• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

11/05 GDT : Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers : 4:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Put Frk with guys who can provide some offense and he produces.  Still kind of one dimensional, but as long as he's used correctly he can help the team.

4 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I wish Abdelkader would retire

Along with Ericsson, Kronwall, Holland, and Blashill

47 minutes ago, kjw25 said:

Wow another game and Abdelkader didn't score!!!!!!! What a shock. But his grit sure helps this team, def worth 5 million a year!!!

Solid drop in after a 4-0 win?

2 hours ago, kjw25 said:

Wow another game and Abdelkader didn't score!!!!!!! What a shock. But his grit sure helps this team, def worth 5 million a year!!!

1 hour ago, kjw25 said:

Yup checking in on Abby our 5 mil stud

Abdelkaders and Zetterbergs both only had 1 assist? WOW, waste of about 10 million dollars right there.

Tatar on the other hand had 0 goals and 0 assists and makes 1 million more than Abdelkader. But he's newer and provides more grit than Abs so it's ok I think.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Great shutout win by Mrazek. Did Jimmy just become mediocre? Nice to see Nyquist and Nielsen score (on pace for 27). Not bad for being demoted to the 3rd line.

Mrazek looking like the Vezina winning goalie we remember

29 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Damn them Oilers look awful. They are performing well under capacity. Clearly some stuff is going on there.

That was a dominating two points which by itself is comical/ridiculuous. But I'll take it. Next.

They have some tough waters to navigate ahead. McDavid's 12.5 cap hit kicks in next year. They will have 15 million to fill 8 roster spots, and that's with zero player scratched, so more like 9 to 10 roster spots. That's about 1.5 per roster spot to spend. And that doesn't sound tooooo awful... until you consider the RFAs they have to re-sign which include R. Strome and Nurse. I assume Strome will end up being let go or traded, but Nurse could ask for some money, reducing what they can give others. They're certainly not going to be able to make any big or meaningful additions in FA.

They have to be smart drafting cause they're gonna need ELC player to fill spots. Blackhawks were smart about that, Penguins eventually got smart at that. Edmonton has some questionable history drafting, especially with all their high picks so naturally I hope they get f***ed in the ass

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Abdelkaders and Zetterbergs both only had 1 assist? WOW, waste of about 10 million dollars right there.

Tatar on the other hand had 0 goals and 0 assists and makes 1 million more than Abdelkader. But he's newer and provides more grit than Abs so it's ok I think.

Hey man, now that @DidSheahanScore is dead.  We gotta have SOMEONE to harp on.

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They have some tough waters to navigate ahead. McDavid's 12.5 cap hit kicks in next year. They will have 15 million to fill 8 roster spots, and that's with zero player scratched, so more like 9 to 10 roster spots. That's about 1.5 per roster spot to spend. And that doesn't sound tooooo awful... until you consider the RFAs they have to re-sign which include R. Strome and Nurse. I assume Strome will end up being let go or traded, but Nurse could ask for some money, reducing what they can give others. They're certainly not going to be able to make any big or meaningful additions in FA.

They have to be smart drafting cause they're gonna need ELC player to fill spots. Blackhawks were smart about that, Penguins eventually got smart at that. Edmonton has some questionable history drafting, especially with all their high picks so naturally I hope they get f***ed in the ass

Chiarelli is the f***ing worst!

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

MIck and Ken were talking about a RNH trade, perhaps.

Just checked his salary and is 6 mil per year. 8.5 for Draisatl and another 6 for Lucic. plus those McDavid's 12.5 mil... 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/oilers

BxF13n0IMAAQh5h.jpg

3 hours ago, e_prime said:

Hey man, now that @DidSheahanScore is dead.  We gotta have SOMEONE to harp on.

Helm?

17 hours ago, MabusIncarnate said:

I wish Abdelkader would retire

B-B-But... He's our next Capt.

Edited by NerveDamage