• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

All signs point to the Flames trading Tkachuk by the end of the week. What an awful offseason they are having. 

I hope Stevie is on the phone with them.

Honestly this is the right move for them. They were a middle of the road playoff team with Johnny. Johnny leaving is a mortal wound. Best to start rebuilding now. At least thats what i would do in their shoes. 

Send them Zadina + Wallinder + 1st + 3rd. Tkacuk and Bertuzzi in the same lineup would make us pretty hated and I would love it. 

54 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Honestly this is the right move for them. They were a middle of the road playoff team with Johnny. Johnny leaving is a mortal wound. Best to start rebuilding now. At least thats what i would do in their shoes. 

Send them Zadina + Wallinder + 1st + 3rd. Tkacuk and Bertuzzi in the same lineup would make us pretty hated and I would love it. 

Johnny leaving doesn't hurt them as much as many would make you think I agree. But man Tkachuk wanting out too is just ouch. 

I'd package any asset outside of Seider, Raymond, Kasper, and Edvinsson to make it happen. Clearly, the 2023 1st would be involved.  But outside of the exemptions, I'd package pretty much any 2 prospects we have on top of another pick to make it happen. An 8-year extension being part of the deal, of course. 

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Johnny leaving doesn't hurt them as much as many would make you think I agree. But man Tkachuk wanting out too is just ouch. 

I'd package any asset outside of Seider, Raymond, Kasper, and Edvinsson to make it happen. Clearly, the 2023 1st would be involved.  But outside of the exemptions, I'd package pretty much any 2 prospects we have on top of another pick to make it happen. An 8-year extension being part of the deal, of course. 

I wonder if the Tkachuks are a personality that SY tries to avoid. 

On 5/22/2022 at 9:48 AM, town123 said:

He's a big kid, wants the puck, runs people over, drives the net.   Reminds me of Bert with more projection for strength as he ages.

This kid is gonna be a beast. I hate it.

Am I the only one who has no interest in Tkachuk?

We dont need to make the same mistakes the Leafs made signing a big name player to a massive contract before we lock up our core. The Leafs overpaid Tavares in free agency increasing the demands from Matthews Marner and co. Lets get Larkin Raymond Seider extended longterm before we go after big fish in free agency/ trade.

Right now SY should be able to resign Larkin to 8x$8M. If he trades for Tkachuk and has to sign him for $9M minimum qualifying offer Larkin will want more. If Larkin and Tkachuk are making $9M Seider and Raymond will want more. Its a ripple effect and all a sudden were constructed the same way as the Leafs lack depth because our top guys are making to much.

Also if anyone thinks were getting Tkachuk for anything less then one of our top picks from the past 4 drafts plus other assets your kidding yourself.

38 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

Am I the only one who has no interest in Tkachuk?

We dont need to make the same mistakes the Leafs made signing a big name player to a massive contract before we lock up our core. The Leafs overpaid Tavares in free agency increasing the demands from Matthews Marner and co. Lets get Larkin Raymond Seider extended longterm before we go after big fish in free agency/ trade.

Right now SY should be able to resign Larkin to 8x$8M. If he trades for Tkachuk and has to sign him for $9M minimum qualifying offer Larkin will want more. If Larkin and Tkachuk are making $9M Seider and Raymond will want more. Its a ripple effect and all a sudden were constructed the same way as the Leafs lack depth because our top guys are making to much.

Also if anyone thinks were getting Tkachuk for anything less then one of our top picks from the past 4 drafts plus other assets your kidding yourself.

I dont disagree. Matt Tkachuk is just a super rare talent i covet. Bertuzzi + Tkackuk up front. Chiarot + Seider on the back end. We'd be nasty to play against. Everyone would hate us. That would be fun lol. 

I don't see any scenario where we land Tkachuk without moving Bertuzzi. I'd love to have both, obviously, but I just don't see it. That said, I'd still pursue the trade. Something like Bert, Hronek, Zadina/Berggren, and a 1st would get you pretty close.

