• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/05 GDT : Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers : 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Wow, awesome GDT, love the old Western wanted poster look. Thanks Nerve. 

Never confident with Mrazek in net, if the D isn't there to pick up his rebounds and overplaying the puck, this could be an ugly one. Talbot's numbers are surprisingly bad also, so at least there's an opportunity to put up some goals here. 

LGW

Keeping tabs on the Oilers has been a pet pastime of mine for years now. (Good community over @ Lowetide.) I don't know if I'd say I feel bad for them, but I can definitely say that if I were an obsessive Oilers fan, I'd be pretty steaming mad right now. Or maybe just flat-out despondent.

Ten years of utterly incompetent management...and now Chiarelli's revealing himself to be only a minor upgrade in that department. He's bled the organization of great young talent. He's gone all-in on toughness, character, etc. He's taken the one positive thing that came out of their decade of incompetence -- the lottery kids -- and traded them for magic beans. Now McDavid's on the final year of his ELC (best value you're going to see in the cap era) and they're supposed to be gearing up for a Cup run this year and...their core is basically McDavid, Draisaitl and a lot of replaceable, good-not-great talent. They're really not much deeper than the Wings, even with Sekera in the lineup.

I mean, they're probably going to destroy us tonight, because of course. And I fully expect them to make the playoffs this season. And they'll probably find a way to snag one of Karlsson, Doughty, Ekman-Larsson in a couple of years. But I can't help but feel like Chiarelli has botched the McDavid rollout.

SAD!

Edited by Dabura

7 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I'm saying that we'll get 2 goals from Cool Hand Luke.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I'm liking Glendening this season and I'm liking our current fourth line. Frk and Glendening appear to be developing some chemistry, just like we all predicted.

My OSP (Oddly Specific Prediction): Larkin with two goals, Frk with a goal and an assist, Kronwall with two assists, Abby scraps with Lucic, Scott Wilson scraps with Slepyshev, Glendening gets hurt blocking a shot on the PK.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Keeping tabs on the Oilers has been a pet pastime of mine for years now. (Good community over @ Lowetide.) I don't know if I'd say I feel bad for them, but I can definitely say that if I were an obsessive Oilers fan, I'd be pretty steaming mad right now. Or maybe just flat-out despondent.

Ten years of utterly incompetent management...and now Chiarelli's revealing himself to be only a minor upgrade in that department. He's bled the organization of great young talent. He's gone all-in on toughness, character, etc. He's taken the one positive thing that came out of their decade of incompetence -- the lottery kids -- and traded them for magic beans. Now McDavid's on the final year of his ELC (best value you're going to see in the cap era) and they're supposed to be gearing up for a Cup run this year and...their core is basically McDavid, Draistaitl and a lot of replaceable, good-not-great talent. They're really not much deeper than the Wings, even with Sekera in the lineup.

I mean, they're probably going to destroy us tonight, because of course. And I fully expect them to make the playoffs this season. And they'll probably find a way to snag one of Karlsson, Doughty, Ekman-Larsson in a couple of years. But I can't help but feel like Chiarelli has botched the McDavid rollout.

SAD!

Yeah, a whole lot of unforced errors for Chiarelli. Why they got rid of Hall, Eberle, Schultz, is beyond me. To me, that's a better supporting cast than Lucic, Strome, Larsson. Apparently he also turned down a Subban trade - would have been really interesting to see who it was for.

22 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Ten years of utterly incompetent management...and now Chiarelli's revealing himself to be only a minor upgrade in that department. He's bled the organization of great young talent. He's gone all-in on toughness, character, etc. He's taken the one positive thing that came out of their decade of incompetence -- the lottery kids -- and traded them for magic beans. Now McDavid's on the final year of his ELC (best value you're going to see in the cap era) and they're supposed to be gearing up for a Cup run this year and...their core is basically McDavid, Draistaitl and a lot of replaceable, good-not-great talent. They're really not much deeper than the Wings, even with Sekera in the lineup.

SAD!

I agree with this. And yes, they will beat us down.

28 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I like the Western theme. I'm taking that as a lead for my predictions.

I'm saying that we'll get 2 goals from Cool Hand Luke.

Witkowski? :lol: JK

Awesome GDT. Love the western theme. Always thought it would be cool to use a "Young Guns" poster and photoshop in Larkin, AA, Mantha, Frk, Svech, and Rass someday.