• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, I always wonder if GMs ever try to negotiate for 1st round picks in the distant future, and what would happen if they did.

For instance, 

Tkachuck for Florida's best forward prospect, best defensive prospect, 2029 1st, 2031 1st, and 2033 first.

There’s gotta be a rule against it right? 

18 hours ago, ely s said:

the good thing is, we don´t have to speculate any further. The bad thing is, that we have to play Tkachuk more often now...

https://www.nhl.com/news/matthew-tkachuk-traded-to-florida-panthers-by-calgary-flames-for-jonathan-huberdeau/c-335072346

I personally cannot wait to watch Tkachuk mess around when the Seider/Chiarot combo are out there...Who's gonna stand up for Tkachuk once he gets stupid on ice?

Most of his bodyguards are back in Calgary...Nobody to hide behind.

Edited by F.Michael

The reason we don't make the playoffs is cause the Atlantic is the literal Thunderdome right now.

>Leafs will be good again
>Bolts will be good again
>Bruins will be good again
>Florida just got better
>Ottawa got better
>Detroit got better
>Sabres will suck
>Habs will suck

I don't see us out playing any of those top 4 teams even with our additions. My guess is we finish with between 80-100 pts in 5th place, missing the playoffs. Basically in the same realm as the Islanders, Canucks, Knights, and Jets of last season. Major injuries to other teams and puck luck could bounce us into the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It'll be a stepping stone year for us. We ascend to the rank of a bubble team. Get a decent draft pick. Then next year we shed the following:

• Suter $3.25
  • Sundqvist $2.75
  • Erne $2.1
  • Smith $750K
  • Maata $2.25
  • Oesterle $1.35
  • Pysyk $850K
  • Nielsen $500K
  • Panik $1.375
  • Total shed: $15.175

And none of those players are important...

So we'll have roughly $9-12 million to spend next offseason with this roster:

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Raymond
Vrana - Copp - Perron
Kubalik - Rasmusssen - Zadina
_____ - Veleno - ______

Chiarot - Seider
Walman - Hronek
______ - Lindstrom

Husso
Nedeljkovic

We can then fill those holes with Edvinsson, Berggren, Kasper, Soderblom, Johansson, or go out and spend if we like. Regardless, I think 2023/24 is when the Wings really start to make an impact and show up on the leagues radar. By 2024/25 the Perrons and Kubaliks of this world will be gone and we will be a full on young gun playoff team that looks something like this:

Soderblom - Copp - Berggren
Rasmusssen - Veleno - Hanas
James - Kasper - Mazur

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Johanssson - Lindstrom

Cossa
Husso

8 hours ago, bIueadams said:

The reason we don't make the playoffs is cause the Atlantic is the literal Thunderdome right now.

>Leafs will be good again
>Bolts will be good again
>Florida just got better
>Ottawa got better
>Detroit got better
>Sabres will suck
>Habs will suck

I don't see us out playing any of those top 4 teams even with our additions. My guess is we finish with between 80-100 pts in 5th place, missing the playoffs. Basically in the same realm as the Islanders, Canucks, Knights, and Jets of last season. Major injuries to other teams and puck luck could bounce us into the playoffs, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It'll be a stepping stone year for us. We ascend to the rank of a bubble team. Get a decent draft pick. Then next year we shed the following:

• Suter $3.25
  • Sundqvist $2.75
  • Erne $2.1
  • Smith $750K
  • Maata $2.25
  • Oesterle $1.35
  • Pysyk $850K
  • Nielsen $500K
  • Panik $1.375
  • Total shed: $15.175

And none of those players are important...

So we'll have roughly $9-12 million to spend next offseason with this roster:

Vrana - Copp - Perron
Kubalik - Rasmusssen - Zadina
_____ - Veleno - ______

Chiarot - Seider
Walman - Hronek
______ - Lindstrom

Husso
Nedeljkovic

We can then fill those holes with Edvinsson, Berggren, Kasper, Soderblom, Johansson, or go out and spend if we like. Regardless, I think 2023/24 is when the Wings really start to make an impact and show up on the leagues radar. By 2024/25 the Perrons and Kubaliks of this world will be gone and we will be a full on young gun playoff team that looks something like this:

Soderblom - Copp - Berggren
Rasmusssen - Veleno - Hanas
James - Kasper - Mazur

Chiarot - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Johanssson - Lindstrom

Cossa
Husso

and how is any of this a rumor?

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I honestly believe the former wildcard Bruins will slide down in the standings this upcoming season courtesy of age, injuries, and a new head coach.

Friday, June 3, 2022

PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
Mike Reilly D Fri, Jun 3 Ankle Probable for start of season
Charlie McAvoy D Fri, Jun 3 Shoulder Expected to be out until at least Dec 1
Matt Grzelcyk D Fri, Jun 3 Shoulder Expected to be out until at least Nov 1

Friday, May 27, 2022

Brad Marchand LW Fri, May 27 Hip Expected to be out until at least Dec 1

57 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I honestly believe the former wildcard Bruins will slide down in the standings this upcoming season courtesy of age, injuries, and a new head coach.

Friday, June 3, 2022

Mike Reilly D Fri, Jun 3 Ankle Probable for start of season
Charlie McAvoy D Fri, Jun 3 Shoulder Expected to be out until at least Dec 1
Matt Grzelcyk D Fri, Jun 3 Shoulder Expected to be out until at least Nov 1

Friday, May 27, 2022

Brad Marchand LW Fri, May 27 Hip Expected to be out until at least Dec 1

Didn't realize their injuries were so bad

To me the Bruins are like us circa 2003... folks keep saying they're about to fall off but they never do.

