• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Wings players with no trade clauses

Rate this topic

Was looking at our roster to see who we might be able to ship off and it seems that our stupid gm just gives no trade clauses to anyone that asks

anyone know the exact details of these clauses concerning specific players ???

like if we wanted to trade green we can trade him but he can say like 10 teams he won't go to??

15 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Was looking at our roster to see who we might be able to ship off and it seems that our stupid gm just gives no trade clauses to anyone that asks

anyone know the exact details of these clauses concerning specific players ???

like if we wanted to trade green we can trade him but he can say like 10 teams he won't go to??

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings

Capfriendly has this info if you hover over the "NTC" or "NMC" indication.

Green's is a straight NTC, but I'm sure he'd waive that at the trade deadline for the opportunity of going to a contender to try to win a cup.

P.S. forgot that we have 5 out of 7 d men with a NTC. 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

5 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings

Capfriendly has this info if you hover over the "NTC" or "NMC" indication.

Green's is a straight NTC, but I'm sure he'd waive that at the trade deadline for the opportunity of going to a contender to try to win another cup.

P.S. forgot that we have 5 out of 7 d men with a NTC. 

Another cup? When did he win his first?

3 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

I thought the same thing, but I would assume he just meant "another", as in another opportunity, not another Cup. Green has had many opportunities with those Caps teams', but has never been fortunate enough (yet) to win it all.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I thought the same thing, but I would assume he just meant "another", as in another opportunity, not another Cup. Green has had many opportunities with those Caps teams', but has never been fortunate enough (yet) to win it all.

Ovie and backstrom could also use another cup lol 

NTCs/NMCs. Just another thing Holland throws into contract negotiations to sweeten the deal, seemingly without thinking about the problems it can/will create if guys don’t live up to their contracts. Some do move into modified NTCs later in their contracts, like Howard has. He can be traded, but he still has some control of where he ends up by submitting his ten team list. If a deal can’t be reached with one of them, or if he isn’t willing to waive the NTC to go somewhere else, Hollands hands are tied. 

Players who’s NTC/NMC has modified status thisseason:

Howard, Kronwall.

2018/19

Nielson (modified NTC/NMC, still tons of leverage and control until UFA) , Errorsson

2019/20

Tatar, Daley

2020/21

Abdelkader, DeKeyser

Helm’s never moves into a modified NTC. NTC status straight into UFA. Hahaha

Howard only has the M-NTC this season. Next season he has zero leverage regarding trades. Nyquist also has a full NTC until he hits UFA. Mannn.

Edited by chaps80

10 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Oops - just my brain checking out for a moment there. Maybe just the effect of a late night post, haha.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

NTCs/NMCs. Just another thing Holland throws into contract negotiations to sweeten the deal, seemingly without thinking about the problems it can/will create if guys don’t live up to their contracts. Some do move into modified NTCs later in their contracts, like Howard has. He can be traded, but he still has some control of where he ends up by submitting his ten team list. If a deal can’t be reached with one of them, or if he isn’t willing to waive the NTC to go somewhere else, Hollands hands are tied. 

Players who’s NTC/NMC has modified status thisseason: Howard, Kronwall.

2018/19: Nielson (modified NTC/NMC, still tons of leverage and control until UFA) , Errorsson

2019/20:Tatar, Daley

2020/21: Abdelkader, DeKeyser

Helm’s never moves into a modified NTC. NTC status straight into UFA. Hahaha

Howard only has the M-NTC this season. Next season he has zero leverage regarding trades. Nyquist also has a full NTC until he hits UFA. Mannn.

That's not exactly true. If you look at the conditions of his NTC, the NTC can be voided in the last 2 years if he's not top 9 for TOI or if we don't make the playoffs.

And if you're interested, so far this year, he's 7th in forwards for ice time - with AA, Frk and Nielsen below. If he plays himself below these 3 (i know, I know some will say he should already be there) or any newcomers: Ras, Svech, Tavaras(haha) then he won't have a NTC. Or if we're still out of the playoffs.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

5 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Oops - just my brain checking out for a moment there. Maybe just the effect of a late night post, haha.

That's not exactly true. If you look at the conditions of his NTC, the NTC can be voided in the last 2 years if he's not top 9 for TOI or if we don't make the playoffs.

And if you're interested, so far this year, he's 7th in forwards for ice time - with AA, Frk and Nielsen below. If he plays himself below these 3 (i know, I know some will say he should already be there) or any newcomers: Ras, Svech, Tavaras(haha) then he won't have a NTC. Or if we're still out of the playoffs.

Problem is people dont actually like to look at the facts, its easier to just glance and see the NTC or NMC and then make a snap judgement and act pissy.

Edited by kliq

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Problem is people dont actually like to look at the facts, its easier to just glance and see the NTC or NMC and then make a snap judgement and act pissy.

but it's just so much easier to come here and be negative about everything.

18 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It’s human nature to be a whiner. It takes effort to actually dig for facts or stay positive

Positive note: NTC/NMC are put in by the players, right? The number of NMC/NTC on this team shows that players want to be here. That's loyalty. That's a positive, right?

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Positive note: NTC/NMC are put in by the players, right? The number of NMC/NTC on this team shows that players want to be here. That's loyalty. That's a positive, right?

Job security, settling in a town if you have wife/kids.

When these NMC/NTCs were handed out like apples I too used to get pissy about it. But as the years have progressed (particularly the last 2 years-ish) we've seen that these things don't actually make a huge difference. Players with these things can get traded if need be.

Both Fleury and Enstrom waived their NMC's last year. 

Edited by kickazz

I remember getting into a heated debate with someone over NTC/NMC.  I argued this exact point that NTC's are traded almost every year.  I forget who the user was, but they said that they rarely ever got dealt.

We are seeing, I believe more and more, players with NTC/NMC waiving them to go to bigger and better places every year.

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I remember getting into a heated debate with someone over NTC/NMC.  I argued this exact point that NTC's are traded almost every year.  I forget who the user was, but they said that they rarely ever got dealt.

We are seeing, I believe more and more, players with NTC/NMC waiving them to go to bigger and better places every year.

Yep, its really not that big of a deal. If ur team is bad and they want out, they'll waive it. Unless ur the Shane Doan type and you just don't want to leave. That's loyalty/commitment to ur team/community. That's a good thing in its own way (unless/until Shane Doan turns into Dan Cleary anyway).

NTC/NMC are really only about giving the player more control over their future, especially when they have families. They aren't some insurmountable obstacle that makes them untradeable. Nor does it mean the team is stuck with them forever. Is Holland making his job more difficult if he needs to trade someone? Yes, but not impossible. Besides, that is not even the reason those players aren't being traded.

Take away the NTC/NMC from those contracts and those players aren't getting traded anyway. Not Ken's style. So why all the uproar?