• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

21 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I'd agree if Jack Eichel were totally healthy, But with a herniated disc in his neck. he's not getting that kind of return.

Miraculous healing once traded from Buffalo. Can't risk it. You gotta get one of those two back. Imagine a line of those three? Nope, not even gonna give that a chance to happen. 

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Buffalo has a strong hockey following, but its still a smaller market. And pulling fans from the other side of the border doesnt work for the Sabres, like it does the Bills, as Buffalo is located so close to the most popular hockey team in the world.

Buffalo is also a blue collar city, so enticing fans to shell out a couple hundred bucks to attend a game, isn't an easy thing to do.

Perhaps their biggest problem is ownership. Pegula may be the 2nd worst NHL owner behind only Melnyk. And since dung balls run down hill, it's not surprising this team has been bad for a while.

Arizona is different tho. It was a large market with a lot of money to spend. Phoenix's population was booming at the time the Jets were relocated there. And although the native population were not hockey fans, the league was counting on the influx of ex-pats from Northern markets to generate support for the team and fill the seats. Essentially the same plan that was used for the Vegas expansion.

But there were major hurdles for AZ that Vegas didn't have. First is the arena issue. It was built in Glendale, a NW suburb of Phoenix. The Phoenix Metropolitan Area has 4.5 million residents spread out over 6 different cities. It is vast. And many of the fans attending the games were driving from the East Valley Area, which was a long commute to attend games. If they had built their arena in a better location, like downtown Phoenix, like the Suns, the drive would have been much more palatable for even casual fans. But that was never going to happen since the city of Phoenix was not going to pay to erect 2 arenas. But Scottsdale or Tempe would have been much better options.

The Coyotes also started off with bad ownership and management, and a mediocre team on the ice, which did nothing to generate a bigger local fan base. Vegas found almost immediate success because they were superior in all of those areas from day one.

With a new billionaire owner, who has a strong history of successful turnarounds, I think the Arizona Coyotes will finally succeed in the desert SW,  just as Vegas did. So long as they can get the arena issues resolved, and bring in better management. Both of which I think will get taken care of very soon, if Alex Meruelo's past business ventures serve as a predictor.

Nobody asked for a history lesson here Poindexter...

So the 'yotes may or may not be shopping Chychrun and asking for two 1sts.

Now, before you jump all over me and say our 2022 1st is too valuable and we need a centerman not a defenseman, I want you to consider the following:

Chychrun - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek

If that's your top four, you can win a Cup with Larkin as your 1C.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Now, before you jump all over me and say our 2022 1st is too valuable and we need a centerman not a defenseman, I want you to consider the following:

Chychrun - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek

What if we offer this:

2022 2nd Round Pick

2023 First (Protected Top 5 - Gets Moved Back a Year if We Have a Top 5 Pick, Phoenix Gets Our 2023 2nd Round Pick as Compensation)

2024 First (Gets Moved Back a Year if 2023 Pick Gets Moved Back)

2 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

What if we offer this:

2022 2nd Round Pick

2023 First (Protected Top 5 - Gets Moved Back a Year if We Have a Top 5 Pick, Phoenix Gets Our 2023 2nd Round Pick as Compensation)

2024 First (Gets Moved Back a Year if 2023 Pick Gets Moved Back)

Sure, why not.

Alternatively:

• Our '22 1st (top 2 protection; pick would change to our '23 1st (no protection) and we'd add our '22 2nd)
  • WSH's '22 2nd
  • Berggren

20 hours ago, Dabura said:

Chychrun - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek

You could also win a Cup by drafting a top 4 D and top 6 centerman with the 2 1st round picks you gave up for 1 guy.

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Svechnikov and Smith?

Svech was a 19th overall and Smith was 27th. Considering that 1: Svech and Smith were Holland picks and 2: Yzerman's next 2 first round picks will be in the top 10-15, I doubt we'll be drafting a Svech and Smith with those picks. I trust Yzerman to get 2 players with those picks that are better than Chychrn. If not individually, at least combined.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You could also win a Cup by drafting a top 4 D and top 6 centerman with the 2 1st round picks you gave up for 1 guy.

Sure, if we're talking two top-five picks.

If we're *not* talking two top-five picks, I have to strongly consider going with the 23-year-old high-scoring top-pairing left-shot 6'2 defenseman who's on a great-value contract ($4.6M cap hit) until 2025.

Now, granted, I'm keenly aware that the real point I'm making is "Arizona will not be trading Chychrun, because he's a 23-year-old high-scoring top-pairing left-shot 6'2 defenseman who's on a great-value contract ($4.6M cap hit) until 2025."

On 9/11/2021 at 8:22 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Svech was a 19th overall and Smith was 27th. Considering that 1: Svech and Smith were Holland picks and 2: Yzerman's next 2 first round picks will be in the top 10-15, I doubt we'll be drafting a Svech and Smith with those picks. I trust Yzerman to get 2 players with those picks that are better than Chychrn. If not individually, at least combined.

Fair.

But I'll point out that Yzerman took Koekkoekk at 10 and then took Drouin at 3 the very next year.

And I'll note that all of the best players Yzerman drafted were taken outside the top 15...

• Cirelli - 72
  • DeAngelo - 19
  • Gusev - 202
  • Kucherov - 58
  • Namestnikov - 27
  • Palat - 208
  • Point - 79
  • Vasilevskiy - 19

For what it's worth, there's only one defenseman on that list. Indeed, none of the following defensemen were drafted by Yzerman:

• Cernak (trade)
  • Coburn (trade)
  • Hedman (inherited by Yzerman)
  • McDonagh (trade)
  • Sergachev (trade)

Chychrun would be a great long-term partner for Seider (at least in theory). Also, he'd give us a solid PP QB on the blue line and a lethal shot from distance.

Just sayin'.

Edited by Dabura

All that being said, I'd offer them a top 5 protected 2022 1st (protected to 2023) and then the following 1st no matter what.

So, if the 2022 first is #6 or after then they get the 22 and 23 1st round picks(no matter where 23 lands.) If the 22 pick is #1-#5 then they get the 2023 and 2024 1st (neither of which would be protected) 

Edited by LeftWinger

Other than this last shortened season, Chychurn hasn't played a full season yet. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't trade for him because of that, but I'd be skeptical of giving up two firsts and definitely use it to try to drive down his price some.

On 9/12/2021 at 2:45 PM, LeftWinger said:

All that being said, I'd offer them a top 5 protected 2022 1st (protected to 2023) and then the following 1st no matter what.

So, if the 2022 first is #6 or after then they get the 22 and 23 1st round picks(no matter where 23 lands.) If the 22 pick is #1-#5 then they get the 2023 and 2024 1st (neither of which would be protected) 

sounds like what I said!

On 9/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, LeftWinger said:

We got Chris Chelios for 2 late 1st round picks and Anders Eriksson. No way I am giving up 2 early 1st round picks for a guy who will doubtfully ever be that good.