• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

11/6 GDT - Red Wings at Canucks - 10:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Wow what a game. Haven't seen the Wings play with that much tenacity and energy in what feels like years. Not perfect by any means, but much more entertaining to watch. On a slightly negative note, Kronwall looks very out of place right now.

13 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Looks like Datsyuk

Definitely looks like that move that broke Logan Couture's ankles. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Yes, that is the play where I commented Andreas Dastyuk!

Ya, glad his “whiny entitled prima Donna ass” got signed. Wasn’t a necessity or anything...

Seems like both of the guys some labeled as that in the off-season are doing pretty damn well right now. 

2 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Wow what a game. Haven't seen the Wings play with that much tenacity and energy in what feels like years. Not perfect by any means, but much more entertaining to watch. On a slightly negative note, Kronwall looks very out of place right now.

I really liked that we didn't fizzle out after the Canucks tied it. We didn't sit back -- we pushed back. That's good stuff. Didn't see much of that sticktoitiveness last season.

These past two games have been pleasant surprises for me. To my eye, everyone and everything looks better. Even Kronwall. It's a far cry from perfection, but it's closer to our full potential, I feel. Props to the players and to Blashill. There've obviously been some discussions and adjustments.

Having said all of that...we're exactly where we were at this time last season, in terms of points and the standings:

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/11/07/road-tested-red-wings-feeling-bullish-after-two-wins-out-west/107435274/

When you look at the Red Wings’ record, it was the exact same (8-7-1, 17 points) through 16 games it was last year, with the same number of regulation wins (six), same spot in the standings (just out of the wild card) and the goal differential was plus-2 this season compared to negative-2 last season.

In that sense, it's looking like this is more or less the same team as last year's team and we're probably going to have more or less the same end result. Which is a little depressing, though not surprising.

But, having said that...this team is deeper than last year's team, Zetterberg isn't being forced to carry the team on his back, and we're generally playing better hockey. Larkin has taken a huge step forward.

Edited by Dabura

9 minutes ago, brett said:

holland going to have his work cut out after this season

mantha larkin AA are going to want bank

need to shed a lot

It'll be interesting. Very interesting.

Hell, we don't even know that Holland is going to be the GM.

Just now, kickazz said:

Bro come on, guy has 1 stanley cup and no Jack Adams.

He's overrated

Off-topic: Majin Club 4 Lyfe!

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Meanwhile, the stale voice of the leafs coach

PAVfsSy.gif

NERVE WHY IS MY GIF NOT WORKING FIX IT

It´s working, just nobody´s moving .. you´ve got to wait 50 seconds to see Babcock chewing. 

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Meanwhile, the stale voice of the leafs coach

NERVE WHY IS MY GIF NOT WORKING FIX IT

beats me

GdRt52D.gif

how did you make it? was it a clip? 

but srsly... what's in the kid's menu at Air Canada Centre?

giphy.gif

this lil dude is feeling it