interest in Panarin in FA
    • Interest in Bobrovsky in FA
  • Ottawa
    • Interest in Spezza in FA
  • Calgary
    • Brodie may be available
    • Hamonic may be available
  • KHL
    • Markov may be interested in returning to the NHL

Alright what did I miss?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Alright what did I miss?

• Detroit (and by Detroit, I mean me)

- Interest in Trouba
             - Interest in Callahan (or more so the assets that come with him)
             - Interest in Kapanen (offer sheet $4.2M)
             - Interest in Puljujarvi

Rutherford now reporting that a Kessell trade is unlikely.

I think it was Kypreos who was on barstool sports the other day who said Kessell wants to go to a very specific team in the southwest. I got the impression he meant San Jose or maybe Vegas. Doubt he wants to go to Kings, Ducks, or Yotes when he can have another shot at a cup with the Pens next year. SJ probably just didn't have the room to bring him on. Maybe if Karlsson stayin in SJ falls through they get him at the draft...

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rutherford now reporting that a Kessell trade is unlikely.

I think it was Kypreos who was on barstool sports the other day who said Kessell wants to go to a very specific team in the southwest. I got the impression he meant San Jose or maybe Vegas. Doubt he wants to go to Kings, Ducks, or Yotes when he can have another shot at a cup with the Pens next year. SJ probably just didn't have the room to bring him on. Maybe if Karlsson stayin in SJ falls through they get him at the draft...

Phil Kessel or Phil Kessell?

Have a link to the article? 

Wtfff just watched this French show and there talking hockey rumours and they said yzerman is looking at Kyle Turris ... I know he played well with him with team canada but no thanks , also said mantha had great moments in the tournament with a different coach and he  should consider firing blashill (duh) although he finished the season strong 

umm keep blashill one more year and hope we get a top 5 pick again and then ship him out 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Wtfff just watched this French show and there talking hockey rumours and they said yzerman is looking at Kyle Turris ... I know he played well with him with team canada but no thanks , also said mantha had great moments in the tournament with a different coach and he  should consider firing blashill (duh) although he finished the season strong 

umm keep blashill one more year and hope we get a top 5 pick again and then ship him out 

Would you rather... accept the Turris contract and fire Blash, or not gain Turris but have to keep Blash?

48 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Would you rather... accept the Turris contract and fire Blash, or not gain Turris but have to keep Blash?

Easy keep blashill, should give us great odds at another top 5 pick , we hopefully have great 2018,2019 and 2020 drafts , trouba  signs July 1 2020 , fire blashill and we get this thing turned around 

all that being said Turris at 5 more years at 6 per season isn’t a smart move and we have the bertuzzi Larkin mantha line already that have chemistry but I’m sure blashill will find a way to f*** that up and hopefully mantha won’t cost too much to sign and we’ll get a bargain once we get a new coach