At which point I'd go sign Klingberg and we'd be all set.

Edit: UNLESS...Calgary wants the draft picks more for a rebuild. I'd throw them two 1sts in a heartbeat. Hronek, Zadina/Berggren, 2023 1st, 2025 1st. As deep as our prospect pool is, we could easily eat that loss and still come out perfectly fine.

Edited by kipwinger

7 minutes ago, ely s said:

Tkachuk reportedly is not going to sign a long term contract with Calgary, no mentioning of the Red Wings as possible destination.

https://theathletic.com/news/tkachuk-trade-likely-flames-sources/pH0rzGF2cZYs/

The five team list that has been floating around has also been said to be completely false

56 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't see any scenario where we land Tkachuk without moving Bertuzzi. I'd love to have both, obviously, but I just don't see it. That said, I'd still pursue the trade. Something like Bert, Hronek, Zadina/Berggren, and a 1st would get you pretty close.

At which point I'd go sign Klingberg and we'd be all set.

Edit: UNLESS...Calgary wants the draft picks more for a rebuild. I'd throw them two 1sts in a heartbeat. Hronek, Zadina/Berggren, 2023 1st, 2025 1st. As deep as our prospect pool is, we could easily eat that loss and still come out perfectly fine.

CGY wont want Bertuzzi in any package for Tkachuk. Bert on any Canadian team wouldnt work as he would only be able to play roughly 60% of the games. If Berts part of the package it would have to be a 3way trade.

19 minutes ago, redw1ngs said:

CGY wont want Bertuzzi in any package for Tkachuk. Bert on any Canadian team wouldnt work as he would only be able to play roughly 60% of the games. If Berts part of the package it would have to be a 3way trade.

2023 1st, Vrana, Hronek, Berggren or Soderblom

48 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

No way im doing this.

Agreed, too rich for my blood. Hronek, Zadina/Berggren, 2023 1st, 2025 1st is my final offer. The picks are premium assets, the players are B level assets (but young). That's competitive. Particularly when you consider whatever team he goes to has to A) have the assets to acquire him, B) have the cap space to sign him, and C) be in the U.S.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Agreed, too rich for my blood. Hronek, Zadina/Berggren, 2023 1st, 2025 1st is my final offer. The picks are premium assets, the players are B level assets (but young). That's competitive. Particularly when you consider whatever team he goes to has to A) have the assets to acquire him, B) have the cap space to sign him, and C) be in the U.S.

Hronek probably the most valuable piece. NHL proven offensive Dman. Young. Good contract.

Berggren 2nd. Basically a late 1st round pick that has excelled since draft day. Just hasnt proven his chops in the NHL yet, but almost certainly will.

Zadina is a sweetener to me. Wildcard prospect at this point.

Soderblom is too much of an unkown still to seriously trade.

Only way i wanna trade Hronek right now is if we are nabbing Klingberg to replace him. Either way a Tkachuk trade would have to be pick heavy. Two 1sts and Zadina or something. Maybe throw in a D prospect. 

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Hronek probably the most valuable piece. NHL proven offensive Dman. Young. Good contract.

Berggren 2nd. Basically a late 1st round pick that has excelled since draft day. Just hasnt proven his chops in the NHL yet, but almost certainly will.

Zadina is a sweetener to me. Wildcard prospect at this point.

Soderblom is too much of an unkown still to seriously trade.

Only way i wanna trade Hronek right now is if we are nabbing Klingberg to replace him. Either way a Tkachuk trade would have to be pick heavy. Two 1sts and Zadina or something. Maybe throw in a D prospect. 

I probably should have added that we sign Klingberg if Hronek gets moved; as well as an 8-year extension being part of the deal

I think any package that doesn't involve any core guys or Edvinsson or Kasper should be explored. 

