• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

I always wondered what happened to that guy. He was a hilarious Mod. Like Cartman when he's the hallway monitor. Harold once tried to suspend me for saying something that he had literally said a page or two earlier in the thread. When I appealed the ban and showed the other mods, and Matt, that he had used the same language earlier in the thread he accused me of using a "different tone" than he had used. The word he wanted to be me for? "Slappy".

56 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I always wondered what happened to that guy. He was a hilarious Mod. Like Cartman when he's the hallway monitor. Harold once tried to suspend me for saying something that he had literally said a page or two earlier in the thread. When I appealed the ban and showed the other mods, and Matt, that he had used the same language earlier in the thread he accused me of using a "different tone" than he had used. The word he wanted to be me for? "Slappy".

He would lose his beans when I would defend Franzen to the death lol

56 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Fawk man. Slappy is used as a conjunction here these days. If they only knew back then how unimportant their jobs were.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Fawk man. Slappy is used as a conjunction here these days. If they only knew back then how unimportant their jobs were.

Is it really a job when he cleans up my s*** posts for free?

To EDM: Greiss (50% retained) + Leddy (50% retained) + Namestnikov
To DET: Derek Ryan + Kyle Turris + Slater Koekkoek + 1st + 3rd (2023) + 5th

Oilers add only $2.75 mil in cap and fill all their needs.

Wings add a PK forward in Ryan and a depth LHD in Koekkoek for next season. Turris can be dropped after this year.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Wings add a PK forward in Ryan and a depth LHD in Koekkoek for next season. Turris can be dropped after this year.

Lopsided in Oilers favor imo. I feel those 3 players on expiring contracts with salary retention should net those 3 picks without taking back bad players with term. Giving up all 3 of those players Id be asking for Broberg/Holloway.

1 hour ago, redw1ngs said:

Lopsided in Oilers favor imo. I feel those 3 players on expiring contracts with salary retention should net those 3 picks without taking back bad players with term. Giving up all 3 of those players Id be asking for Broberg/Holloway.

Greiss + Leddy + Namestnikov + as much salary retention as possible for Broberg.

Yes please.

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Pretty sure Yguy can only do one more salary retention this year. 

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pretty sure Yguy can only do one more salary retention this year. 

No you can do 3. Panik is the only one on our books.

2 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Oilers need to send back cap in order to make a deal work. It's sort of a necessity.

12 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

No you can do 3. Panik is the only one on our books.

Oilers need to send back cap in order to make a deal work. It's sort of a necessity.

Sure but that means we need better pieces coming back.

6 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Sure but that means we need better pieces coming back.

Can't say I agree. I thought out the compensation pretty logically. 

>Leddy went to us for a 2nd + 50% Panik

Pretty safe to assume we can get a low 1st in exchange for Leddy at 50%

>Namestnikov has in the past been traded once for a 4th at the TDL, and again for a 4th + low end prospect at a 2nd TDL. 

Pretty safe to assume that - with how cheap and well he's performing right now - we can get a 3rd for him.

>That leaves 50% Greiss + the EDM depth players + the 5th

Greiss isn't much of, if it all, an upgrade for them. It's depth goaltending. Turris + Ryan + Koekkoek aren't valueless either. These are depth contributors for them that aren't on dump level contracts. Taking back 3 depth skaters and a 5th for a goalie , who's probably done at the NHL level this summer, I think is beyond generous of them to give Detroit.

The reason I think my hypothetical trade gets rejected is because they're not interested in Greiss at all. In that case I think Turris + Koekkoek + 1st + 3rd for 50% Leddy + Namestnikov would be the deal to make. We get our picks and Koekkoek as a depth Dman next year (SY drafted him). EDM only adds $2.2 in cap. 

Turris and Ryan are s***tier versions of Gagner and Koek is a s***tier version of Oesterle. Why would we take on s***tier versions of players we already have with no extra compensation?

If you think Leddy Namestikov and Greiss are worth those picks imo we shouldnt be taking on bad players/salary. If Oilers arent willing to give up a young player/prospect Id look for a different trade partner even if its 3 seperete trades. Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Turris and Ryan are s***tier versions of Gagner and Koek is a s***tier version of Oesterle.

Yes.

Why would we take on s***tier versions of players we already have with no extra compensation?

Because Oilers can't make the deal work without sending Cap back.

If you think Leddy Namestikov and Greiss are worth those picks imo we shouldnt be taking on bad players/salary. If Oilers arent willing to give up a young player/prospect Id look for a different trade partner even if its 3 seperete trades. Just my 2 cents.

The only questionable contract/player to obtain in my original scenario is Derek Ryan. Turris you can use as a 4th liner or healthy scratch for a few months, then he's UFA. Koekkoek is just another cheap Biega. He can play 7th D for us next year. And we do need LHD depth next year.

Ryan has 1 more year left of a $1.25 cap hit, and it's not a 35+ contract. So literally we can just waive and bury him in the minors. But honestly I'd expect Yzerman to just trade him for future considerations or buy him out in the off season if he really doesn't want him as a 13th forward filling a Rowney role. We will have no limitations on cap, and just saving the real dollars is probably worth it to the organization.

Like I said, if you have a problem with that contract, just toss out him and Griess.

Edited by bIueadams

56 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Yes.

Because Oilers can't make the deal work without sending Cap back.

The only questionable contract/player to obtain in my original scenario is Derek Ryan. Turris you can use as a 4th liner or healthy scratch for a few months, then he's UFA. Koekkoek is just another cheap Biega. He can play 7th D for us next year. And we do need LHD depth next year.

Ryan has 1 more year left of a $1.25 cap hit, and it's not a 35+ contract. So literally we can just waive and bury him in the minors. But honestly I'd expect Yzerman to just trade him for future considerations or buy him out in the off season if he really doesn't want him as a 13th forward filling a Rowney role. We will have no limitations on cap, and just saving the real dollars is probably worth it to the organization.

Like I said, if you have a problem with that contract, just toss out him and Griess.

If we are getting Broberg, this works.  If not, I'd pass.