• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Per this article....https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2021/11/06/dylan-larkin-out-personal-reasons-detroit-red-wings/6316857001/

COVID-19 can be ruled out, because the NHL reports if team personnel is in pandemic protocol. Likewise, the NHL Players Association typically reports if a player has entered one of its support programs — for example, the PA announced Oct. 7 that Canadiens goaltender Carey Price had taken a leave of absence to deal with unspecified mental health issues...

So is it the neck and he might be done ?

I'm trying to manifest this into existence, the Wings should try to acquire Jack Roslovic from Columbus. He was kind of a throw in to the Laine/Dubois trade. He's young, fast, a good playmaker, and would look really good centering Vrana and Veleno. For some reason he's run afoul of Columbus' new coach and has seen his icetime plummet despite putting up really solid numbers the last two years.

1 hour ago, number10 said:

I love how Blash is automatically washed of any responsibility.

>Players don't perform = players fault
>Prospects don't perform = managements fault

Not turning Athanasiou into another Larkin hurt.  That potential was there.  He needed to be motivated with good line mates and a weight room coach.  Athanasiou might be the problem, but the building blocks were there with that guy.

3 hours ago, number10 said:

And the coach isn't responsible for the consistency of his players???

I dont hold a head coach responsible for the consistency of a young goalie, no.

You're making an either/or fallacy. Blash is not washed of any and all responsibility. Neither are the players completely to blame for not turning into good NHL players. There is plenty of blame to go around, but making one person the scapegoat is myopic.

>Players don't perform = players fault   if a player is not able to bring his A game consistently, yes
>Prospects don't perform = managements fault  has always more reason which are coming into play

Obviously is this Yzerman guy convinced enough that Blash is able to develop his players and to me that is more than enough to know.

4 hours ago, number10 said:

I'm not. I'm saying he deserves some blame for this. Everyone else is rushing to say it's not his fault. It is indeed partially his fault.

And the point I'm stressing is the trend here. If it was one player, sure, Mrazek is just a head case and probably not even Bowman was gonna get consistency from him, and all the juice from that fruit. But it's happening again, and again, and again. It's time to look around and say hey maybe this guy isn't as good at handling young stars as we thought. 

You said Blashill is to blame for not getting enough out of the prospects he's been given. Others have mentioned other factors such as injuries, depth, lack of talent, and players' attitudes. You then imply this to anyone who doesnt agree with you:

8 hours ago, number10 said:

That is an either/or fallacy. Blashill is the only one to blame or Blashill is "washed of any responsibility". You have stuck to the former and assigned the latter to anyone who disagrees with you.

20 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Not turning Athanasiou into another Larkin hurt.  That potential was there.  He needed to be motivated with good line mates and a weight room coach.  Athanasiou might be the problem, but the building blocks were there with that guy.

I think it's safe to say AA had an attitude problem, that was well documented.  He didnt want to put in the work but wanted the rewards for it but it was clear he didnt fall under the Yzerman character player type.  He was the absolute reason I watched games too, he was so explosive out there and so much fun to watch and after his 30 goal season I thought he'd done it for sure. Nice to see him back out there for LA too, he scored a good one against the leafs last night

Just now, number10 said:

Jack Roslovic is a dirty Ohioan and he should stay there.

Counterpoint Skip, Ohio is an artificial construct of the mind much like proper names. To famed Buddhist monk Thich Naht Han none of hockey, Ohio, Jeff Blashill, or his players are distinct from one another. They're all just one thing, and that thing is a big ball of annoying garbage that insincere people faux debate on the internet when they're bored (or lonely).

1 minute ago, Akakabuto said:

Vrana is a bust?

Context matters here. In the two seasons it took Jakub Vrana to get to 99 games he averaged 11:30 minutes per game. As a rookie Zadina played over 13:30 A/TOI and his ice time has increased every year since. He's been given every opportunity to score and hasn't done so consistently. Vrana was a victim of circumstance, Zadina just isn't that good.

5 minutes ago, number10 said:

Gotta look at production - ice time divided by points

Vrana (20/21) - 38.52
Vrana (21/22) - 33:47
Vrana (22/23) - 24:29
Vrana (23/24) - 19:44 <------------- starts getting real PP time
Vrana (24/25) - 22:24 (WSH) <---- gets PP time taken away
Vrana (24/25) - 17:16 (DET)

Zadina (18/19) - 46:09
Zadina (19/20) - 28:19 <------------ starts getting real PP time
Zadina (20/21) - 43:20
Zadina (21/22) - 34:50

Zadina isn't behind Vrana as much as I thought. However you gotta remember that at the same ages Zadina was awarded a regular PP spot and more ice time to work with, and Vrana still out performed him in points per time on ice.

This whole thing with Zadina reminds me of every debate I ever had with KRsmith. People find players they "like", and because they "like" them they have to explain away their failures when that player later sucks eggs on the ice. Normal, intelligent, people just acknowledge they got it wrong and move on. But some people have an endless list of excuses or false equivalencies they use to keep kicking the can down the road. "Mantha doesn't suck" they'll say, "Sure he's never scored 50 pts, but that's because of injuries, or coaching, or aliens, or whatever. I wasn't wrong about him, you'll see".

"Zadina doesn't suck. Sure he's been given every single opportunity to produce and grab hold of a spot in the lineup but he's just young. See, if you keep your sample size small enough, and ignore context, it almost looks like he's as good as this other guy who's actually good. I'm not wrong about him, you'll see".

"Veleno doesn't suck..."

Round and round we go.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

This whole thing with Zadina reminds me of every debate I ever had with KRsmith. People find players they "like", and because they "like" them they have to explain away their failures when that player later sucks eggs on the ice. Normal, intelligent, people just acknowledge they got it wrong and move on. But some people have an endless list of excuses or false equivalencies they use to keep kicking the can down the road. "Mantha doesn't suck" they'll say, "Sure he's never scored 50 pts, but that's because of injuries, or coaching, or aliens, or whatever. I wasn't wrong about him, you'll see".

"Zadina doesn't suck. Sure he's been given every single opportunity to produce and grab hold of a spot in the lineup but he's just young. See, if you keep your sample size small enough, and ignore context, it almost looks like he's as good as this other guy who's actually good. I'm not wrong about him, you'll see".

"Veleno doesn't suck..."

Round and round we go.

Just curious. Which of the 7 regular posters on LGWs atm are pulling pro-Zadina slappy moves? 

34 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Just curious. Which of the 7 regular posters on LGWs atm are pulling pro-Zadina slappy moves? 

You're right that nobody is currently pining for him too hard. I was responding to the tweet that was posted which seemed to be minimizing Zadina's obvious struggles by comparing him to Vrana, a guy who clearly doesn't struggle to score. I interpreted that tweet as an apology for Zadina by way of a false equivalency with Vrana.

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I have said Zadina is not a "bust". He just isn't the elite sniper he was billed as pre-draft. If Zadina and Berggren are the new Tatar and Nyquist, I am ok with that. Middle 6 F is disappointing but he is not anywhere near "bust" territory.

Nevermind "elite sniper", thus far in his career he hasn't even been a mediocre scorer. Last season Zadina was in a three-way tie for 9th on the team in goal scoring. Tied with Filppula and Glendening.

I suppose you can never call a guy a total bust until he washes all the way out of the league, but in Jimmy D's words Zadina is "very, very, disappointing". You expect WAY more out of a 6th overall pick who was billed as a high end offensive threat.