• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

Rumor has it that the Flyers are gauging the market for Ivan Provorov. His cap hit is pretty rough, and he's a bit of a mystery, but he's been good before. Wonder of something centered on Vrana could work. Take Provorov's full contract for two more years and they take Vrana?

On 1/11/2023 at 1:26 PM, kipwinger said:

Rumor has it that the Flyers are gauging the market for Ivan Provorov. His cap hit is pretty rough, and he's a bit of a mystery, but he's been good before. Wonder of something centered on Vrana could work. Take Provorov's full contract for two more years and they take Vrana?

Provorov + Konecny for Johansson + Vrana.

42 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Provorov + Konecny for Johansson + Vrana.

Ha, that's probably asking a bit too much from Philly. I really think Vrana and a mid-level prospect gets it done. Vrana + McIsaac maybe. I actually really like this idea more and more. I'd do:

Walman-Seider

Provorov-Hronek

Maatta-Chiarot

The only thing you're really risking is some money and a couple of guys that obviously don't have a future in Detroit.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Ha, that's probably asking a bit too much from Philly. I really think Vrana and a mid-level prospect gets it done. Vrana + McIsaac maybe. I actually really like this idea more and more. I'd do:

Walman-Seider

Provorov-Hronek

Maatta-Chiarot

The only thing you're really risking is some money and a couple of guys that obviously don't have a future in Detroit.

i hope its Chiarot getting traded, but his contract is not great.

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

i hope its Chiarot getting traded, but his contract is not great.

He's not getting traded because of that contract, but I also genuinely like him. I just think he's been used wrong. I just wish they'd give him the green light to start f*cking dudes up. I don't even care if he takes bad penalties (within reason). I just want to see the attitude of the team change. I want to see this team playing like they've got some balls, and Chiarot can contribute to that.

15 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's not getting traded because of that contract, but I also genuinely like him. I just think he's been used wrong. I just wish they'd give him the green light to start f*cking dudes up. I don't even care if he takes bad penalties (within reason). I just want to see the attitude of the team change. I want to see this team playing like they've got some balls, and Chiarot can contribute to that.

i can appreciate this.

28 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

There was that game against the Ducks were he ravaged like 3 Ducks in one shift and the other Wings were saying how cool it was to see.....too lazy to search right now ....but I agree loosen the strings 

2 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

There was that game against the Ducks were he ravaged like 3 Ducks in one shift and the other Wings were saying how cool it was to see.....too lazy to search right now ....but I agree loosen the strings 

he punked a TO player pretty good the othet night.  shoved his ass to the ice.

1 hour ago, Walman6million said:

Garrioch saying Debrincat wont sign in Ottawa

He went to OTT for a 7th, 39th, and a 3rd.

Maybe we can have him for our 19th, 40th, and 41st? Would be the goal scorer we need. 

They’d never trade him within the division would they? 

11 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

They’d never trade him within the division would they? 

Now that I'm drunk and thinking about it, I'd almost rather have those 3 picks. Sure Debrincat can score like 30-40 but he's not elite and probably only has like 4 prime years left. Having 3 first-second round prospects extra is probably better. f*** Debrincat and f*** Farmington Hills. Bertuzzi was a better player than him and netted less.

Edited by Walman6million

18 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Garrioch saying Debrincat wont sign in Ottawa

He went to OTT for a 7th, 39th, and a 3rd.

Maybe we can have him for our 19th, 40th, and 41st? Would be the goal scorer we need. 

I'd take Bruce Garrioch with a grain of salt, He's usually more wrong than right. My gut tells me that DeBrincat will resign with Ottawa.

7 hours ago, Walman6million said:

Now that I'm drunk and thinking about it, I'd almost rather have those 3 picks. Sure Debrincat can score like 30-40 but he's not elite and probably only has like 4 prime years left. Having 3 first-second round prospects extra is probably better. f*** Debrincat and f*** Farmington Hills. Bertuzzi was a better player than him and netted less.

Ottawa traded that much for Debrincat when he had term left on his deal and team control at the end of it. That has largely changed. He's a free agent with arbitration rights now. You'd be crazy to trade for him at this point unless you're sure he's going to sign long term because he can just go to arbitration, get awarded a one year deal, and walk in FA next summer. This will drive his price down (along with his 6+ million cap hit). As such, not many teams can A) afford him, or B) take the risk he doesn't want to re-sign after a year. The number of teams vying for him will be small and so will the ask (a la Chychrun). I think one of our 2023 2nds, a B-level prospect, and a roster player gets it done.

I'd start with our second 2nd rounder this season and Albert Johansson. If Ottawa needs more I'm willing to add Zadina. If they STILL need more then I'd upgrade to our first 2nd rounder. If we land a top ten pick, another 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, and Debrincat in the offseason we're looking really really good.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Ottawa traded that much for Debrincat when he had term left on his deal and team control at the end of it. That has largely changed. He's a free agent with arbitration rights now. You'd be crazy to trade for him at this point unless you're sure he's going to sign long term because he can just go to arbitration, get awarded a one year deal, and walk in FA next summer. This will drive his price down (along with his 6+ million cap hit). As such, not many teams can A) afford him, or B) take the risk he doesn't want to re-sign after a year. The number of teams vying for him will be small and so will the ask (a la Chychrun). I think one of our 2023 2nds, a B-level prospect, and a roster player gets it done.

