• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Four years from now? Yeah a 6M 3C is not ideal. But this team won't be dealing with the current Leaf's cap horror show at that time either. Make the team better now. Then like other GMs, deal with your problem later. 

You're right. Yzerman won't be dealing with the same cap issues Dubas is dealing with. Because he's smart. He's not going to sign average players to bad contracts (like you're suggesting)...

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Most importantly, tell me, who is this magical stop gap 2C is that Yzerman's going to sign? 

Magical? You think Danault is the only option out there? Wennberg, Granlund, Haula are all UFA's. Hell Krejci may be willing to come on a high cap, short-term contract. Then there's the trade route. Johnson and Johansen could be trade options that would bring back significant assets.

Yzerman has been doing a great job staying away from long-term contracts. Larkin is the only Red Wings player under contract beyond this season. He's not going to change that for Phillip Danault... 

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Magical? You think Danault is the only option out there? Wennberg, Granlund, Haula are all UFA's. Hell Krejci may be willing to come on a high cap, short-term contract. Then there's the trade route. Johnson and Johansen could be trade options that would bring back significant assets.

Yzerman has been doing a great job staying away from long-term contracts. Larkin is the only Red Wings player under contract beyond this season. He's not going to change that for Phillip Danault... 

Yup. And now it's time to throw his current players a bone.......

Yzerman can afford Danault in every sense of the word. If he doesn't bring in legit legit help for Larkin now then he may as well trade him, and Zadina, and Vrana. Or whatever. This team cannot afford to suck for much longer. And I believe they can improve significantly and still pick top 10 for a couple more years. 

No one is disputing whether or not Yzerman can afford Danault. Anyone that has had a single glance at capfriendly, knows he can "afford" 5 Danault's... The dispute is whether or not adding a Danault *long-term* would be smart. I don't think it would. We'll se what Yzerman does again in free agency. Continue what he's been doing the past two seasons, or completely stray from what he's been doing and saying...

Larkin won't be traded. He's the captain and best player on the team. Zadina is still only 21 years old. Vrana may be traded this season. Same goes for Bertuzzi.

This team will not suck for much longer, but acquiring mediocre talent isn't the way we're getting out of it. We have a lot of good to great prospects coming, and a ton of draft capital. 

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yzerman can afford Danault in every sense of the word. If he doesn't bring in legit legit help for Larkin now then he may as well trade him, and Zadina, and Vrana. Or whatever. This team cannot afford to suck for much longer. And I believe they can improve significantly and still pick top 10 for a couple more years. 

With this in mind, please answer my previous question. Tell me about this stop-gap UFA 2C Yzerman can sign. 

Tyler Johnson :)

Yup. And now it's time to throw his current players a bone.......

I'm sure the players know as well as anyone the "Yzerplan". The "bone(s)" Yzerman is going to throw is top prospects. I'm sure Larkin and co. are very excited to see what Seider, Raymond, etc have to offer over the next few seasons.

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Tyler Johnson :)

No longer a 2C. Would actually hurt this team more because he'd be taking that 3C spot away from Velenmussen. Unless you want him as a 4C. 

No one is disputing whether or not Yzerman can afford Danault. Anyone that has had a single glance at capfriendly, knows he can "afford" 5 Danault's... The dispute is whether or not adding a Danault *long-term* would be smart. I don't think it would. We'll se what Yzerman does again in free agency. Continue what he's been doing the past two seasons, or completely stray from what he's been doing and saying...

Larkin won't be traded. He's the captain and best player on the team. Zadina is still only 21 years old. Vrana may be traded this season. Same goes for Bertuzzi.

This team will not suck for much longer, but acquiring mediocre talent isn't the way we're getting out of it. We have a lot of good to great prospects coming, and a ton of draft capital. 

The only time Danault is ever "mediocre" is in your world when trying to make your point. 

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I think Vrana is likely to sign a 2, or 3 year deal (possibly more depending upon how much he's offered and how many years into UFA he's willing to forgo).

lil'Bert is another story...I can see Yzerman trading him - possibly soon.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm sure the players know as well as anyone the "Yzerplan". The "bone(s)" Yzerman is going to throw is top prospects. I'm sure Larkin and co. are very excited to see what Seider, Raymond, etc have to offer over the next few seasons.

Yes yes. I'm sure Larkin is stick-raging out there because he's so excited about how good this team will be in 5 years. 

No longer a 2C. Would actually hurt this team more because he'd be taking that 3C spot away from Velenmussen. Unless you want him as a 4C. 

He'd be a better option than anyone else we had in that spot the last few years. Not to mention we'd gain an asset taking him on. He's still a very capable middle 6 center. Don't let his position on a stack Tampa roster fool you. He was a beast in the finals when Killorn went down and he got ice time again. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He'd be a better option than anyone else we had in that spot the last few years. Not to mention we'd gain an asset taking him on. He's still a very capable middle 6 center. Don't let his position on a stack Tampa roster fool you. He was a beast in the finals when Killorn went down and he got ice time again. 

Might be a better option than Danault and Hyman...Only 3 years left - working for his old boss might bring some new life to Johnson.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Might be a better option than Danault and Hyman...Only 3 years left - working for his old boss might bring some new life to Johnson.

