• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You're like Vegan in a hummer with leather seats. Pick a side and blindly follow it.

I am an animal lover who proudly eats red meat. What does that make me?

And as long as a Vegan doesnt eat the leather seats, how is ur analogy a contradiction?

Also, I love drinking some hard seider while I am slamming some zagina. What guy doesn't?

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

33 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am an animal lover who proudly eats red meat. What does that make me?

Normal and boring. Kill for sport. Team people.

39 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And as long as a Vegan doesnt eat the leather seats, how is ur analogy a contradiction?

Vegans don't use any animal products. At least the true vegans don't.

41 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Also, I love drinking some hard seider while I am slamming some zagina. What guy doesn't?

They put estrogen in those hard ciders I hope you know

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

IMO, something is wrong if The Net Filler, in his 2nd year pro, cannot bump Ehn or De La Rose off of an NHL roster.  I maintain, we should've gone D instead.

Do you think Zadina would benefit playing on a line with Helm and Abdelkader? Do you think Ehn or de la Rose are better than Zadina? They never beat Zadina out, because they were never competing for the same spots...

It still amazes me how fast some fans will turn on a player / prospect in their organization... Zadina will be fine.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Do you think Zadina would benefit playing on a line with Helm and Abdelkader? Do you think Ehn or de la Rose are better than Zadina? They never beat Zadina out, because they were never competing for the same spots...

It still amazes me how fast some fans will turn on a player / prospect in their organization... Zadina will be fine.

Aren't you always talking about how modern teams roll 3 scoring lines these days?  If so, wouldn't Zadina be in direct competition with some combination of Abby, Helm, Erne, or Ehn who will make up the wingers on the last two lines?

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Aren't you always talking about how modern teams roll 3 scoring lines these days?  If so, wouldn't Zadina be in direct competition with some combination of Abby, Helm, Erne, or Ehn who will make up the wingers on the last two lines?

How I think a team should be built and how the current iteration of the Red Wings are built are two very different things...

Do you think this team as is, is equipped to roll 3 scoring lines? Hell, we're barely equipped to roll 2 scoring lines...

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

IMO, something is wrong if The Net Filler, in his 2nd year pro, cannot bump Ehn or De La Rose off of an NHL roster.  I maintain, we should've gone D instead.

If Holland drafted Hughes last year:

• Wings would have a better player
  • Subsequently would have drafted a better player this year
  • Yzerman would already have a full year evaluating the team
  • Subsequently would have made better FA/trade moves
  • Holland would be dead
  • Subsequently Edmonton would be worse and get the #1OA again
  • You'd be in prison
  • Subsequently we'd have a brighter, safer world in which to raise our children

Everybody wins!

On 10/2/2019 at 1:46 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So you'd rather slam a hard Seider than a soft Zagina?

On the bright side Zadina seems to be playing better... pointless and only -2 through 2 games... better than his preseason.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

On the bright side Zadina seems to be playing better... pointless and only -2 through 2 games... better than his preseason.

Remember that time over half the fan base wrote Mantha off waaaaay too early? Those guys are f***ing idiots aren't they?

Same will be the case for all the idiots writing Zadina off at the age of 19... 

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Remember that time over half the fan base wrote Mantha off waaaaay too early? Those guys are f***ing idiots aren't they?

Good time to sell on Mantha. Stock soaring and he will need a massive contract this coming offseason.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You're really pissing into the wind on that one bud.

13 hours ago, mackel said:

You're really pissing into the wind on that one bud.

How so? Hes got a legit point about writing young players off too soon. Only time will tell on zadina. As it stands all of us that were excited about him are currently eating crow, but that could change. Anyone who wants to see him fail for the sake of being right though makes me laugh. I'd rather see high end prospects flourish and make the team better personally. 

11 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

How so? Hes got a legit point about writing young players off too soon. Only time will tell on zadina. As it stands all of us that were excited about him are currently eating crow, but that could change. Anyone who wants to see him fail for the sake of being right though makes me laugh. I'd rather see high end prospects flourish and make the team better personally. 

I wouldn't even say that anyone excited about him should be eating crow at this point. It's still way too early. The kid is still only 19 years old for f***s sake... He performed quite well as an 18/19 year old in his first pro, and I fully expect him to improve on that this season. He scored a really nice goal last night. He still has some things to work on, like any prospect, but anyone that watches him without bias one way or another, can see that there is a lot of promise in his game. At worst, Zadina will be a solid 2nd line winger. At best, he still has the potential to become a borderline elite, top line winger.

But yeah, there are always a few idiots that, for whatever reason, hate on certain prospects and hope they fail, just so they can say "told ya so"... 

19 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

To be fair, Mantha was never hyped pre-draft to the level Zadina was. Mantha wasnt picked at 6 either or regarded by many as the 3rd best player in the draft like Zadina was. And Zadinas cockiness didnt help either.

I agree with you tho, the criticism is premature, although somewhat understandable. Anytime a player like that gets drafted, fans want instant gratification. Too many moonshine drinkers and not enough whiskey drinkers if you know what I mean.

Plus, Mantha was always more of a power forward, which takes longer to physically strengthen and develop, whereas Zadina is more of a scoring forward, which is more of a "gift" or natural ability thing as opposed to being developmental. So I thinks that is another reason for the harshness towards him.

Anyway, I guess we agree on being patient tho. I was really high on him when he was drafted, but less so now. I believe he will have a progressive year in GR and will be ready by next season. And I agree that top 6 is probably his prognosis. At least it better be, he is not going to make it as a bottom 6 guy.

As a side note, I was not excited at all about the Seider pick because I thought it was a huge reach, and it appears I may have been wrong about that one too. So I guess my analysis is faulty on 1st round picks.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

To be fair, Mantha was never hyped pre-draft to the level Zadina was. Mantha wasnt picked at 6 either or regarded by many as the 3rd best player in the draft like Zadina was. And Zadinas cockiness didnt help either.

I agree with you tho, the criticism is premature, although somewhat understandable. Anytime a player like that gets drafted, fans want instant gratification. Too many moonshine drinkers and not enough whiskey drinkers if you know what I mean.

Plus, Mantha was always more of a power forward, which takes longer to physically strengthen and develop, whereas Zadina is more of a scoring forward, which is more of a "gift" or natural ability thing as opposed to being developmental. So I thinks that is another reason for the harshness towards him.

Anyway, I guess we agree on being patient tho. I was really high on him when he was drafted, but less so now. I believe he will have a progressive year in GR and will be ready by next season. And I agree that top 6 is probably his prognosis. At least it better be, he is not going to make it as a bottom 6 guy.

As a side note, I was not excited at all about the Seider pick because I thought it was a huge reach, and it appears I may have been wrong about that one too. So I guess my analysis is faulty on 1st round picks.

I'm not sure what pre-draft hype or draft position has to do with anything though. Point remains that 18/19 years old is way too early to declare a prospect a "bust". Even if Zadina doesn't live up to the draft day hype, that doesn't make him a bust.

Some fans want instant gratification. Others know development is more often than not, a slow, sometimes painful process.