I'd start with our second 2nd rounder this season and Albert Johansson. If Ottawa needs more I'm willing to add Zadina. If they STILL need more then I'd upgrade to our first 2nd rounder. If we land a top ten pick, another 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, and Debrincat in the offseason we're looking really really good.

I agree the trade cost should be less than what they paid, maybe not that low though... especially where we're a division rival.

I'd throw a lot of draft capital at Keller and Crouse out of Arizona.   Those 2 would slot into our top 6, add scoring and in the case of Crouse grit.

21 hours ago, kipwinger said:

You're right

Dylan James + Theodor Niederbach + 2nd

Was reading about Flames rumors and found two interesting ones:

Gaudreau didn't pull the plug on CGY. His new wife did. Johnny had slept with basically every puck bunny in the Calgary social circle before meeting his wife, so she was constantly embarrassed having to interact with these other women at social gatherings. Kinda makes sense with Johnny's comments about choosing Columbus because it was a good place to settle down and raise a family.

Wings related one is: Backlund actually requested a trade as far back as the Gaudreau/Tkachuk fiasco. The three teams he requested to be sent to were Avs, Stars, and Wings. Maybe we keep our eye on him at the TDL? If we're in the playoff picture Backlund could be some cheap vet center depth. Play papa to Raymond and Berggren. 

17 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Was reading about Flames rumors and found two interesting ones:

Gaudreau didn't pull the plug on CGY. His new wife did. Johnny had slept with basically every puck bunny in the Calgary social circle before meeting his wife, so she was constantly embarrassed having to interact with these other women at social gatherings. Kinda makes sense with Johnny's comments about choosing Columbus because it was a good place to settle down and raise a family.

Wings related one is: Backlund actually requested a trade as far back as the Gaudreau/Tkachuk fiasco. The three teams he requested to be sent to were Avs, Stars, and Wings. Maybe we keep our eye on him at the TDL? If we're in the playoff picture Backlund could be some cheap vet center depth. Play papa to Raymond and Berggren. 

Nah.  No more swedish rslurs please.

Per Eric Engels of Sportsnet, on the Marinaro podcast, Buffalo and Detroit have interest in MTL's Jeff Petry. Michigan born, 35 yo, RHD, scored 31 pts in 61 games last year. Chris Johnston of TSN also says Dallas is interested, but would ask MTL to retain 50%. Return for Petry not expected to be big. Return will be greater if MTL retains. 

Lindstrom and a 3rd straight up?

Petry has an NTC blocking him from going to any Western Conf teams

18 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Per Eric Engels of Sportsnet, on the Marinaro podcast, Buffalo and Detroit have interest in MTL's Jeff Petry. Michigan born, 35 yo, RHD, scored 31 pts in 61 games last year. Chris Johnston of TSN also says Dallas is interested, but would ask MTL to retain 50%. Return for Petry not expected to be big. Return will be greater if MTL retains. 

Lindstrom and a 3rd straight up?

Petry has an NTC blocking him from going to any Western Conf teams

Not sure he'd wanna come here and split time being #6/#7. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Not sure he'd wanna come here and split time being #6/#7. 

Cause he wouldn't be #6/#7...

He led the Penguins 2nd pair last year and the only player who played more than him was Kris Letang.

It would be Maata, Chiarot, Holl, and Lindstrom getting forced down the lineup

Walman - Seider
Ghostbear - Petry
Chiarot - Holl
Maata

Lindstrom - waived/traded who cares

Walman and Seider also aren't going to play together forever. I would be interested in seeing:

Ghost - Seider
Chiarot - Petry
Walman - Holl
Maata

Chiarot and Petry played pretty damn well together as the top pair in Montreal. A trade for Petry and we could reunite that pairing. Ghost and Mo could also put up a ton of points. Then let Walman/Holl/Maata be the shut down crew. 

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Cause he wouldn't be #6/#7...

He led the Penguins 2nd pair last year and the only player who played more than him was Kris Letang.

It would be Maata, Chiarot, Holl, and Lindstrom getting forced down the lineup

Walman - Seider
Ghostbear - Petry
Chiarot - Holl
Maata

Lindstrom - waived/traded who cares

Walman and Seider also aren't going to play together forever. I would be interested in seeing:

Ghost - Seider
Chiarot - Petry
Walman - Holl
Maata

Chiarot and Petry played pretty damn well together as the top pair in Montreal. A trade for Petry and we could reunite that pairing. Ghost and Mo could also put up a ton of points. Then let Walman/Holl/Maata be the shut down crew. 

Just saying that's a very expensive 6/7 no matter who it is. You don't sign (or in Maatta's case re-sign) someone at that pay to make them a #7 D. Holl and/or Maatta make too much for one of them to be sitting for the bulk of the season. Plus it's bad business, like I said. But sure, if we could make it work, it'd be nice.

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just saying that's a very expensive 6/7 no matter who it is. You don't sign (or in Maatta's case re-sign) someone at that pay to make them a #7 D. Holl and/or Maatta make too much for one of them to be sitting for the bulk of the season. Plus it's bad business, like I said. But sure, if we could make it work, it'd be nice.

Injuries would resolve the matter so quick that it wouldn't matter