They'll want a player to keep them competitive now (Bert or Vrana). They'll want a younger player with team control (Zadina or Hronek). They'll definitely want a 2023 1st. It would also likely require a prospect not named Edvinsson, Cossa, or Kasper. 

I'd pay that all day for Tkachuck's best 8 years. 

If they want all futures and it would take two firsts and a couple of good prospects not named Edvinsson, Cossa, or Kasper, I do that all day long too. I just don't think they wanna blow it up, as they seemed more primed for a reload than anything. 

24 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I probably should have added that we sign Klingberg if Hronek gets moved; as well as an 8-year extension being part of the deal

I think any package that doesn't involve any core guys or Edvinsson or Kasper should be explored. 

They'll want a player to keep them competitive now (Bert or Vrana). They'll want a younger player with team control (Zadina or Hronek). They'll definitely want a 2023 1st. It would also likely require a prospect not named Edvinsson, Cossa, or Kasper. 

I'd pay that all day for Tkachuck's best 8 years. 

If they want all futures and it would take two firsts and a couple of good prospects not named Edvinsson, Cossa, or Kasper, I do that all day long too. I just don't think they wanna blow it up, as they seemed more primed for a reload than anything. 

If Cgy shops Tkachuk, theyre blowing up the team for a rebuild.  Thats going to mean they want underperforming nhlers at a cheap rate, picks, and prospects.  Vrana, Bert, Hronek type players are going to hinder a rebuild.  Zadina/Berggren/Soderblom all viable.

Tkachuk for Huberdeau, Weegar, a 1st and a throwaway prospect. Good work by Treliving on the return but it's not as much of a fleecing as prognosticators are suggesting.

For starters, Tkachuk is a better player than Huberdeau (just perhaps not a better scorer) and Florida got caved with their "all offense" approach last season so something had to give. With that said, even if Tkachuk and Huberdeau were a wash, the contracts make all the difference. Florida is getting Tkachuk for his prime 8 years. Calgary is getting Huberdeau and Weeger for a season unless they can re-sign them. But clearly they have a problem re-signing players because they just failed to get Gaudreau and Tkachuk under contract. Additionally, the 1st is likely to be somewhere in the 25-32 range.

The winner of this trade depends entirely on whether Calgary can get these guys under contract (a tall order). Otherwise they'll be traded at the deadline (or lost for nothing) and you're looking at trading one of the best players in the game for a bunch of late 1st or 2nd round picks. If I were Calgary I would have preferred to get some quality prospects with team control in return rather than UFAs and picks, but I think Treliving did the best he could given the constraints he had.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Tkachuk for Huberdeau, Weegar, a 1st and a throwaway prospect. Good work by Treliving on the return but it's not as much of a fleecing as prognosticators are suggesting.

For starters, Tkachuk is a better player than Huberdeau (just perhaps not a better scorer) and Florida got caved with their "all offense" approach last season so something had to give. With that said, even if Tkachuk and Huberdeau were a wash, the contracts make all the difference. Florida is getting Tkachuk for his prime 8 years. Calgary is getting Huberdeau and Weeger for a season unless they can re-sign them. But clearly they have a problem re-signing players because they just failed to get Gaudreau and Tkachuk under contract. Additionally, the 1st is likely to be somewhere in the 25-32 range.

The winner of this trade depends entirely on whether Calgary can get these guys under contract (a tall order). Otherwise they'll be traded at the deadline (or lost for nothing) and you're looking at trading one of the best players in the game for a bunch of late 1st or 2nd round picks. If I were Calgary I would have preferred to get some quality prospects with team control in return rather than UFAs and picks, but I think Treliving did the best he could given the constraints he had.

Yah, I always wonder if GMs ever try to negotiate for 1st round picks in the distant future, and what would happen if they did.

For instance, 

Tkachuck for Florida's best forward prospect, best defensive prospect, 2029 1st, 2031 1st, and 2033 first.