• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

I wonder if they'll re-sign Staal to a year. With Djoos splitting and Cholowski gone, they are short one LHD, even with Leddy

Leddy - Seider

DD - Hronek

Staal - Stecher

Lindstrom

...although I'd rather see KoekKoek in that spot. I thinking any of the bigger name UFA's won't be interested in coming here. Even if we signed Koekkoek, I still think they'll give Staal a contract just because he was a very solid player last season and would do wonders for development.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I wonder if they'll re-sign Staal to a year. With Djoos splitting and Cholowski gone, they are short one LHD, even with Leddy

Leddy - Seider

DD - Hronek

Staal - Stecher

Lindstrom

...although I'd rather see KoekKoek in that spot. I thinking any of the bigger name UFA's won't be interested in coming here. Even if we signed Koekkoek, I still think they'll give Staal a contract just because he was a very solid player last season and would do wonders for development.

Not really anyone to develop but Seider and he'll be paired with Leddy. Don't think SY goes aged vet on D. Probably late 20ish depth signing like Stecher.

Or Martinez

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 hours ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Mantha made it pretty clear he didn't intend on playing for us anymore

Once he got his payday I got the impression he checked out - sorta like Matthews/Marner.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not really anyone to develop but Seider and he'll be paired with Leddy. Don't think SY goes aged vet on D. Probably late 20ish depth signing like Stecher.

Or Martinez

I could see Martinez signing in Detroit for a few seasons if it doesn’t break the bank - however I have a feeling that Staal might want to return on the cheap.

Definitely a power move by Seravalli. He's almost certainly going to get a new show on TSN as their new trade rumor kingpin. Which is good because he's almost certainly going to get completely blackballed by the league for ruining a big event for them.

9 minutes ago, BarkBurgerman said:

Seravalli says Martin Jones, Jake Virtanen, and (as expected) DeAngelo will be bought out.

I would consider making a pass at all 3 of those players

I don't get the Virtanen buy-out... I get that he hasn't been good, but you'd think Benning would be able to make a deal with some team, even if he had to retain salary and / or throw in a late round pick. I would have taken a flyer on Virtanen at $1.275M for one year. Hell, I'd probably even give up a late round pick...

EDIT: Never mind. I just had a look at his buy-out. and apparently it will only cost the Canucks $50K this season, and $500K next season... That doesn't seem right to me. I thought it was 3/4 of the total owing spread over double the years remaining?...

Edited by krsmith17

38 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't get the Virtanen buy-out... I get that he hasn't been good, but you'd think Benning would be able to make a deal with some team, even if he had to retain salary and / or throw in a late round pick. I would have taken a flyer on Virtanen at $1.275M for one year. Hell, I'd probably even give up a late round pick...

EDIT: Never mind. I just had a look at his buy-out. and apparently it will only cost the Canucks $50K this season, and $500K next season... That doesn't seem right to me. I thought it was 3/4 of the total owing spread over double the years remaining?...

You don't? 

I'd say the Virtanen buy out was 30% hockey related, 70% "other" related

If I'm Chicago I'm going all-in on Eichel and Seth Jones. To the point that I'd move Dach, Boqvist, and my 1sts in 2021 and maybe 2022 to do it. They need the publicity and that would all but guarantee they'd start getting marquee free agents again.

Edited by kipwinger

12 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If I'm Chicago I'm going all-in on Eichel and Seth Jones. To the point that I'd move Dach, Boqvist, and my 1sts in 2021 and maybe 2022 to do it. They need the publicity and that would all but guarantee they'd start getting marquee free agents again.

'Peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat'

Edited by F.Michael

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I don't understand this reference?

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I don't understand this reference?

won't let me post the Aldrich pic

Disturbing Details Emerge Regarding Brad Aldrich's Alleged 2010 Sexual  Assault Involving Former Blackhawks Players

no matter what the hawks do this weekend - the whole Aldrich thing is still looming

Edited by F.Michael

On 7/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, krsmith17 said:

Jake Virtanen is under criminal investigation for assaulting a woman a few years ago, That;s why he's being boughtout and why no GM will have anything to do with him.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, krsmith17 said:

Because Virtanen is under the age of 26, he is subject to a one-third buyout instead. 

On 7/23/2021 at 6:28 PM, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Jake Virtanen is under criminal investigation for assaulting a woman a few years ago, That;s why he's being boughtout and why no GM will have anything to do with him.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-move-virtanen-tumultuous-disappointing-six-years/

At least when Kane was accused it was 3 months after it happened and they were able to dismiss on evidence fairly easy. Jake's case is a he said, she said with no way to really prove either way. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-jake-virtanen-denies-alleged-sexual-assault-court-documents/