• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

The next captian: #39 Anthony Mantha!

Rate this topic

He is making a very strong case! Larkin might still get it because he is from Michigan. But the draw of wearing the C for his grandfathers teams might keep him here for a long long time!

Mantha with the C, Larkin with an A, and we will see who earns another A.......

6 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lol No.

You already said that Larkin will get it. 

Anyways we don't know if Mantha will stay here. 

F*** Off! Mantha ain't going no where!

My next jersey (which I plan to buy in the next few months) will be a Mantha.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

F*** Off! Mantha ain't going no where!

My next jersey (which I plan to buy in the next few months) will be a Mantha.

I'm just saying he's had a rough relationship with management (Devalano). He's a French Canadian. He could book it to Canada (probably Montreal) if he feels like he doesn't get enough $$. 

Mantha is the guy that wouldn't list "Loyal" under his description on Tinder. 

Edited by kickazz

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I'm just saying he's had a rough relationship with management (Devalano). He's a French Canadian. He could book it to Canada (probably Montreal) if he feels like he doesn't get enough $$. 

F*** Devellano! (not really... but f*** him for that "very, very disappointing" bulls***).

He could book it to Canada, but so could Athanasiou or Rasmussen or Cholowski or whoever else. I'm not sure where you're getting the not loyal thing though. Athanasiou, maybe, but not Mantha.

45 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Eh, I'm not sure this is a thing. In hindsight, it's pretty clear that the public criticism from management was a simple motivational ploy -- and as far as I can tell, Larkin and Mantha both knew exactly what was up and embraced it. I think Larkin and Mantha are both going to be Wings for a long time. I'm not so sure about Athanasiou. Maybe it's just the way he is, but his body language is giving me a "Counting down the days until I'm done here" vibe.

As for who's getting which letters...Larkin probably does inherit the C from Z and Mantha could inherit Kronwall's A. Wouldn't rule out DeKeyser for an A. I know the Wings are really high on Rasmussen's character. He's been favorably compared to Jonathan Toews in the way he carries himself.

Putting the letters aside, though, Larkin and Mantha are cleary taking over as this team's leaders. That's the important thing.

Edited by Dabura

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Lol No.

You already said that Larkin will get it. 

Anyways we don't know if Mantha will stay here. 

If Mantha keeps progressing the way he has, we’ll make sure we keep him. Assuming we don’t get a trade offer we can’t refuse anyway. 

Agreed with those saying Larkin very likely gets the C after Zetterberg leaves.. but not just “because he’s from Michigan.” The whole being from Michigan thing is so old and overblown. It’s just a small bonus in players, not a priority.. many teams have hometown players. 

28 minutes ago, amato said:

If Mantha keeps progressing the way he has, we’ll make sure we keep him. Assuming we don’t get a trade offer we can’t refuse anyway. 

Agreed with those saying Larkin very likely gets the C after Zetterberg leaves.. but not just “because he’s from Michigan.” The whole being from Michigan thing is so old and overblown. It’s just a small bonus in players, not a priority.. many teams have hometown players. 

The difference is he’s a GOOD hometown player with leadership qualities and all that jazz.

Like of course DK is a hometown boy too but he sucks.

Edited by kickazz

The players still decide do they not? None of us are in the locker room. We don't know who they will vote for. Yes I think Larkin is the favorite for the job. But that is today. If Mantha is a top flight goal scorer the next 1.75 seasons and has fought to protect his teams mates that will mater. it is also a point of negotiation. He is up for a big contract soon and it may come up. if the team and his agent are say 1 million per year apart on a 8 year deal you can always add a .5 million and a C to get the deal done.

If I was going to place a bet it would be:

Larkin -C

Abby, Mantha, and DD with the A's. Once Abby is gone then I think Rasmussen will wear an A.

Just because someone is groomed for a job-real or not, doesn't mean it is going to work. Blashill is a good example.

Abby is going to be the next Captain... He's from Michigan, does a lot in the community, and if you haven't noticed gives a lot of interviews, which is a good sign for a captain.

When that happens, Larkin and DK will also get the A... Not only are they both from Michigan also, they will both have long-term contracts by that time, and be mainstays in the lineup/organization.

20 minutes ago, NotTooAbby said:

Abby is going to be the next Captain... He's from Michigan, does a lot in the community, and if you haven't noticed gives a lot of interviews, which is a good sign for a captain.

When that happens, Larkin and DK will also get the A... Not only are they both from Michigan also, they will both have long-term contracts by that time, and be mainstays in the lineup/organization.

NotTooAbby of an assessment.

I really don't care who fights or who scores 30 goals etc. when it comes to being the next captain, what matters to me is who is that guy in the locker room, that when he speaks EVERYONE listens. That is who the captain should be. More often then not it ends up being the guy who scores the most goals because that guy earns the respect of his teammates, but sometimes that guy just isn't "captain" material, and that's ok. The guy I dont want to be captain, the guy that speaks and people just turn their head because they dont want to hear them.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

The difference is he’s a GOOD hometown player with leadership qualities and all that jazz.

Like of course DK is a hometown boy too but he sucks.

Right. That’s why I said not just because he’s from Michigan.

I don’t think DK sucks.. maybe he’s not as good as some were hoping but mostly, he’s just usually playing too high in the lineup. Which has been kind of out of necessity. 

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

I really don't care who fights or who scores 30 goals etc. when it comes to being the next captain, what matters to me is who is that guy in the locker room, that when he speaks EVERYONE listens. That is who the captain should be. More often then not it ends up being the guy who scores the most goals because that guy earns the respect of his teammates, but sometimes that guy just isn't "captain" material, and that's ok. The guy I dont want to be captain, the guy that speaks and people just turn their head because they dont want to hear them.

100% this. Well said. 

25 minutes ago, amato said:

Right. That’s why I said not just because he’s from Michigan.

I don’t think DK sucks.. maybe he’s not as good as some were hoping but mostly, he’s just usually playing too high in the lineup. Which has been kind of out of necessity. 

100% this. Well said. 

Sucks as top 2, good as top 4 is my analysis of him.

33 minutes ago, kliq said:

Let’s be honest Red Wings aren’t dumb enough to give a guy captaincy just because he scores 30 goals and fights lol. 

As much as I think Toews is overrated, you’re not giving Patrick Kane the “C” even though Kane is a much better player, if not one of the best of this era.

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Let’s be honest Red Wings aren’t dumb enough to give a guy captaincy just because he scores 30 goals and fights lol. 

As much as I think Toews is overrated, you’re not giving Patrick Kane the “C” even though Kane is a much better player, if not one of the best of this era.

Oh for sure. My comments were more so directed at some fans.