Exactly. And being just 3 years, contract expires when we'll have a much better top 6 center ready to take over, instead of having a declining 1 playoff goal Danault on the roster.

Just now, marcaractac said:

No guarantee Tampa will part with these assets you speak of though. Didn't happen last year......

Danault is just one Illitch signature away. 

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

Exactly. And being just 3 years, contract expires when we'll have a much better top 6 center ready to take over, instead of having a declining 1 playoff goal Danault on the roster.

By then Raymond and EKLUND will be on the verge of hitting their prime...Swedish mafia.

No guarantee Tampa will part with these assets you speak of though. Didn't happen last year......

Danault is just one Illitch signature away. 

They literally HAVE to dump cap. Everyone knows Johnson's time in Tampa is up. Even Cooper was saying how he is glad Johnson got to have that cup moment, as even he knows it's over.

Danault is just gonna start to decline and 2-3 years. He already can't score. 

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The only time Danault is ever "mediocre" is in your world when trying to make your point. 

Mediocre too strong a word for you? My apologies. He's a good, not great 2C, that will be MASSIVELY overpaid in both term and dollars. Do not want.

14 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yes yes. I'm sure Larkin is stick-raging out there because he's so excited about how good this team will be in 5 years. 

You're getting worse than BarkBurger for misinterpreting / misrepresenting... No, Larkin probably isn't "excited" per se about how good this team will be in 5 years. However, I can guarantee he knows and understands the plan going forward.

18 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I think Vrana is likely to sign a 2, or 3 year deal (possibly more depending upon how much he's offered and how many years into UFA he's willing to forgo).

lil'Bert is another story...I can see Yzerman trading him - possibly soon.

Completely agree. It wouldn't surprise me though if Vrana is then flipped ala Mantha mid-season for more futures.

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

?

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Mediocre too strong a word for you? My apologies. He's a good, not great 2C, that will be MASSIVELY overpaid in both term and dollars. Do not want.

You're getting worse than BarkBurger for misinterpreting / misrepresenting... No, Larkin probably isn't "excited" per se about how good this team will be in 5 yearYs. However, I can guarantee he knows and understands the plan going forward.

Completely agree. It wouldn't surprise me though if Vrana is then flipped ala Mantha mid-season for more futures.

On that note: we are done

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

?

On that note: we are done

Seider will be up this season. Raymond and others next season. Larkin probably doesn't care too much about the upcoming drafts. You know who does care about the upcoming drafts? Yzerman.

29 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

I gotta think Larkin would be a lot happier to sign prominent free agents than continuing a hard tank IMO

I don't understand, seems like Larkin would be thrilled to spend the best years of his career toiling away on a bottom feeder team who's only objective is to cross their fingers and hope they get lucky on their (less than 20%) chance to draft a player good enough to replace Dylan Larkin at the top of the lineup. Why wouldn't he be pumped about that?

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't understand, seems like Larkin would be thrilled to spend the best years of his career toiling away on a bottom feeder team who's only objective is to cross their fingers and hope they get lucky on their (less than 20%) chance to draft a player good enough to replace Dylan Larkin at the top of the lineup. Why wouldn't he be pumped about that?

timelines man

it's all about time limes lemons

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Yup. That's exactly what Yzerman is doing, "crossing his fingers and hoping"...

Or maybe, ya know, *help* Larkin at the top of the lineup... He sure could use it...

It's amazing how out of touch some of you think these players are...

Or maybe, ya know, *help* Larkin at the top of the lineup... He sure could use it...

there ya go being all like me and Bergy. Putting words in Kips mouth. He didn't say "crossing his fingers and hoping"........!!!1

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Buffalo: Hey Jack Eichel aren't you excited about the fact that we've wasted your young career but managed to draft Rasmus Dahlin, Dylan Cozens, Jack Quinn, and now Owen Power to help you at the top of the lineup?

Eichel: No, losing blows. Get me the f*ck out of here.

Buffalo: Sam, what about you? Sam?  Oh well, put a call into Jarmo over in Columbus. He's got a TON of top flight young talent we can poach. Losing rules!

4 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Buffalo: Hey Jack Eichel aren't you excited about the fact that we've wasted your young career but managed to draft Rasmus Dahlin, Dylan Cozens, Jack Quinn, and now Owen Power to help you at the top of the lineup?

Eichel: No, losing blows. Get me the f*ck out of here.

Buffalo: Sam, what about you? Sam?  Oh well, put a call into Jarmo over in Columbus. He's got a TON of top flight young talent we can poach. Losing rules!

You're comparing Buffalo (Botterill / Adams) to Detroit (Yzerman)? Eichel is a whiny little b****. Have you heard a single player being upset / wanting out of Detroit because of the rebuild? Serious question. I haven't. Have you?

I think they all know what's going on, and they trust Yzerman.

Anyway, we're getting away from the original point. It would not be wise to add any of the "big fish" in free agency to long-term, high dollar contracts. Yzerman is going to continue the low-risk, short-term, low dollar contracts this off-season, continue building through the draft, make a few savvy trades, and get this team out of the gutter the right way.