4 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Didn't realize their injuries were so bad

To me the Bruins are like us circa 2003... folks keep saying they're about to fall off but they never do.

My guess is there's a real gud chance we replace the Bruins for a wildcard spot.

It's interesting how accurate the playoff picture is (approx 80% accurate) by the end of the 'Murican Thanksgiving weekend...If you're out of it by then - chances are you're done like the bird in the oven.

21 hours ago, F.Michael said:

My guess is there's a real gud chance we replace the Bruins for a wildcard spot.

It's interesting how accurate the playoff picture is (approx 80% accurate) by the end of the 'Murican Thanksgiving weekend...If you're out of it by then - chances are you're done like the bird in the oven.

Not a rumor at all.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:56 PM, F.Michael said:

This is true, but probably not for the reasons you think. It's a function of sample size. By American Thanksgiving the season is only a month and a half old. Enough games haven't been played to create real separation in the standings. So in any division most teams (like Detroit last year) are still in the playoff picture if only because they haven't played (and lost) enough games to be completely out of the picture yet. And those teams that are SO bad that they're already completely sunk were obviously not going to make it anyway.

So last year (for instance) 12 teams in the east were still in the playoff picture at Thanksgiving and (obviously) 8 got in. So one could say 100% of the teams in the picture at Thanksgiving made the playoffs, but that's only because there were more teams in the picture than playoff spots. Conversely, you could say 0% of the teams who were obviously out of the playoffs ended up making it, but that's also a truism because a team like Montreal would have had to leapfrog 9 teams in the standings to get in (despite being abjectly terrible). Last year, Buffalo, Boston, and Detroit were all only separated by a game or two in the standings by Thanksgiving. Boston obviously finished with 30+ more points than either of the other two teams by season's end.

In short, its not really indicative of anything and is basically a logic trick.

44 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

This is true, but probably not for the reasons you think. It's a function of sample size. By American Thanksgiving the season is only a month and a half old. Enough games haven't been played to create real separation in the standings. So in any division most teams (like Detroit last year) are still in the playoff picture if only because they haven't played (and lost) enough games to be completely out of the picture yet. And those teams that are SO bad that they're already completely sunk were obviously not going to make it anyway.

So last year (for instance) 12 teams in the east were still in the playoff picture at Thanksgiving and (obviously) 8 got in. So one could say 100% of the teams in the picture at Thanksgiving made the playoffs, but that's only because there were more teams in the picture than playoff spots. Conversely, you could say 0% of the teams who were obviously out of the playoffs ended up making it, but that's also a truism because a team like Montreal would have had to leapfrog 9 teams in the standings to get in (despite being abjectly terrible). Last year, Buffalo, Boston, and Detroit were all only separated by a game or two in the standings by Thanksgiving. Boston obviously finished with 30+ more points than either of the other two teams by season's end.

Why is this a rumor?

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why is this a rumor?

Rumor has it you’re being pedantic?

Edit: Also, by asking “why” it’s a rumor you’re accepting that it is. If you were questioning whether or not my response WAS a rumor the correct question would have been “HOW is this a rumor?”. Why’s that for pedantic eh?

Edited by kipwinger

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Edit: Also, by asking “why” it’s a rumor you’re accepting that it is. If you were questions whether or not my response WAS a rumor the correct question would have been “HOW is this a rumor?”. Why’s that for pedantic eh?

Exactly.  That's the irony I intended.  You're wise.

39 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Edit: Also, by asking “why” it’s a rumor you’re accepting that it is. If you were questions whether or not my response WAS a rumor the correct question would have been “HOW is this a rumor?”. Why’s that for pedantic eh?

Are you actually David Mitchell?

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

My impression had always been win/loss/pts total which was then pro-rated to an 82 game season.

:g:

10 hours ago, F.Michael said:

My impression had always been win/loss/pts total which was then pro-rated to an 82 game season.

:g:

Correct, but if you did that last year (for example) you'd have more "playoff" teams than playoff spots. Which is why it's technically true when broadcasters say "If you're in by American Thanksgiving you're likely to be in by the playoffs". But it doesn't mean much because lots of teams are still in by American Thanksgiving. It a no-brainer that some combination of the 12 Eastern Conference teams still in the playoff picture in November made it in last year. But it was very un-true for Detroit, Buffalo, the Islanders and Columbus (who were all still right there in November).

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Correct, but if you did that last year (for example) you'd have more "playoff" teams than playoff spots. Which is why it's technically true when broadcasters say "If you're in by American Thanksgiving you're likely to be in by the playoffs". But it doesn't mean much because lots of teams are still in by American Thanksgiving. It a no-brainer that some combination of the 12 Eastern Conference teams still in the playoff picture in November made it in last year. But it was very un-true for Detroit, Buffalo, the Islanders and Columbus (who were all still right there in November).

Well - I guess that's why they say it's 80% accurate ;)

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Well - I guess that's why they say it's 80% accurate ;)

For sure. If you're totally out by Thanksgiving you've got almost no chance of getting back in because of the number of teams you'd have to leapfrog to get back in (and because if you're out by then you obviously suck).

39 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Meh Helm was massively overpaid here. As a 1 mil player (that he always was) hes awesome. 

Helm was never worth $3.85m but was worth half of that or more imo. Helm at $2.25m through his prime yrs woulda been a great contract imo.