• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/05 GDT : Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers : 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

a little dumb part of me is upset that we're being rewarded right now. They look so bad to me right now even compared to last game. But screw it, go Wings!

They are doing what they should have been doing all season, throwing trash on net and hoping to get lucky on the rebounds. They constantly try to be too pretty with the plays and turn it over without a chance. That last goal was just grinding and throwing it on net, and it resulted in a goal. If they can get consistent with that, and just put it on the net, the goals will come more often. 

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

They are doing what they should have been doing all season, throwing trash on net and hoping to get lucky on the rebounds. They constantly try to be too pretty with the plays and turn it over without a chance. That last goal was just grinding and throwing it on net, and it resulted in a goal. If they can get consistent with that, and just put it on the net, the goals will come more often. 

Completely agree in that regard. It's our neutral zone and defensive zone play that just looks so disjointed to me. It's as if I can see everyone's gears turning in their head before they do anything. I'm attributing it to the new linemates/chemistry issue. But they're making me eat my words right now so oh well, I'll gladly take it.

47 minutes ago, Dabura said:

For real?? Wow, hadn't heard about that!

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/cult-of-hockey-why-the-oilers-should-have-made-the-subban-trade-not-the-hall-deal

Yeah, just looked it up to see if I could find who it was for. Apparently Elliott Friedman said it was Subban for Draisatl, 1 of Nurse or Klefborn and a 4th. That would be quite a bit to give up.

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

We're playing some serious troll hockey. Very opportunistic, passive-aggressive.

Hope I won´t jinx,... Oilers are terrible beside couple indivuduals, this team has no depth.. 

Nyquist hurt?

Just now, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/cult-of-hockey-why-the-oilers-should-have-made-the-subban-trade-not-the-hall-deal

Yeah, just looked it up to see if I could find who it was for. Apparently Elliott Friedman said it was Subban for Draisatl, 1 of Nurse or Klefborn and a 4th. That would be quite a bit to give up.

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

End of 1st. Wings lead 2-0. I'll take it.

Nyquist hurt, possibly out of the game...?

Just now, MabusIncarnate said:

So is Nyquist out? He looked pretty hurt.

Prime opportunity to put Frk up there with Tats and Z

What's that I hear? Why, yes, I do believe that's Evgeny Svechnikov's theme song playing in the distance!