• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, town123 said:

If you're Toronto you don't offer that...

If you're Detroit you say yes in a flash.

On 1/3/2023 at 1:57 PM, bIueadams said:

Ryan Merkley has requested a trade out of SJ. 22 year old RHD drafted in the 1st round. Has played well in AHL but only 39 games in the NHL so far and didnt do much. 

Zadina for Merkley straight up? 

I'd do that in a heartbeat, We need an upgrade on our RD.

13 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I'd do that in a heartbeat, We need an upgrade on our RD.

Lindstrom is the Joakim Andersson of RHD. We should flip him for assets while hes still young, RFA controlled, and has some value. Give his spot to Kampfer for the rest of the season. He's played well in GR. 

Let's go full chaos with Larkin, Bert, Maatta, and Walman as our trade deadline ammo. Obviously, that goes for any pending UFA we have. 

But man, the more I think about it, the more I straight up just do not see enough high-end talent in this system to contend at any point. The pieces are there to be a really good team. But that is the ceiling IMO. 

Can you win a cup with Larkin? Damn straight. Can you win a cup with Larkin as your best? I don't see it. Kasper can grow into what Larkin is and fit the timeline much better. 

Things look good on the blueline. We have some good wingers too. Goalies I'm less concerned about. They move around every damn summer. But god damn the high-end depth up front, especially down the middle, just isn't there. 

Let's go full Bedard. 

13 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Let's go full chaos with Larkin, Bert, Maatta, and Walman as our trade deadline ammo. Obviously, that goes for any pending UFA we have. 

But man, the more I think about it, the more I straight up just do not see enough high-end talent in this system to contend at any point. The pieces are there to be a really good team. But that is the ceiling IMO. 

Can you win a cup with Larkin? Damn straight. Can you win a cup with Larkin as your best? I don't see it. Kasper can grow into what Larkin is and fit the timeline much better. 

Things look good on the blueline. We have some good wingers too. Goalies I'm less concerned about. They move around every damn summer. But god damn the high-end depth up front, especially down the middle, just isn't there. 

Let's go full Bedard. 

I agree with this. Every time someone suggests we get deeper down the middle they suggest we pick up a #2C. Why not try for someone better than we already have, and get a new #1C that moves Larkin to the #2.

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Let's go full Bedard. 

THIS IS THE WAY

I think about it like this: Everyone is comfortable selling Bertuzzi, Maata, etc... why not Larkin too? Is Larkin THAT special of a player? Is he SOOO good that he's worth prolonging this rebuild for? He's NOT. Almost everyone recognizes he wouldnt even be a 1C on a championship team. 

The attachment to Larkin from fans is an emotional one. He was our only beacon of light for years, Detroit is his home, he's the captain, best player in the most important position.

But Yzerman is not an emotional man. He's a cold unfeeling terminator 19 series sent back from the future to ruthlessly kill all Holland red wings and restore the future NHL back to the correct timeline where the Red Wings reign over the league with a disgusting amount of talent and dominance. 

Larkin the player comes second to the totality of the winged wheel, and SY will do whats best for the future of this team regardless of him.  

Plus I can feel it in my bones that we're getting Bedard.

Currently we are 10th from bottom so in the sweepstakes for Bedard right now. Issue is with our luck in the lottery don't think we jump from there to #1 probably be #9 pick. 

I believe Stevie Y DGAF other than returning this team back to the upper echelon of the NHL. 

So for the wheeler and dealers whatcha getting back in return for any of these options

Larkin

Bert

Maatta

Hronek

Zadina

Vrana

Ridiculous amount of picks? 

Picks AND young PROVEN players?

Those last 2 were for fun.....happy to get some Pizza Pizza coupons and a parking pass at LCA...

8 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Let's go full Bedard. 

If we had Edmonton/Buffalo type luck at the draft lotto I'd say sure - lets sell at the deadline...But we don't have that luck...Our luck is another 3 or 4 years of Svechnikov, Cholowski, Zadina, etc.

I have a feeling Larkin is going to leave in FA, and all the expensive mid-tier FAs we signed last year will keep us in the forever 500 territory.   I think Yzerman needed to tank 1 more year, he got nervous and f***ed the rebuild.  Not a popular take, but I am the Zadina soothsayer afterall. 

7 hours ago, F.Michael said:

If we had Edmonton/Buffalo type luck at the draft lotto I'd say sure - lets sell at the deadline...But we don't have that luck...Our luck is another 3 or 4 years of Svechnikov, Cholowski, Zadina, etc.

This doesn't concern me. Yzerman is at the helm and not Holland. 

Bedard would be the dream, but adding a couple more Seider/Raymond-caliber guys would go a long way too. We simply do not have enough of that in the system. 

16 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Currently we are 10th from bottom so in the sweepstakes for Bedard right now. Issue is with our luck in the lottery don't think we jump from there to #1 probably be #9 pick. 

I believe Stevie Y DGAF other than returning this team back to the upper echelon of the NHL. 

So for the wheeler and dealers whatcha getting back in return for any of these options

Larkin

Bert

Maatta

Hronek

Zadina

Vrana

Ridiculous amount of picks? 

Picks AND young PROVEN players?

Those last 2 were for fun.....happy to get some Pizza Pizza coupons and a parking pass at LCA...

Larkin/Bertuzzi - probably picks and players coming back

Maata - picks

Vrana/Zadina - valueless (anyone ever notice we ALWAYS have problems with czech players? Tatar was probablly the most mild, but even he had rumblings that he was upset with the team when he wasnt being called up fast enough)

Hronek - still has more time on his contract

The fun part is I can realistically see us having 3 first round picks this year. We have a very strong prospect pool atm imo and this addition would mega load us up.

8 hours ago, mackel said:

I have a feeling Larkin is going to leave in FA, and all the expensive mid-tier FAs we signed last year will keep us in the forever 500 territory.   I think Yzerman needed to tank 1 more year, he got nervous and f***ed the rebuild.  Not a popular take, but I am the Zadina soothsayer afterall. 

As much as I advocate for trading Larks, this team will also admitededly go back to being trash without him. But that's also what I want. Lose a lot of games down the stretch.